Welcome to Gaia! ::

The IV Group

Back to Guilds

The LARGEST name based group on Gaia. Join the family! 

Tags: zOMG, Clan, Group, Family, Culture 

Reply IV Introductions!(INTRODUCE YOURSELVES!)
Hello from Japan

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kawaii Deshou

Kawaii Wife

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:00 am
My name is JoAnn! I live in Japan outside of Tokyo, but I am originally from Pennsylvania.

I've been a member of Gaia (on and off) since 2005 - same account, many different usernames.

Since I've moved to Japan for work, I've been on Gaia more often to keep in contact with English speaking people (since 70% of my life is in Japanese).

I don't know how I found this group, someone's signature I assume, but hopefully I can meet some people my own age biggrin

Anyway -- Hi.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:13 pm
Hey there, welcome to the guild! 3nodding  

FoLK_DeViL

Dapper Dabbler

7,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Falcon IV

Duck

12,825 Points
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:44 pm
Hey, welcome to the group! Penn to Japan is pretty big move, must be quite the experience. I can try to help with any questions you may have, feel free to shoot me a FR if you feel so inclined. Hope you have a pleasant experience here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:36 am
Onyx IV
Hey there, welcome to the guild! 3nodding

Haha, thank you. I will try to be active on my days off and participate as much as possible.

I think it will be fun =]  

Kawaii Deshou

Kawaii Wife

Kawaii Deshou

Kawaii Wife

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:40 am
Falcon IV
Hey, welcome to the group! Penn to Japan is pretty big move, must be quite the experience. I can try to help with any questions you may have, feel free to shoot me a FR if you feel so inclined. Hope you have a pleasant experience here.

Yes, it was a pretty big move for me and quite spontaneous. I quit my job at the bank and wanted to travel, so I applied to teach overseas. I was lucky that a company in Japan saw my resume and asked me to come here near Tokyo instead of a rural Asian country like most people. I wasn't expecting it at all, but I loved it so much I decided to stay.

But the lack of English speakers does get lonely, so I reconnected with the internet to pass the time.

I'll send you a FR, that's great.

As a side note, what is the purpose of this group... I guess that's my only question: how should I contribute? Just being active?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:13 pm
Kawaii Deshou IV
Falcon IV

Yes, it was a pretty big move for me and quite spontaneous. I quit my job at the bank and wanted to travel, so I applied to teach overseas. I was lucky that a company in Japan saw my resume and asked me to come here near Tokyo instead of a rural Asian country like most people. I wasn't expecting it at all, but I loved it so much I decided to stay.

But the lack of English speakers does get lonely, so I reconnected with the internet to pass the time.

I'll send you a FR, that's great.

As a side note, what is the purpose of this group... I guess that's my only question: how should I contribute? Just being active?

That's a really cool life decision, I don't think I have the guts myself. The purpose is this group is in my opinion to have a sense of family on Gaia, just being active is plenty, showing up the screenshots we have once in a while is good too. Sorry for the late response, my internet wasn't working, had to get a new router with a new company.

Falcon IV

Duck

12,825 Points
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
IV Introductions!(INTRODUCE YOURSELVES!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games