Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home
[Task] Trick or Treat: Treat (Na'ima)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:32 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

TRICK OR TREAT: TREAT

gaia_crown [ LOCATION ]
  • The Human World

gaia_crown [ SETTING ]
  • Halloween Night, anywhere that might celebrate it.

gaia_crown [ MISSION ]
  • Journey to the Human World, and take advantage of the local custom of Trick-or-Treating. This mission in specific is to focus on gathering candies from various Human homes. Once complete, these candies will be returned to the clans for processing and further research. Be sure to adhere to their rules for this particular custom.
    xxxx Side-bonus to this mission: The more candy we as Horsemen get directly impacts how much candy is left for the Humans to enjoy. Our goal is to claim as much of it for ourselves as possible.

gaia_crown [ MECHANICS]

PART ONE
Since it's important to adapt to human traditions for the purposes of infiltration, your first stop is to get a costume! How great your costume is will affect your rolls in part three. You may choose what they end up wearing though! It could be anything, from a sexy crayon to a Gundam. Literally anything PG-13!
  • OPTIONAL: You may bypass this part IF AND ONLY IF you have completed Professor Selene's Costuming Class! If you complete and pass her open class, your Horseman automatically has The Best costume, and they get a +2 on their rolls in part three! If you take the class and fail, or if you do not complete the class at all, continue below as normal.
  • Roll a 1d6 and match your results below:
    • 1-2: Your costume is awful. Not inspired at all. You probably won't get very good candy from this. (-2 to all rolls in part three)
    • 3-5: Your costume is pretty cool. It's not super special one way or another. It'll do the job. (no modifier for part three)
    • 6: Your costume is the best. The best. It's so good, you feel like you can get better candy because of it! (+2 to all rolls in part three)
  • Once you have your costume, you may go ahead to part two!

PART TWO
You have your costume, and now it's time to pick where you'd like to go trick-or-treating! These rolls determine how many times you can roll for candy in part three. Do NOT use the costume modifier from part one here!
  • Roll a 1d10 and match your results below. In brackets are how many available houses are in that particular neighbourhood.
    • 1-2: Wildcard! You can choose what neighbourhood your Horseman ends up from the list below.
    • 3-4: Somehow, you end up trick-or-treating in a small strip mall. (5)
    • 5-6: Sadly, this area seems to be predominantly industrial. The houses here are pretty scarce. (3)
    • 7-8: This is a decent neighbourhood! It looks like a subdivision. ( 8 )
    • 9-10: This is a very busy neighbourhood! Lots of houses with children, apparently: you see so many opportunities (10)
  • Example: I roll a 1d10, and get a 4. This means my Horseman is trick-or-treating in a strip mall, and that there are five stores in that mall that are offering treats. This means, when I go to part three, I'll be rolling 5 times - one for each store.
  • Example 2: I roll a 1d10, and get a 10. This means there are 10 houses in this neighbourhood that are offering candy. This means I will have to roll 10 times in part three, one for each house.
  • Once you have your neighbourhood, you may go ahead to part three!

PART THREE
Now, the fun part! You get to go door to door and try to get some candy! How many houses you visit was determined in part two, and this is now where you use your costume modifier from part one! One roll per post.
  • Roll a 1d12 and match your results below:
    • 1-2: This person clearly hates Halloween-the-holiday, and instead gives you something that is definitely not candy. (it can be anything - a 5% discount card, a toothbrush, anything! Keep it PG-13.) (no candy)
    • 3-4: The person handing out candy isn't really into it. They give you a single piece and send you on your way. (+1 candy)
    • 5-6: The person hanging out candy thinks you're pretty alright. (+2 candy)
    • 7-8: They won't stop talking. It's terrible. You try to be polite about it, and thankfully they notice! (+3 candy)
    • 9-10: This person fusses over you. They ask you so many questions about your costume, and how it was made, and where you got it, and gosh, how interesting! (+4 candy)
    • 11-12: The person handing out candy is just so happy to have guests that they give you 5 pieces! (+5 candy)
  • If you roll a 1-2, but you have a -2 modifier, ignore the modifier. You can't get less than 1 as a result.
  • If you roll a 10-12, but you have a +2 modifier, ignore the modifier. You can't get more than 12 as a result.

