Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Shouichi - Death Hunter accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xaki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:26 pm
    The Hunter

• Name: Shouichi Kunagiri
  • Nicknames: Sho
  • Date of Birth:
  • Category: Death
  • *Previous Journal

Hobbies:

• "---" -

• "---" -

• "---" -

Observed Traits:

• (+) Scientifically Inclined | relies on rational logic & reasoning, uses methodical thinking to reach conclusions
  • (+) Dedicated | a serious work ethic to finish any job; despises laziness, procrastination, incompetence
  • (+) Social | knows enough to be easily sociable and interact with others, acts like a gentlemen to most people
  • (+) Team Player | works well within a team or as a leader by understanding the necessity of the concept and taking everyone's individuality and skills into account
  • (+) Passion | anything that piques his interest will be thoroughly explored

• (-) Workaholic | becomes easily buried in his tasks
  • (-) Deceiving Appearance | a gentlemanly facade hides a devil underneath
  • (-) Vaguely Sadistic | enjoys teasing, mocking, and seeing others in pain
  • (-) Morally Ambiguous | science and results will often trump emotions and sentimental attachments

• Fighting Style - Physically, Shouichi is not very strong. He cannot rely on pure power/force to pull him through, so he tries to focus on versatility and adaptability. Because of his personality, he is not fixated on any exact method of winning and opens many possibilities that are not available to those who fight with chivalry and codes of honor. He also takes confidence in his lethality (precision in aiming for the vital spots) and stamina as his strongest points. He is capable of moving quickly, which is particularly useful for short range combat. His stamina allows performing many tasks with little rest, on any given schedule (due to his irregular schedules as a surgeon) and not lose his focus. In mission types, discretion and silence are his forte.

** Note. His mobility is quite good, but he is unable to do moves such as parkour style. While those comfortable with parkour (Re: Sin as a Hunter) may find it perfectly easy to jump off the side of a building to get to their intended targets, Shouichi would rather find more sane methods like scaling the wall or using the stairs.

Why did your human character choose to become a Hunter?

• DAY ZERO META - Remembering only the events before Day Zero, and being overrun by monsters- Shouichi doesn't seem to hold a grudge against the creatures beyond human comprehension. Those who died during those events.. were unfortunate to say the least, but it is a grave mistake to assume his feelings were up to a degree to transform into anger or desire for revenge against the entire supernatural race. In fact, you could say he's mildly thankful to the event that opened his eyes to the world beyond. But resuming with life with this current mindset left him without any particular grandiose ambition or dream. Even his survival is merely a by product of his choices, not an overarching purpose. He doesn't consider himself to have an especially dark past or even an enemy he has to take revenge against. But there's something about Halloween denizens and this lifestyle that even if he feels fear, he can't turn his eyes away. In fact, it's unbearable to not get close. So perhaps you could say curiosity is his reason? And if Deus is offering him a lifestyle to get close to these monsters while having power, than it doesn't seem like a bad trade-off.

The Weapon

• Name: Shinra
  • Nicknames:
  • Type of Weapon: Scythe with a built in rifle function in the handle portion

Nogitsune ("Dark" or "Void" Kitsune) - Drawing from the legend that Kitsune are associated with the 13 elements, this particular kitsune is associated with void or darkness. This kitsune feeds off the pain, tragedy, strife, chaos and darker emotions of human beings.

• General Personality Description:

Generally, as a race, Kitsune are determined to remain a free spirit, and hate the idea of being controlled or sapped of their autonomy. He is no different. Moreover, he seems particularly irritated that his owner is a man not given to emotions, as he enjoys the pain, anguish, and conflict they would suffer. However, he seems to be pleased by Shouichi's darker depths which could prove to be an even more satisfying struggle when conflicts do rise. He also likes the ambiguity in his morals, where concepts of good and bad don't exist when it comes to Shouichi's goals.

