Xanthus knew Naveen hadn’t had the opportunity to meet the pups yet and he had wanted to steal them all away but the only one that had been awake was Adira and she was more than anxious to get out so the male had decided to take his daughter to his pack so that she could meet her grandmother.

The little yellow and white female bounded happily along his feet, dodging in and out with a happy gate as she traveled with her father to the Watembezi’Mto. He hadn’t said where they were going but she was excited as she liked to spend one on one with her father. It was like their time and she enjoyed every minute of it. Mainly because he was always busy and almost always gone.

He looked down at the female and smiled, though there was a small form of sadness to his eyes. He had been so very excited become a father and had been even more elated to look upon his children. What made him sad was the fact that the pale and yellow female looked so much like his sister it broke his heart every time he looked at her. She resembled her mother so much, but there was something about Adira that made him remember the sibling he had lost so long ago. He shook his head and knew that it was neither here nor there and that he could dwell on thoughts of the past later. “Are you excited dear one?” He asked warmly as they walked towards the river. It was often a good place to start looking when it came to finding Naveen. She was there quite a bit and he almost never had a hard time locating her.

Adira was simply elated and thinking about what they were going to do that she almost didn’t hear him ask the question. She looked up at him and thought for a moment and then smiled brightly. “Oh yes! Though, were are we going papa.” She asked looking around. She had known they had left the Tangambili for it wasn’t their pack lands. She didn’t know these lands. Was this were daddy worked? She was very eager and excited about this and bounded ahead and then ran back with mass amounts of energy.

He chuckled as he watched her dart to and fro and he put a paw around her to slow her down for a moment so she could listen. “We’re going to go visit someone very special to your daddy.” He said licking her cheek. “Your siblings will get to meet her eventually as well, but for now it is just you and I.” He said as they continued down the hill and came into view of the river.

Naveen had been at the river as usual. She was trying to find some fish to catch and perhaps put them in storage. She had found a couple of ways in which to season the fish to keep them from spoiling so it made it easier to have some meat on hand for hungry travelers, though it wasn’t for more than a day or so. She flicked her ears as she heard the sound of a familiar voice being carried in the wind, though the younger voice wasn’t one that was familiar to her. Though she could only guess who it was and a smile formed upon her mug and her tail wagged furiously as she turned around and looked up the hill. Sure enough there was Xanthus, and at his feet a yellow little pup whom she figured was one of his daughters.

“Oh really papa? She sounds exciting! I can’t wait to meet her.” She said bounding ahead and then getting sidetracked by a dragonfly. She pounced at it a couple of times, teeth clamping shut on air and then darted back to her father and looked down the hill as they came in sight of the river. She spotted a dark colored female and looked up at her father. “Daddy? Is that her?” She had no idea who they were looking for so she figured she’d ask.

He smiled and looked down at her. “Yes, Adira. That is her.”

Naveen approached the pair slowly with a smile upon her features and looked down at the little yellow female as she came barreling down the hill to look at her. She was a curious little thing and it warmed her heart. “She takes after her father I see.” Her voice was full of laughter and amusement as she was bombarded by sniffs and looks. “What is your name little one?” She looked down at the pup with a curious gaze.

Adira ran down the hill to get a look at this female that daddy wanted her to meet. Who was she? She didn’t smell like family and she was curious to know how she was important. She figured it would all come out in time. Adira then realized she had been asked something. She sat down and looked up at the female with a huge grin upon her face. “My name is Adira, what is your name?” She said in return.

“Indeed she does. You should see the rest!” He said at Naveens comment about her coloration. They were a good mixture of both parents, though the youngest son was quite dark.

“Adira, that is a beautiful name. My name is Naveen, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” She said warmly and then cleared her throat. She looked over at Xanthus and then back down at the little yellow and white pup. She wished Adolfo was here right now, he would be thrilled to meet the little ones. “We might not be blood related but I’m Adolfos Mother.” She said giving the little girl a small lick. “So that makes you my grandchild.”

“I like your name!” She said wagging her tail happily. She then cocked her head slightly, she wasn’t blood but she was related? She thought about it for a moment but the thought was lost on her and she was just happy to have another grandparent. “I have MORE Grandparents!” This day was just getting better and better.

WC:1035