PART FOUR
It's about time to head home. You take your spoils back with you, and drop all of your candy off with the Famine Alchemists.
  • Just make a small post dropping off your candy for study. What your character does with their costume is entirely up to them!

gaia_crown [ BONUS MECHANICS ]
  • If doing this in a group:
    • Every group member must do parts one and three, but only ONE person needs to roll for part two!

gaia_crown [ REWARDS ]
  • +1 for completing this mission!
  • +1 raffle ticket! Go HERE to claim!

Eight rolled ` 6-sided dice: Total: 0 (`-0)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:52 am
((HOW DID I MESS UP THAT DIE))  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Eight rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:53 am
3-5: Your costume is pretty cool. It's not super special one way or another. It'll do the job.

She wished she could simply wear what she always wore, it wasn't as if it would make any difference. Everyone would think she was..well...something, especially because humans did not have bone arms. Na'ima had looked on her options with some level of disdain, noting there were quite a few she was rather certain a certain stallion would be over the moon to see her in but she was not going to do it. No. She needed something tasteful. Should she cover her arms? It was Halloween, no one would likely notice or believe their eyes if they did notice.

In the end she did find something. It wasn't perfect, none of her options were, but it would do. It was almost comfortable. Almost, but not really.

The wings were strange.

It would do.

((Isis))  
Eight rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:09 am
9-10: This is a very busy neighbourhood! Lots of houses with children, apparently: you see so many opportunities (10)

Na'ima was very good at going unnoticed. Years and years and years of practice. She weaved easily through the crowd of children and their parents going by her. This would do. Though now she was kind of wishing she had a child to use as bait, or to entice others to give her more of their precious candy.

She approached the first house..  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Eight rolled 1 12-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-12)

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:19 pm
((Roll 1
3-4: The person handing out candy isn't really into it. They give you a single piece and send you on your way. (+1 candy)))

Now, Na'ima knew how to trick or treat, of course she did. How could she not. But was it truly acceptable for adults? A least no one questioned her figure or her arms. They likely didn't notice, and the few who did passed it off as a trick of the light and simply a part of her costume. It was fine, she'd take whatever excuse they wanted to give.

She approached the first house, following alongside a group of young adults and children. They all shouted trick or treat..but honestly the person at the door, a teenager wearing most of a costume, sighed and kind of just tossed candy into each bag and bucket offered to him. He seemed annoyed for whatever reason. He didn't speak to anyone, merely offered noncommittal grunts and huffs in response to anything said to him, and then closed the door after the last person turned away.

Well, that was a good warmup.

Candy count: 1  
Eight rolled 1 12-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-12)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:56 pm
((Roll 2
5-6: The person hanging out candy thinks you're pretty alright. (+2 candy)))

Ugh. Was she going to be able to make it through all of these houses? Na'ima was already looking down the street line with displeasure. These children were so loud, even louder if they were digging early into their bags of candy instead of waiting until they got home.

Sigh.

She approached the next house, managing to force a smile for the young woman. The young woman nodded in what looked like possible approval before tossing some candy into her bag and sending her on her way. Well, okay.

Candy Count: 3  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Eight rolled 1 12-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-12)

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:29 am
((Roll 3
7-8: They won't stop talking. It's terrible. You try to be polite about it, and thankfully they notice! (+3 candy)))

"Trick or treat!" Chanted the excited children in front of Na'ima, who also held her bag out ready for treats. It was an older gentleman with gave a booming laugh of joy as he began to hand out everyone's candy.

"Look at you guys! All scary and cool looking. I remember when I used to go trick or treating myself. Oh, it was great fun. My friends and I would even--"

The corner of Na'ima's eye twitched. She drew back her bag after being given her candy. "Pardon me, but the children need to leave. They have a curfew to beat," she said coolly, hoping he would take the hint. The man blinked, looking her way and then to the children. "Thank you for the candy, sir. We will be going now. Come, children." She gestured vaguely, knowing the children would leave anyway even if not for her telling them to do so. The man nodded, looking surprised as the strange woman walked away with all of the children.

