No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
Only a few days...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If you were to get a photo with one of my cosplays, which one would you choose?
  Dainty Dove
  Kaorinite
  Codex
  River Song
  Two or more of the above
  None of the above
View Results

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:12 pm
...until I go to Kumoricon, the local anime convention. The new English voice actresses for Sailors Uranus and Saturn - Erica Mendez and Christine-Marie Cabanos, respectively - are a couple of the guests this year. There's also Kieran Strange and KIERAN Project 2015 there as well; not as familiar with their work but from the brief clips of music I listened by them they sound pretty cool.

This is my line-up for this year:

Day 1 - "Wedding Chapel" Dainty Dove (My Little Pony)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Day 2 - "Magus" Kaorinite (Sailor Moon)

Day 3 - Codex (The Guild)

User Image

Day 4 - "Day of the Moon" River Song (Doctor Who)

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:38 pm
Kumoricon was fun - a lot more calm and mellow than it was the past couple times I've gone. A combination of not many panels/events going on that interested me (or conflicted with the photoshoots I wanted to go to) and not being able to meet-up with my friends very much (if at all) like I used to in the past.

Quite a few people kept misidentifying my Dainty Dove as either Princess Celestia ((which confused them when they saw the bridal veil and bouquet)) or Princess Cadence. It's okay... I know that not many people would've recognized a classic pony, especially when a majority of the attendees at the MLP photoshoot would only be familiar with the MLP:FIM generation. In fact, as the different categories they were doing photos for, I realized that Dainty Dove would've never gotten any shots because there was no other classic ponies... so I just went ahead and pretended I was who everyone thought I was (Celestia/Cadence).
Though one thing I can take away from that is the possibility of actually considering cosplaying as either of the princesses. Although I love Cadence out of the two, my wig I have matches Celestia's color scheme more. *shrugs* Who knows what I'll end up doing, if I do decide to add another MLP cosplay to my collection.

Kaorinite ended up being only one of three villains that showed up for the Sailor Moon photoshoot; the other two being Professor Tomoe ((which I was happy about)) and Nephrite. I had hoped to have more action shots with the senshi (i.e. battle scenes) but everyone was either too dazed to really think of anything or just wanted to get somewhere that was more dry (since it has been raining off and on throughout the day).

Nothing eventful happened with Codex or River Song this year. Well, aside from me being the only River Song cosplayer at the Doctor Who panel this year, which I was surprised about since last year we had probably 10 of them. I did hear someone comment while I was walking up to the front to line up with the other cosplayers that they were impressed with how accurate my cosplay was.

*shrugs* I'm still glad that I went, just wished there was more memories to reflect on to make it extremely memorable.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

beaulolais

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:34 pm
i must lurv de poneez

friendsr4evr  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:50 pm
I think it's really cool you did a classic pony  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:53 pm
Mama Ame
I think it's really cool you did a classic pony

Dainty Dove is one of the three classic MLPs I have. The other two are Lightheart ("Canopy Bed" version) and Ivy.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games