Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
Free Monthly Activity Raffle Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 118 119 120 121 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

May the force be with you
  Yes
View Results

The Sir Salem

Determined Human

14,725 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:53 am
Boop this is a post. o3o  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:14 pm
Miranda Shwartz
Boop this is a post. o3o

Ha ha ha, is that your version of bump?  

william-tyler

The Sir Salem

Determined Human

14,725 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:07 am
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz
Boop this is a post. o3o

Lol, pretty much. We're supposed to post here every month but I don't know what to say so I just kinda decided to be silly with it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:18 am
Miranda Shwartz
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz
Boop this is a post. o3o

Lol, pretty much. We're supposed to post here every month but I don't know what to say so I just kinda decided to be silly with it.

That's cool. Being silly is okay. If we aren't silly every once in a while, we cannot say that we've lived yet. The sillier you are, and within reason, then the more you have lived for being silly is how we stay young.  

william-tyler

The Sir Salem

Determined Human

14,725 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:19 am
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz
Boop this is a post. o3o

That's cool. Being silly is okay. If we aren't silly every once in a while, we cannot say that we've lived yet. The sillier you are, and within reason, then the more you have lived for being silly is how we stay young.

Yup! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:19 am
Miranda Shwartz
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz
Boop this is a post. o3o

Yup! 3nodding

So, have you ever played the world of warcraft?  

william-tyler

The Sir Salem

Determined Human

14,725 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:39 am
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz
Boop this is a post. o3o

Yup! 3nodding

Nope. I've seen someone else play it once but I wasn't very interested lol.
Isn't there a movie about it coming out?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:43 pm
Miranda Shwartz
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz

Yup! 3nodding

Yes, there is a movie coming out soon. It would rival Marvel Movies according to the previews I saw.

Well, to someone new to the game it can be a bit much, but let me give you a bit on how that game works.

when you start your first toon, there are some things you gotta consider.

1. What style of fighting do I do?

If you are ranged, you want to go with hunter as your best bet.
If you like healing others, then pick either a paladin or a priest
If you like melee combat and you are a beginner, then pick a warrior, paladin or a death knight.
If you like melee, but want a real challenge, choose any of the other classes available.

2. What medieval character do I like the best?

Elves(Night or blood)
Gnomes
Dwarves
Goat creatures called Draenei
Pandas
Wolves (worgen)
Bulls/cows (tauren)
Trolls
Orcs
Goblins (cool beginning story)
The Undead (if you want to be spooky)
Humans (I have no imagination)

I think I covered all the races you can be.

3. Do I want to do professions right away or later on?

The bonus with doing professions early is you can make your own gear and won't have to rely on quest rewards, which the gear isn't always the best if you go with the quest rewards. The only time gear is worthy as a drop or as a reward is when you are max level.

Another bonus is if you choose mining or herbalism as your initial professions or both, you will get bonus experience, which helps you level faster. Choosing both will gain you more money because you will be collecting what is called mats and this is where you can really get ahead in the game.

The downside to doing professions right away is you have a tighter budget in the game.

4. Do I want to be rich early or later?

Being rich early can save you a lot of time at certain intervals in the game. Like when it comes to buying riding lessons (at level 68 and level 80, you are looking at 8000 gold total just for the lessons!) and some mounts are expensive too. Then when it comes to purchasing followers for your garrison when you do get to level 100, they are 5000 gold each! So, you are looking at some heavy costs right there.

The thing is, you get money for each quest you do, for each humanoid monster you kill, and for each junk loot that you don't want that you sell.

So, by getting money from quests and the junk can get you rich in a hurry too.

But, if you want to be broke for most of the game then choose a profession that is known as production types.

5. What production professions are out there?

Well, there are the gear making types:

Leatherworking
Blacksmithing
Engineering
Jewelcrafting

This allows you to make your own gear, depending on what your class can wear. See, if you chose a cloth wearing type of class, then none of these are going to be of any use to you. Leather workers are for rogues and hunters.
Blacksmithing is for death knights, warriors, and paladins.
Engineering is for hunters since you can make guns and bows, so helps with weapons.
Jewelcrafting should be a secondary since you can make rings, and neck items, which everybody uses, so it can be the most profitable when selling the gear you don't need on market.

Then you have the others:

Inscription - to make glyphs, which will help your class do better later on. The downside is its pricey.

Alchemy - make potions and elixirs including one that can turn you into a dragon!

Enchanting - improves your gear with dusts and you can make wands.

These professions I listed are classed as primary professions and you can only learn 2 per toon you make.

Should I go on?  

william-tyler

The Sir Salem

Determined Human

14,725 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:20 am
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz

Yup! 3nodding

Yes, there is a movie coming out soon. It would rival Marvel Movies according to the previews I saw.

Well, to someone new to the game it can be a bit much, but let me give you a bit on how that game works.

If you like melee combat and you are a beginner, then pick a warrior, paladin or a death knight.
If you like melee, but want a real challenge, choose any of the other classes available.

Elves(Night or blood)
Gnomes
Dwarves
Pandas
Wolves (worgen)
Bulls/cows (tauren)
Trolls
Orcs

The bonus with doing professions early is you can make your own gear and won't have to rely on quest rewards, which the gear isn't always the best if you go with the quest rewards. The only time gear is worthy as a drop or as a reward is when you are max level.

Another bonus is if you choose mining or herbalism as your initial professions or both, you will get bonus experience, which helps you level faster. Choosing both will gain you more money because you will be collecting what is called mats and this is where you can really get ahead in the game.

The downside to doing professions right away is you have a tighter budget in the game.

Being rich early can save you a lot of time at certain intervals in the game. Like when it comes to buying riding lessons (at level 68 and level 80, you are looking at 8000 gold total just for the lessons!) and some mounts are expensive too. Then when it comes to purchasing followers for your garrison when you do get to level 100, they are 5000 gold each! So, you are looking at some heavy costs right there.

The thing is, you get money for each quest you do, for each humanoid monster you kill, and for each junk loot that you don't want that you sell.

But, if you want to be broke for most of the game then choose a profession that is known as production types.

Leatherworking
Blacksmithing
Engineering
Jewelcrafting

This allows you to make your own gear, depending on what your class can wear. See, if you chose a cloth wearing type of class, then none of these are going to be of any use to you. Leather workers are for rogues and hunters.
Engineering is for hunters since you can make guns and bows, so helps with weapons.
Jewelcrafting should be a secondary since you can make rings, and neck items, which everybody uses, so it can be the most profitable when selling the gear you don't need on market.

Inscription - to make glyphs, which will help your class do better later on. The downside is its pricey.

Alchemy - make potions and elixirs including one that can turn you into a dragon!

These professions I listed are classed as primary professions and you can only learn 2 per toon you make.

Should I go on?

Uhh, damn. That's a lot of info. sweatdrop
I can't play the game now (or probably any time soon) since I don't have my own computer at the moment and the one I'm using is pretty busted but it sounds kinda fun.
It looks like you really love the game. Are you a gamer in general or do you like only specific games?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:31 am
Miranda Shwartz
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz

Yup! 3nodding

Elves(Night or blood)
Gnomes
Dwarves
Pandas
Wolves (worgen)
Bulls/cows (tauren)
Trolls
Orcs

Leatherworking
Blacksmithing
Engineering
Jewelcrafting

Should I go on?

Uhh, damn. That's a lot of info. sweatdrop
I can't play the game now (or probably any time soon) since I don't have my own computer at the moment and the one I'm using is pretty busted but it sounds kinda fun.
It looks like you really love the game. Are you a gamer in general or do you like only specific games?

Specific games, well...most games. I don't generally like gun-games based on war, but because warcraft is medieval based, its different than the army type gun games.

If I was to play a gun game with an army, I'd sign up for one on earth, a real army. Much better resolution and there is no reset if I died. That's the danger of the earth gun army games. It keeps war alive.  

william-tyler

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:06 pm
I Marshy Fluff I
yum_puddi yum_tea flan and tea while we wait anyone?

Yum! I like the way you think! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:07 pm
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz

Got you both! Thanks for helping keep our little village alive!  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

william-tyler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:22 am
JoyRose
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz

No problem. We are just happy to help.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:56 pm
william-tyler
JoyRose
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz

No problem. We are just happy to help.
emotion_hug  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

The Sir Salem

Determined Human

14,725 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Generous 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:26 pm
JoyRose
william-tyler
Miranda Shwartz

No problem!~
I hope it's all right that we're posting here. sweatdrop Should we move to a new thread so we don't clutter the raffle thread?  
Village Commons

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 118 119 120 121 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games