Candy Count: 6  
Eight rolled 1 12-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-12)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:27 am
((Roll 4
9-10: This person fusses over you. They ask you so many questions about your costume, and how it was made, and where you got it, and gosh, how interesting! (+4 candy)))

The children had come and gone from this house but Na'ima was still there. Being attacked. With questions. How was she supposed to answer them? She didn't know. They just--what. No. Stop. Could she kill them? Would it draw too much attention?

Instead of causing a scene Na'ima just slowly backed away from the nosy woman.

Candy Count: 10  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Eight rolled 1 12-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-12)

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:58 am
((Roll 5
3-4: The person handing out candy isn't really into it. They give you a single piece and send you on your way. (+1 candy)))

This woman didn't seem very enthused when the group approached her door and knocked on it. A few children had even left by the time she arrived at the door she took so long to answer them. She wasn't entirely unpleasant but it was clear that what she was doing was forced.

Oh well, at least she got a candy out of it.

Candy Count: 11  
Eight rolled 1 12-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-12)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:59 am
((Roll 6
7-8: They won't stop talking. It's terrible. You try to be polite about it, and thankfully they notice! (+3 candy)))

"My son is out there somewhere. I'm sure he'll be back soon. He would love your costume, he loves Egypt stuff. How did you make your arms look like bones? Was it makeup? I bet it's makeup. Or are they prosthetic? Oh, god, I'm so sorry! Did I offend you? I hope I didn't just offend you. I was just thinking out loud I get in trouble for that a lot. But I just can't help it, you know? It's not fair. Why should I censor myself for someone else? I should be allowed to speak my mind. It's twenty-fifteen after all. I--"

Na'ima held up a hand. "Ma'am. My son has grown impatient and left without me. I need to go find him before his father fills him with too much candy and I am unable to get him to sleep tonight."

The woman gasped. "Oh, yes! I understand completely. This one time my husband--"

"Happy Halloween, ma'am."

Na'ima hurried away.

Candy Count: 14  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Eight rolled 1 12-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-12)

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:02 am
((Roll 7
9-10: This person fusses over you. They ask you so many questions about your costume, and how it was made, and where you got it, and gosh, how interesting! (+4 candy)))

Another one?! What was with this neighborhood?! Na'ima sighed and stood there while the man admired her and her costume, dropping several pieces of candy in her bag. One. Three. Oh, nice. Four. That would do. But as she backed away to leave he kept following her. Eventually she had to find a way to trip him up before hurrying away.

Stupid humans. Even male humans were stupid.

Candy Count: 18  
Eight rolled 1 12-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-12)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:02 am
((Roll 8

This was getting irritating. Na'ima wasn't sure how much more of this she could take. She breathed in deeply as yet another human, this time another ghoul, tried to ask too many questions about her costume. Honestly if they could see how she usually dressed it would be far more impressive than this cheap thing.

Candy Count: 22  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Eight rolled 1 12-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-12)

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:03 am
((Roll 9
5-6: The person hanging out candy thinks you're pretty alright. (+2 candy) ))

"Two for the witch, two for the turtle, three for Glenn, and--" He stopped, looking Na'ima up and down. He shrugged. "Two for the bird. Nice bone effect. It's cool."

...Bird.

Candy Count: 24  
Eight rolled 1 12-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-12)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:04 am
((Roll 10
5-6: The person hanging out candy thinks you're pretty alright. (+2 candy)))

And there it was. Two pieces of candy to end the night. She couldn't stand it anymore. The crying, the screaming, the laughter that pierced her ears and threatened to cause deafness. Her bag was pretty heavy. She'd just leave with what she had so far. She was done. So done.

Candy Count: 26  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Eight

Fanatical Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:33 pm
Na'ima sat quietly in her den. Her den. Her pillows. Her clothing. There was a small fire going, and sitting in that fire was her ridiculous costume from her venture into the human world to take the candy that brought their children so much joy. She could certainly do something with this. Make something. Learn something.

She smiled. Maybe she'd even safe some for Falair to enjoy.  
{ The Lost Clans } -------------- Lost Clans Reserve/ Lost Clans Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games