[PRP] Kind Knights (Cini & Kiva)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:06 pm
User Image

Cini had left his daughter in the healer pride, pleased that she had found somewhere comfortable to live and that she was safe. Kako was back at there den, but Cini was taking the long way home, enjoying the journey. He wasn't as big of a wanderer as his great-grand father was, but he did enjoy experiencing new sights. Though he was missing Kako very much now, and he did long to see his beautiful mate once again.

His pace was cheerful, but slightly rushed. The grassy planes around him, he stood out rather starkly due to his pale coat but he wasn't concerned about predators. His cheetah blood meant he could outrun anything that threatened him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:11 pm
User Image Another venture into the rogue lands was in order since the first one had failed. Kiva had been chased back to his pride by a storm before he really had any time to look for any encroaching groups of lions. So back out he went, once again looking for any suspicious characters.

He didn't see anyone suspicious, although he did see someone rather strange looking. Kiva had never seen a cheeton before and at first he didn't quite know what he was looking at. It was like a tiny lion that hadn't grown into his mane properly. Curious, but not wanting to be rude, he called out from a distance.

"Excuse me!"

Velveteen Angel
Okay I think Gaia has stopped crapping itself.

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:13 pm

Cini was startled by the stranger calling out to him, but a smile grew on his face, a welcoming expression, as he called back. "Hello stranger! I hope I'm not intruding on someone's land?" He asked, cautious.

Just because he wasn't worried about predators didn't mean he wasn't worried about the inevitable concern of running into pridal lands and getting chased out. He knew that not all people were welcoming of hybrids. They were, after all, freaks of nature. He was happy to be one though.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:23 pm
Kiva was relieved at the reaction of the strange creature. He didn't seem angry or violent at all, which was always a good sign. He padded forward and shook his head, letting him know he wasn't in any pride lands. That he knew of, at least.

"No, my home pride is quite a ways from here. About a day's journey to the west," he said, nodding off in the direction that he had come from. "Or, at least, if you're intruding then I am as well." He hesitated for a moment before blurting out the question that was on his mind.

"I'm really, really sorry but...what are you?" he asked, biting his lip afterwards. "Gods, that's incredibly rude, I'm really sorry."

Velveteen Angel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:29 pm

Cini was incredibly relieved that, one the male did not seem to be aggressive and two, he wasn't in someone's pride lands. He was safe, which was useful because he wasn't really in the mood to fight. He could, but he had a feeling the size difference between this male and himself would likely mean it would end badly for him.

"Well hopefully we aren't stepping on anyone's toes in that case," he said with a chuckle.

He was surprised at the question asking what he was, and he couldn't help but laugh outloud at the question. "Oh it's fine! I am assuming your pride is a lion-only one? I am a Cheeton - my mother is a lion and my father is a cheetah."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:23 pm
Kiva nodded very slightly at the assumption. His pride was huge, though, and occasionally a leopard or a cheetah or a hyena would wander in and out of the lands. He'd never seen a creature quite like the feline before him, though. When no offense was taken at his blunt question Kiva relaxed a bit more.

"Cheeton," he repeated, rolling the word around his mouth as he said it. "Huh...that's very interesting. I never would have thought a cheetah and a lion could...well." He flushed under his fur. "You know." Obviously they could.

"I'm sorry...it's still rude to ask you something like that without even giving you my name. I'm Kiva," he said with a slight bob of his head in greeting.

Velveteen Angel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:43 am

Cini grinned, his assumption confirmed. This male knew nothing of hybrids. That entertained him, but he understood why. "Indeed they can - my grandmother is a Leotah, a mix of a leopard and a cheetah. There are such things as leopons as well, which is the mix of a leopard and a lion." He figured he may as well enlighten the male - seeing as there was the opportunity for it.

"Oh please, you are not rude at all," he chuckled. "I am happy to talk about this. My family is quite large and extensive, so there are many of us hybrids running around sharing my bloodline. In fact, I just dropped my daughter off in her new home - she's an adolescent now and feels she's grown up enough to find a pride of her own." He was probably over sharing, but whatever, he liked to talk. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Kiva. I am Cini."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:55 am
"Wow...really?" Kiva asked, his eyes wide. The thought had never occurred to him before that other felines could produce with each other. His mind was officially blown. He wondered what else he was missing out on since he stayed within the pride so much. He should make patrols out here a more common thing, if only to learn more about what the savanna had to offer.

"Oh...that's great! I hope she does well," he said with a little nod. "I think I prefer adolescents to cubs...I feel like I'm going to trample them or something when they're that small." Cini was smaller than him and was built a lot slimmer as well, so he could only imagine how tiny his cubs had been.

Velveteen Angel
I think our next posts will wrap it up! Sorry for the slightly longer than I anticipated reply times...Gaia was a massive butt DX

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:40 pm

Cini nodded, smiling at his disbelief. To him, prides felt really restrictive, but he supposed that many were happier around their own type. He laughed at his comment about cubs, "I have to agree with you. I raised my daughter on my own until she was an adolescent. I lost her a few times, she was so small," he mused with a deal of shame but he smiled, shaking his head.

"Speaking of family, I really should keep going. My mate - also a cheeton - is waiting for me at home and I don't want to keep her waiting," he said. "I wish you well, Kiva!" He smiled.

"Farewell!" He said cheerfully and began to move away from the stranger. He had enjoyed this conversation, but his Kako was waiting, and that was what was most important at this very moment.

SilverLutz
No worries, I got distracted by food last night xD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:27 pm
Kiva smiled very slightly at the thought. Cubs were terrifying to him for that reason, but he had to admit they were very cute. He nodded as Cini said he had to go and he knew he'd have to continue his patrol.

"Thank you, and safe travels back to your mate," he said with a little nod of his head. His thoughts instantly turned to Sercy, wondering if she had spoken to her father at all. He had had a rather strange run-in with the king and he knew he wouldn't be too happy with him and his daughter being cozy...but...what was he to do? His heart had always ruled his head.

Turning his paws back in the direction of his patrol, he headed off once more. Time to wind down and head back home.

FIN  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas