Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[Q] Valeryk Respin [Fungus Monster] - Ready!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:58 pm
Aaaaahhh, I've basically no idea what I'm doing. =w=

AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Valeryk Jenora Respin (Vahl-err-ick Jen-oar-uh Rez-pen)

Nicknames: Val, Jen, Hey you

Gender: Hermaphrodite - specimens of Val’s species physically shift between male and female due to environmental stimuli (temperature, amount of light, presence of pheromones, stress levels, capability to efficiently and effectively produce offspring), as is the case with some plants. The change comes along more quickly in monster form, due to a striking lack of more differentiated organs. However, with the pin keeping him in a human-like state most of the time, with what I assume are humanish-functioning organs, Val tends to sit in the in-between for several days each time he goes through the change. It is not instantaneous, and it is not often. As a general rule of thumb, spring and summer are female seasons, while fall and winter are male seasons. Due to the frequently changing hormones associated with teengers, I doubt he’ll stick to this rule. As for gender identity: he doesn’t care what you call him (he, she, it- though he is against ‘they,’ considering he is still one person). He isn’t of a mind to correct people each time his gender changes, so use whichever pronoun you will. Throughout the quest, I change pronouns readily. However, when writing, I’ll use the pronoun that is his correct sex at the time. If he’s mid-change, it’ll be the pronoun of his most recent sex. Example: if changing from male to female, I’ll still use ‘he’ as his pronoun.

Age: While in her thirties, she has the mindset and general appearance of a fifteen-year-old.

Faction: Monster

Race: Bioluminescent Achaceacota (glowing spider fungus cluster)

Natural Ability: Achaceacota can secrete a sticky, ooze-like type of webbing from the ends of their extremities. While in monster form it seeps from between the lining of their filaments. However, in human form and at her age it is limited to secretions from her fingertips and mouth. Predominantly used to capture and sedate small prey animals, Val has a bad habit of losing control of it when she’s hungry or excited. Too much of it smells very unpleasant.

Personality: First, some Achaceacota details. Spider fungus tends to live the vast majority of their lives in one place. They are not sedentary, so are capable of movement, which is a good thing, because they are violently territorial. They form family clans that take on the protection and responsibility of small forested areas and become rather upset if any other species tries to move in.

That being said, Val herself has never had much interaction (outside the hazing and harassment of poor souls that wander too close to her home) with anyone outside of her clan. She is cautious of her classmates (not for fear of them, mind you), but openly inquisitive and doesn’t give much thought to personal space. She pokes, she probes, she asks questions and doesn’t show a great preference or distaste of other races, factions, or species.

Despite this, she dislikes talking about herself. She feels at a disadvantage dealing with peppier, more bubbly and more interesting/beautiful students. Since Val is extraordinarily uncomfortable with her ‘human’ form, she disengages most attempts to get emotionally close to her and becomes hyper flustered, abashed, humiliated, and embarrassed when someone manages it. The spike in emotions does nothing to help her physically, and she tends to make situations worse for herself.

She tires easily and is often in need of a retreat away from others.

Despite her reservations regarding herself, an angry or hurt Val is a vindictive Val. She lashes out with the same violence of her species if she feels threatened and is not in the habit of being forgiving. She will go out of her way to make herself feel better; stealing classmates things, putting gum in hair, leaving partially decayed prey remainders in people’s beds. Valeryk doesn’t like to be upset. Scream a little. Cheer her up, hm?

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?
Val has very poor control over her natural abilities, unknowingly abusing them to the point of exhausting herself. Hopefully she can fix this?

FEAR Ability: I’m a little foggy on FEAR still, so I’m sorry that this isn’t too descriptive.
Tainted Fang- Valeryk spits up toxic spores that have a chance to afflict the target with poison.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Luminous violet. I’d love it if they were these big, round, glossy spider eyes.
Hair Colour/Style: Val has chin-length umber-ish (dark red brown) hair that ends in neat little waves near her shoulders. It’s threaded through with the same bright violet as her eyes.
Skin Colour: Dark purple (think eggplant), with mottled, fungus-like patchings of the same color as her hair and shining violet filaments.
Clothing Style/Colours: I actually don’t have a preference for this.
Extra: This too I’d like to leave up to the artist. (S)he is supposed to be androgynous.
References: I do no references, but here are some scary specimens Val may take after [1], [2], [3].

