View Results

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:09 am
Wow, what a nice cool down we had yesterday. I do not think it even reached 85 degrees. Hopefully it is just as cool today.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:34 pm
It's still really warm in LA. Hopefully, it'll cool down by next month. I'm tired of my arms burning every time I go out to take out trash or get the mail!  

StephODell

Married Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Married 100

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:09 am
I have noticed that most of us have Air Conditioning (A/C) in our vehicles and in our buildings. Someone could make a lot of money if they came up with an portable A/C for those times we are trapped between the other A/C's like getting garbage or mail or even just traveling to or from a building or vehicle. Until such time I guess we will just have to live with the heat even though there are already methods to mitigate some of the high temps such as a parasol or even a cooling towel.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:03 pm
The plus side to Lolita is parasols~

We do kind of live in A/C bubbles, don't we? But then if we never left the A/C, we'd never get fresh air or w/e  

StephODell

Married Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:10 am
Ah, fresh air. That is another thing that seems to me is on its way to becoming a luxury, what, with all the pollution in the air and lately the smoke from fires every where. I saw an article yesterday that says the west coast is on fire and when I opened up the link they had little fire symbols for each fire currently burning along the west and in Alaska too. The map was so zoomed out that the symbols touched each other making it look like the entire west was on fire. Well, at least from central California going north. When you zoom in, the symbols didn't cover as much and when you zoom to single fire, you couldn't even see the next nearest fire on the map. I guess it is just a matter of perspective. Makes me wonder what it would really look like from space.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:54 pm
Hard to say...Details like that get lost when you're outside the atmosphere.

I had heard about all the fires, since I'm from BC originally, and most of the Interior is on fire, much to my dismay. It's hard to hear about stuff like that when you live so far away from it.  

StephODell

Married Lunatic

10,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100
Poll Guild of DOOM

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items