Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Gideon Garrison the Mist Hunter [Crits?]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:36 pm
DEUS EX MACHINA PERSONNEL FORM

The Hunter
Name: Gideon G. Garrison Jr
Nicknames: Gridiron, Gee [G], Jr, Triple G.

Category: Mist - The group that does not have one specified role but fills in for everyone. A jack of all trades master of none group, they are usually asked to take missions from all four categories, but as a result do not get "specialized field" missions.

The Weapon
Name: Killian
Nicknames: Kill, Illy
Type of Weapon: Segmented Sword
Former species of weapon: Snake Demon

Personalities:
Gideon ~ "I'm the best type of Hunter! Only in it for the honor..."
Pros
Loyal: "I won't let you fall!" - Arguably his best trait for those who've known him a long time. G normally showcases a different side to him when this is really in high gear. As the young man usually doesn't like doing anything without some sort of gain or helping those who he's not familiar with. When this is out in full force all of that goes away. G will never let a friend in need go without his help or advice. Mostly help. Getting advice from this guy is...uh, risky. G normally shows this trait in how he reacts or treats someone. Normally his friends would get more talk less lazy and more smile less deadpan stare.

Goal-oriented: "I have my reasons." - Single minded. One track. The more negative aspects of this trait are sadly seen first, then you see the positive which is: He gets things done. If G has a goal, you can bet your prized mini-pet he'll get it done within the time stated or within the month. He has his reasons for everything, ask him why he does something and he'll tell you. Question that reason. He might back off due to words not being his strong point...or he might take a swing. Depends. This is an odd quirk of his if only due to his extreme flaw. Though he has said flaw this trait is displayed on a more silent level. You don't really notice he gets things done until he shows the results.

Fearless: "I won't show my fear to anyone." - Killian says this is his most foolish trait. G doesn't show his fear to anyone. He acts [note this word] like he hasn't gotten a fear or care in the world. Reality is, G understands showing Fear and letting it rule you are two different things. While he hasn't mastered controlling his Fear, he merely pushes it down and bottles it. Something actually scares him? He laughs it off. Something scares his friends? He punches it out. He's really still a kid at heart.

Cons
Lazy: "Uh huh...sure." - This. This Right here is what EVERYONE sees. G is lazy. Lazy. Lazy. LAZY. He won't do anything for anyone he's not a fan of. Won't overwork himself just because that's what expected of him. Won't butter up a teacher even if he's about to fail a class. Just...if he feels its too much work or energy. He just won't do it. This is noted mostly by the fact G will just stare at you impassively or flat out nap in your presence.

Aggressive: "You think that works on me?" - G will get in your face if you push him. Try to intimidate him and he'll turn it around on you by replying in kind. Only his way of intimidation usually involves Killian being drawn out to get his point across. Such things aren't actually uncommon for him. G isn't known for his ability to let things go...

Hopeless Romantic: "Everyone needs a happy ending." - This right here is going to shape how he views his fellow Hunters. To him, this whole place is a giant soap opera and its either his task to see it to the end or help get a few sub-plots along to the happy ending they need. While he has his laziness and aggression this is more of a inner working type of thing. Its his general mentality on the whole deal to ignore his past and try to carry on with his future. He will ignore his own happy ending for the sake of others however....but yes, you could say this is the root of his aggression and laziness. That frustration at seeing the good thing in front of a person and them not seeing it. The disappointment of the ending slipping through your grasp. It all comes full circle here...

Extra Detail
Hidden Softie: "Oh my god...its small..." - You short? Play it up with him. He'll legit do anything to make a kid [or someone who looks like one] smile. Due to his own past of nightmares and shrinks he's the type who thinks kids should be listened to. He likes small fluffy things for the cuddle factor. He got used to cuddling them when he was dealing with his nightmares. [yes he has a large collection of stuffed animals in his room, the oldest being a really big tiger, with a lot of stitches on it] While animals don't last long on the island, he makes due with the plushies.

Killian ~ "Look, I'm stuck as a voice in your head...DEAL WITH IT!!!"
Pros
Goal-oriented: "There's a method to every madness..." - Kill loves it when people praise him for his goals. Well...when G does at least. Its the one thing they share in common and Kill tends to think that G perfected his own trait by the weapons example. Kill is a warrior to his core so the idea that he never has a set goal isn't something he can process. He will spend his time urging G to figure out the goal every other person has in order to keep his sanity.

Wise: "I'm seriously older than you...listen up." - Kill has an "old man" vibe to many things he says or advises G on. While he's not too keen on kids he has grown a fondness for his childish Hunter. G strikes a paternal cord in the weapon and it shows in the way he'll take time to advise G on things. Weather or not G wants to hear it. Kill is old, feels it and has no issues about letting others know if he can.

Supportive: "Sure...go for it..." - Kill understands G after being there when the youth wakes up from a night terror. Mostly because the brat usually draws him in his sudden jolt. That being a key fact, Kill usually doesn't berate or reprimand the youth unless G is about to do something really supremely stupid. This trait can spread to others once Kill gets to know them through his Hunter, he'll urge G to be more open with a person.

Cons
Aggressive: "Try my last nerve...just try it." - A trait he and G share. Sadly this is one of Kill's defining traits as he is highly aggressive towards most living beings. This has an odd way of mixing with a few other traits as he does start off aggressive when G tends to act like a brat. Usually fading to his Wiser approach due to the youth's shaky childhood.

Bossy: "LISTEN WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!!!" - You think you got problems? G has to deal with Kill. This trait is hands down G's main headache inducer. Kill loves to tell the Hunter what to do and how to do it. It also shows up in all his other traits as he tells G and advises him usually with the wording of "You should..." in Kill-speak that means "Do it..."

Sarcastic: ". . .uh huh...sure..." - He likes to mock people verbally. Its a fun past time, mostly cause they can't hear him and G usually agrees.

Why did your human character choose to become a Hunter?
To stop the nightmares and save his sanity.

Weapon Ability
Since Killian was a Snake Demon, Gideon is able to unleash a small...extremely weak at this point in time. Venom slash.

I would think this would be under Swift Strikes, as Killian is a segmented sword [think snake sword lol]

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Bright Light Brown - looks almost yellow
Hair Colour/Style: Dark chestnut brown, usually in a spiky wavy ponytail at the top of his head.
Skin Colour: Light caramel.
Clothing Style/Colours: Wears his long white coat over a baggy shirt. Scarf is magenta. Shirt is a dark navy splattered with random magenta mist-like wisps. Coat ends around his knees and he usually has his hands in its large pockets. Wears a large navy head-wrap with a small collection of brightly colored pins on one side. Pants are baggy and large pockets can be seen hiding random little things. Sword is strapped to his back. A pair of neon glowing headphones sit around his ears, the cord vanishing into his coat. He has Killian's sword hilt decorated with a teal and magenta tassel which also has random brightly colored beads in it.
Extra: Usually Gideon has a bored expression on his face, maybe popping a bubble as he always has a soft sweet treat to much on. Gideon likes things in his mouth...Killian has no comment but does ask that his handle not have the above mentioned garish decorations. THE ONLY COLOR THAT I REQUEST NOT BE ON HIM AT ALL IS PINK. Magenta is the closest I'll get to that color...
References: nothing yet...but i might have some later >>  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:07 pm
Minor that needs to be addressed~ Killian would have 0 memories of being weaponized or how it happened, and forced weaponizations are almost non-existent. While they can happen, all weapons for new hunters were consenting to the process as by the time the tech caught up, they'd discovered that willing participants had a much higher success rate. At best, he'd have felt guilty (perhaps having been guilted into it) over it, but be unsure as to why.

My opinions and thoughts on his personality tho-
Hidden softy as a trait is fine, but the way it's focused right now would have little to no impact in actual play. Animals, with the exception of minipets that die after a short while, don't exist on the island, nor do children. It's also not a flaw, as it doesn't negatively impact his social interactions. Virtues should be what helps a character interact and make connections and resolve conflicts. Flaws are what cause conflicts and negatively impact relationships. With that in mind I'd re-evaluate where his virtues and flaws fall and how they relate to forming IC connections. IO often tell players to consider the journalistic questions. How, what, when, why, where and who. Who does this effect. What causes it to happen (not as a source, but as a encountered reaction), why does this impact relationships, where would this happen on a daily basis, and when does this not occur? It's simple breaking down of each trait and applying a broad scope of everyday encounters that can often help form a cohesive whole profile, with traits that work in smooth tandem without being forced into section black that might appear conflicting.

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:08 am
iStoleYurVamps

Edited! how's he looking now?
Since his softie side is a major detail with him, I just moved it and reworded it a bit. Cuz that is a thing I wanna make sure is out there....  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:21 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes

He looks alright from my POV, though I know Vamps gave you crit previously. *u*

Interesting to see how the aggression clashes on island full of egos, as well as in a scenario where he's the low man on the totem pole and his superiors could care less what he feels or wants.

As far as a starting hunter personality, looks fine to me! There's no problem with him being a secret softie~ I just hope the island doesn't traumatize him too much!

Keep in mind that coming to the island, the hunters are limited to one bag of belongings and don't get out to shop for ages... so unless he plans on sacrificing some clothes or essentials he may not be able to bring all his plushies! XD  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items