LOG:
The Stands - WC: 1332
Selene's Snake Charming - WC: 296  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Fluffesu

Hello! Welcome to the shop!

I don't have much to say in regards to this quest, I think it looks pretty great from my point of view. Sufficiently creepy (except that middle reference link doesn't work!) and certainly interesting! Spider Fungus gives me the creeps and I love it. Your FEAR is pretty understandable as is, it sums it up nicely without needing to go into too fine a detail. The NAT ability too, and poor whatever minipet ends up crossing his path.

He sounds very interesting to interact with as well, and I hope to see him in play soon <3  

Enoh Love
Crew

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:09 pm
Enoh Love
<3

Yay, thanks for your feedback! I hope to get him to the point where he can piddle about in the booths and such during the event, but I'm not entirely sure if he'll be able to...? XD Ah, well. I'll wait and see~ <3  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:36 am
Fluffesu

I also wanted to say this is definitely creepy and cool!

Though you've already approached the topic in your profile I thought I'd just mention being very clear in the RP what gender the character is preferring at the time, and pronouns etc, if they are an issue. It may just be important to be clear and consistent (to season or whatever affects them) so as others aren't confused when RPing with you!

Also be careful not to abuse aggression or natural abilities if other players aren't cool with it. It goes without saying really, but having poor control of natural abilities could affect the characters around her/him so just make sure you aren't stickying up people without their ok XD!

How does their 30 years of territorial life translate to living in a very crowded place full of strangers? Will they view their dorm as their territory, or only their true home? I was just a bit confused that you mentioned being territorial while then saying that the curious student would ignore personal space issues with others. Where does the territorial aspect of their personality come into play in the public space?

Glad to see you are playing them in the event! I always find real RP things helpful for tweaking personalities and ironing things out.  

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:57 am
iloveyouDIE

Oh, thank you for taking the time to crit! Definitely looking for all the feedback on this... Val. =w=

It will be consistent throughout each individual RP, but Val isn't really a stickler for specific pronouns either way, so I don't see that being much of an issue. XD And since the change is supposed to be rather infrequent, I don't think it'll be too troublesome for most people who aren't consistently RPing with him already, anyway.

As for his natural ability, I wouldn't do anything that was grossly against someone's wishes, buuuuuut if he's close enough to sticky all over you, then we're in for a great bit of emotion turmoil that I'm sure we could all find humorous. First kiss turns into the biggest, most horrifyingly humiliating mess huehuehueeeee. But yeah, I like to talk to the people I RP with, so hopefully we'll have a pretty good idea how most everything will play out before it actually happens and we're all sitting alarmed and confused and horrified at our computers while Val is sticky-web connected to all his friends.

Okay! As to his personality, at the immediate onset of his introduction to an entirely new and unfamiliar and large group of people, he actually starts with a very strong feeling of trepidation. He doesn't want to touch anyone, doesn't want to be around anyone, and is more wary of how they'll respond to him than anything else. The school is not his territory. It's not his home. He's new and knows literally nothing about it, and if anyone deserves to be barked at, spat on, or attacked, it's him.

However, any chronic length of time for these feelings would just be counterproductive and way more stressful than he could handle (I did include a little snipet of that in the first post I made with him, poor terrified little bby =w= ), so I decided to omit how he'd feel initially in favor of including how he'd act once he'd warmed up to the the new terrain. He doesn't have anything to be territorial of here (except maybe his personal belongings, but I feel like he probably doesn't enter with a great many of those to start with), so he's much more open to the idea of engaging people curiously and honestly.  
{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games