Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] How Do I Even Horse? (Sammy & Zar) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:27 am
Sammy was standing there arms crossed frowning, the last time she had dealt with a horse it had been her ghoulfriend transformed form an old artifact reign. This time she was staring at a twisted horse of vines and roses, the beast looked like a mini version of the one from back in the human world, yet it wasn’t trying to kill her or anyone.

Actually it was just kind of standing there pacing back and forth just staring her down randomly whining and howling at her before slamming it’s hooves down a few more times. Each time it did Sammy would step back holding her hands up. “Whoa-whoa calm down now I uhh…. What do you even want?” Again the horse stomped around pacing before her.

All she wanted was to go get some eyescream when this thing showed up!

baneful

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:42 am

Zar had noticed quite a few more creatures around the castle grounds of late and he hadn't liked it one bit, as usual objecting to other people's pets more than his own (after all his spider simply lived peacefully in the attic no one cared about and the wyvern hunted the grounds, no trouble to anyone) but he did object to Calder and Barth getting more apex scale pets, because that meant attention he would not be receiving.

Rather than start an argument about it, he had headed out for a long walk to town to buy some furniture or something to make himself feel better, retail therapy being the answer to many of life's problems.

He caught sight of a figure struggling with one of the strange vine creatures he had seen on the estate earlier and out of curiosity he wandered closer, shifting into his humanoid shape as he got near enough to identify it as Sammy.

"I know that feeling." he said with a sarcastic grin and a gesture at the angry creature. "Calder tends to get the same way."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:58 am
Sammy wasn’t even aware how close she had strayed to their home, her wandering invoked by the horse that was stomping and blocking her path into the part of town she had planned to head. Every time she tried to move the horse would guide her another way blocking her path with its twisted form, yet it never hurt her in any way.

Eventually someone came along and purple flames flickered over perking in confusion as Zar joined her, “Yeah, but at least Calder can speak… if he wants to I guess.” She hissed at the horse who responded in turn by rearing up and slamming down again across from her walking over to inspect Zar nose hanging inches from the boils face as it inspected him.

“All this thing does is make a bunch of noise I don’t understand,” she paused, “Living with Calder you wouldn’t, like, know anything about horses? Non-Creeple horses that is?”

”Baneful”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:37 am

"You would be surprised how unclear it is when he does." Zar said with that same toothy grin. He did not flinch from the horse creature but stood fast, reaching out to touch its nose with a long taloned hand. "You have to be stern with them, don't let them boss you around, stern but reassuring. You become their herd leader in a way, if they have a herd. I imagine this thing would have one."

He had never seen anything like the strange thorn twisted creature before this morning, but he could only assume that it functioned on a similar basis to the other equids he had encountered, group mentality, herd focus, subservient if treated consistently and correctly. His natural ability as always kicked in and he tried to transmit at least some echo of his calmness to the fiesty pet.

"My family really likes horses." he said with a slightly grim expression, they certainly did and it was often on a level of treating them like lower beings, even when it was sentient and peopled creatures like horsemen or kelpies.

"I can hold its attention if you like while you climb on, once it trusts you not to harm it it might be more compliant."

Miliardo Kason

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:12 am
”You know, this fact doesn’t surprise me at all you know?” His toothy grin was met by a sly smirk, purple flames dancing playfully in her eyes. The creature turned to Zar getting someone more frustrated, stomping harder as he leaned in, when the claw touched his nose the beast froze, it’s gaze lingering on Zar for a moment as he spoke.

“Yeah, I’ll be the leader of a miniature version of a fifty foot tall monster of Creation,” the thought was a bit bad a**, yet equal parts terrifying. For Sammy there was no knowledge of horses, canines, felines, Scareons, she could handle those. A horse was bigger, stronger, sure a dog might bite, and a cat could claw. A horse kick would send her flying as she had learned in some… altercations, with Calder. Still the beast seemed to calm a bit under Zar’s gaze stomping less, though its tail of vines still lashed about.

“Can’t say what mine liked, I feel like someone on Siddie’s side might know, never asked after the Reign incident. Seemed like poor taste.” She started to move closer to the horse freezing when Zar suggested she climb on. There was a moment of hesitation as Sammy reached out tangling her hand in a mass of vines, the beast still not moving. She paused looking at Zar for some kind of confirmation.

She had never once ridden a beast that wasn’t a fellow student who could tell her if she was screwing up.

”Baneful”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:58 am

"It'll be fine" Zar said as reassuringly as he could manage. He had no idea if it would be fine or if the creature would go on an absolute rampage. Whatever happened, he was sure he could deny all knowledge of it later if he had to and take nothing to do with the results.

"It must have come to you for a reason, if it wanted to attack you it likely already would have." He did however clear his throat at the mention of the reign incident. "Just hop up and toss your leg over, I'll grab her..him...it. If it moves."

Miliardo Kason

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:24 pm
Sammy let out a huff of air, somewhere between a sigh and a whine, but she didn't stop she held her place beside the vines waiting to see if the beast would kick. Thankfully it did not.

The cough got a slight 'blush' out of Sammy, her cheeks showed nothing but her eyes puffing into startled flames said otherwise. "Yeah I guess, it seemed kinda of aggressive yet it never bothered to really attack."