As a partner, he doesn't tend to be very helpful. Short of letting his owner die or letting him act too foolishly, he takes pleasure in letting Shouichi find his own way- and if Shouichi should be gravely injured doing so, then he'll relish his owner's pain. As a part of their contract, a truce if you truly have to give it a term, the doctor was forced to engrave himself with a tattoo from his left shoulder, creeping up his neck down to the upper part of his arm. The nogitsune is simply not content to let Shouichi hide his darkness as he pleases, marking both his interior and exterior in abysmal blackness. It is both a warning to other people as well as a claim on his own property.

• Weapon Ability

Double Take: The weapons briefly multiply to simultaneously fire multiple guns at will to inflict twice the damage. (Re: Think Mami Tomoe) The guns are not physically multiplied, as much as they are spiritual multiplied to be used for that specific attack. (Conceptually, when a kitsune chooses to show one, or all nine of their tails)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:06 pm
As far as approvals go, I don't think his weapon is going to be permit-able due to both the fact that such a weapon doesn't exist, (that I know of), and from a realistic or even basic weapons standpoint, I don't see how possible a slitable 'gunstaff' would be. I would recommend a sniper rifle, a long barrel gun as good alternatives, or flatly, two guns connected by chain.

while not approval pert-, I would suggest giving him a few mtraits or, making him semi-personable. As right now, he's reading as very sociopathic with little to no reason to even want to interact with others, which could become highly difficult to play! It quickly becomes one dimensional, and can often trap players both who write and who wish to interact. Try asking the journalistic questions, who, what, where, when, why and how and apply the traits to people and see what might make him break from that mold, what might make people /want/ to be his friend, genuinely? As right now, all he has is mostly a persona which doesn't lend very well to forming lasting bonds or give to much depth beyond the basic layer of covering his more undesirable traits. You can have and play sociopaths, but they often need an added layer of to make them really workable and fun characters to play with and around.

Xaki

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Xaki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:51 pm
iStoleYurVamps

Thanks Vamps! I'm gonna work on my character to see how I can work him according to your crit. I'll re-quote you to see how he is when it's done! <3 I'll definitely look forward to your crit!

However, I don't feel as if I see a problem with his weapon when compared to the other hunters? If collapsible gunblades that transform from a gun to a blade (that don't work realistically in RL either but is inspired by multiple video games) or a crossbow+sword variation have all been approved -- I'm afraid I'm going to need a further explanation of how my weapon isn't allowed..? It is at its base concept, like several guns connected by a chain. Just with a immobile form (when connected) as a staff.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:57 am
Xaki
iStoleYurVamps

Thanks Vamps! I'm gonna work on my character to see how I can work him according to your crit. I'll re-quote you to see how he is when it's done! <3 I'll definitely look forward to your crit!

However, I don't feel as if I see a problem with his weapon when compared to the other hunters? If collapsible gunblades that transform from a gun to a blade (that don't work realistically in RL either but is inspired by multiple video games) or a crossbow+sword variation have all been approved -- I'm afraid I'm going to need a further explanation of how my weapon isn't allowed..? It is at its base concept, like several guns connected by a chain. Just with a immobile form (when connected) as a staff.

Re weapons: A lot of weapons have real life, or at least, workable counterparts. Gunblades for example, are real, just not to the aspect or design of squall's gunblade. A good number of hunters in the far past did get 'impossible' weapons or cosplay weapons, but many were before we had the no cosplay rule and almost no weapon rules/regulations. Since then, weapon rules have been updated and clarified, so all new hunter weapons would be 'cohesive' and no longer bleeding too far into the realm of impossibility and fantasy.
At base concept, if it's two guns connected by a chain, that's quite feasible, as a chain connecting two guns doesn't break what is both possible, workable, and realistic. However, the ability to interlock them for form a fighting, or even just a capable staff is not- guns are not made to be used in such a manner or, with the intent to be used in close combat and take the impact and force a staff would be. Not to mention the safety and structural integrity of a weapon(s) would be highly compromised. The most recent weapon I can think of that broke past the rule and was allowed came with a lot and back and forth to make it allowable and workable, yet even then as far as I know, the weapon itself had a good deal of limitations.

So while yes, in the past these weapons might have gotten approved, they were at a time when the rules did not exist or, came with distinct caveats. Right now, as stand this isn't a weapon I can see as workable since there are too many basic and inherent design flaws, and it lacks any real life counterpart as far as I am aware. Again, there are a fair deal of other options available- ultimately, what kind of weapon is what you would like? One that is ranged, close combat? One that reflects the species of the weapon? We have a fair number of hardcore weapon enthusiasts on staff who I am sure would be able to find something to fit what you like!  

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Xaki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:07 pm
iStoleYurVamps

revised personality and changed to a different weapon that i think is feasible within TIH deus : )  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:32 pm
Hi! Quick question for clarity and to make sure I'm on the same page:

Xaki

Type of Weapon: Scythe with a built in rifle function in the handle portion

So Shinra/the weapon would be a large scythe, however Shouichi can hold the scythe so that the end of the scythe (the non-bladed end) can point towards someone and he can fire it like a gun?

imo this can work so long as the scythe doesn't transform or parts like~ don't fold/twist/etc. While I'm personally not a fan of blade/gun combos (I'm old school and prefer one or the other haha), it might be more beneficial to have the gun portion in the handle but it fires out the top of the bladed section. That way Shouichi could combo a slash into a quick bang! before following it up with another slash without having to turn the blade away from his enemy. But that's just my inner dork talking. xd  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Xaki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:46 am
Yes! *_* I didn't specify which end but I was thinking exactly along those lines (where the bladed end has the firing mechanism)~ WE CAN BE DORKS TOGETHER biggrin

I was thinking of a design that would allow him to fire (not only from close combat) but from a farther distance as well (similar to rifle users)~ But I'm not sure if that would incorporate transforming or folding twisting parts. Is there a way to make that workable in TIH to get it approved? :>

Marushii
Hi! Quick question for clarity and to make sure I'm on the same page:

Xaki

Type of Weapon: Scythe with a built in rifle function in the handle portion

So Shinra/the weapon would be a large scythe, however Shouichi can hold the scythe so that the end of the scythe (the non-bladed end) can point towards someone and he can fire it like a gun?

imo this can work so long as the scythe doesn't transform or parts like~ don't fold/twist/etc. While I'm personally not a fan of blade/gun combos (I'm old school and prefer one or the other haha), it might be more beneficial to have the gun portion in the handle but it fires out the top of the bladed section. That way Shouichi could combo a slash into a quick bang! before following it up with another slash without having to turn the blade away from his enemy. But that's just my inner dork talking. xd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:53 pm
Xaki
Yes! *_* I didn't specify which end but I was thinking exactly along those lines (where the bladed end has the firing mechanism)~ WE CAN BE DORKS TOGETHER biggrin

I was thinking of a design that would allow him to fire (not only from close combat) but from a farther distance as well (similar to rifle users)~ But I'm not sure if that would incorporate transforming or folding twisting parts. Is there a way to make that workable in TIH to get it approved? :>

Hmm... Personally, if you wanted to also do long-range then I'd put the firing mechanism at the bottom of the scythe, away from the blade. That way the hild could double as a long gun barrel, though I'd imagine the design then have runes on both blade and pole/barrel as a result.

imo merging the gun part into the blade turns it into a close-range weapon. Firing at long distances seems too unbelievable to me, as I'm imagining a shotgun-like effect vs. sniper/long distance.

Since it's your quest it's entirely up to you: the only caveat is that the weapon may not twist/transform/change between being a scythe and gun, ie your hunter can't flick a switch or activate a mechanism to turn it from a scythe into a gun.  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:28 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Icly, your character will be given access to a pamphlet and invitation to an orientation. Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games