Holding tight to the vines she gave Zar a nod before hoisting herself up, the horse finally letting out a huff of some sort shaking it's head, yet not pulling away from Zar either. The vines on its back shifting to make a more comfortable seat even.

"So.... this is good so far? Right?"

Baneful

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:05 am

Zar's tail curled behind him. "Sometimes simply posturing and not attacking is all you can really hope for, sometimes it is as close to friendliness as some creatures get." And he sympathised with the feeling, constantly dealing with people who did not understand what a significant gesture simply not attacking them or ignoring them was from him.

He nodded to Sammy, keeping his eyes on the creature, still ready in case it kicked out or decided in a flurry that it was not all right with being ridden.

"Seems ok" he said. "They don't seem too stressed, though reading the feelings of one of these creatures isn't as familiar as you know...our kind. The fact they let you sit says a lot."

He stepped back two steps, slowly from it. "Try asking it to move onwards a little, squeeze."

He cleared his throat. "With your thighs."

Miliardo Kason

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:31 am
"Usually when reading emotions, it's a minipet I've had for a while, or like you said, our kind. A wild horse let alone one that looks like the one that tried to kill me, hunters, and humans. Ehhh little more weary." Still she was sitting on the beasts back as Zar stood his own ground, nothing was happening other then the vine wrought stallion stomping at the dirt.

"Some creatures get friendlier over time too," there was a small smile, Zar was actually not that bad. Maybe getting out of school and shacking up with Barth and Calder was good for him. He seemed, nicer? At least a far greater amount then when they had first met.

When he asked her to move the horse forward she simply sat there shrugging palms up in the air till he mentioned the whole thigh thing.

"Oh. Right," grabbing onto a handful of vines that seemed to shift into a pair of reigns she gave the beast a squeeze, it stopped stomping in the dirt trotting forward lazily.

"Okay so this isn't so bad so far..."

And that was when the horse broke into a sprint leaping into the air and continuing to run upward to circle around back over Zar running on thin air.

"OKAY NOT OKAY ANYMORE! ZAAAAAAAR HOW DO YOU DRIVE A HORSE DOWN" As if to respond the horse let out a snort of delight.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:16 am

Zar didn't correct Sammy that he meant literally reading emotions, but instead agreed, it was one thing to deal with their own kind and the normal sort of minipets which were often domesticated by their very nature and the larger apex creatures which often showed open belligerence towards their riders.

"I don't know many creatures who get nicer." he said with an innocent aversion of his gaze. "Sometimes you just learn to tolerate them better and understand why they do what they do."

He gave Sammy a concerned look, finding himself wondering if either her thighs were too insubstantial or the creature followed some other rules than what he was used to dealing with. He was about to ask when the creature moved and clapped his hands. "Excellent that's really -"

And then everything went a little pear shaped. Normally to stop you pulled back on the reins. There were no reins. "Oh my. Erm. Er. Just try and STEER IT DOWN."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:51 am
In Sammy's defense she didn't know just how exact Zar meant Emotions, while she was taking a few demon study classes, the number of subcultures, offshoots, and talents was more then Sammy would ever likely know. Just the full extend of what Zar could do was beyond her much in the way people didn't always know just what she was capable of now a days.

"Sure they can look at TG, used to call me a damn bellghoul, bring my bags move my stuff out of the way. Now we have.... an understanding. Had to punk his a** into the reverse demon mark but after that he's starting tobe a bit.... less rude all the time?" Shrugs, "Tolerate or not, if you can do even that you're being better then you once where in a way."

Of course all this heart warming chatter was cut short by Sammy being kicked into the air, no congratulation was heard as Sammy was to busy trying to cling on to her mount as it circled through the air.

There was reins, if you counted the vines but every time she grabbed on they just tossed her about in another direction. "IT DOESN'T HAVE A DOWN!" She howled.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:59 am

"Try and seize its mane!" he yelled to Sammy in obvious concern. "Aim its head down!" He did however start to unfurl his wings, ready to fly and help if need be, his muscles coiled and ready to leap.

"Be FIRM with it, don't SHOW WEAKNESS TO IT. You have to be strong enough to be its leader! Show it you can protect it!"

Miliardo Kason

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:30 pm
"It's just more vines," she hissed more to herself then to Zar as he prepped to get airborn

Sammy grabbed a bit harder in the vines getting two hand fulls of vines before giving the horse a shove down. The beat snarled as she shoved and dropped diving right at Zar.

"ZAR DODGE DODGE GET OUT!" She pulled back hard the horse grunted again pulling back up shooting into the sky.

Baneful

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:28 am

"Vines are good enough!" Zar yelled helpfully, before yelping in surprise as he found himself charged by the large horse creature, leaping aside with his wings spread clear out of the way of the danger, hissing out or reflex rather than irritation.

"Be careful!" he said, getting back up and brushing himself off.

"But you seem like you've figured...something out."

Miliardo Kason

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:49 am
Zar was indeed correct the vines had some kind of control, they didn't form Reigns instead it was two long strands of vines one tangled in each hand tugging at them seemed to direct the horse which made complete sense, minus the whole flight controls.

"SORRY!" She shouted back down as she spiraled up into the air before tugging both her hands wide. Suddenly without warning the mount stopped leveling out in the air bobbing lazily where it stopped.

"I.... I think I found how to get it to stop?"

Baneful

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas