Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Segoe the Revenant Ghost - accepted

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LiquidMangos

Feral Leaf

18,650 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:32 pm
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

User ImageName: Segoe
Nicknames: N/A

Faction: Ghost
Race: Revenant

Natural Ability:

Energy Absorb:
Segoe isn't one to stand by and watch the 'bad guys' win. Since he's not exactly the best in the strength department, he shifts his mask to reveal his mouth and promptly sucks-up the negative energy, providing him with what he 'eats' and defusing the situation... Hopefully. If/when successful, it becomes a more win win situation.

Personality:
Lemme try!/Impulsive: Seg will never hesitate to act when there is a chance for him to do something. To pause only makes it easier for something to go wrong. So why not act when you can?

What you got there?/Curious: Being a ghost and all, his memory isn't the greatest. So learning about different things become a, sort of, hobby of his. Reading and such are high up on is 'fun things to do' light.

Got a Shoulder for Everyone./Un-Judgmental: As long as the other doesn't mind him floating for a bit, he's actually quite a good listener. He'll ask a question here or there but he enjoys listening to others before saying anything really concrete.

What? No! You're awesome!/Positive: Sometimes it's hard for others to find the 'good' in themselves but Segoe can't help but see it as if it lay right before him. To see the positive aspects of someone is important to him and it seems to cheer others up so why not?

What you need? I can do it!/Hard-Worker: Being still and 'hanging around' isn't exactly Segoe's style. He enjoys having something to do and keeping his hands busy. Whether it's helping someone to class or chipping in his help for an event, he's totally down for it!

Nah, it's fine. I got it!/Risk-Taker: This Revenant, for being able to see the 'good' in others, never seems to see the danger in most. And when he does, he doesn't stop for too long to really weight the danger.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy?

Segoe doesn't even really know why. He just figured it was the right place to be. There were classes, ghouls and boils everywhere and many things for him to question and understand.

FEAR Ability:

Double Take:
Really the only time Segoe can exhibit any sort of strength. It takes him a bit but he concentrates hard enough to solidify his fists to deliver two harsh blows. It takes him a while to do so and just as long, if not more, to regain himself afterwards.

Physical Description:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:50 am
CONGRATS ON YUR BAB

This is stuff that is approval pertinent, and needs to be addressed

-The lowest age a character can be at Amity is 13, and most students start at mid range 15-17.
-This character is not a ghost but a skeleton based Undead!
-The nat. ability -See undead vrs ghost

Other: While we do not approve or run profiles approvals on personality this one has me pause.

His personality, plus is name, runs really close to the premade's inspired by character Sans from Undertale.
While it's fine to pull a few traits that run similar, making a personality that runs so close where it's very nearly the same character with different wording or 'packaging' per say, it becomes difficult to qualify it as a non-cosplay. As now, it's too reflective of the character Sans, with few alterations, making this character as it is, very difficult to give a non cosplay label to.

A way that can help is to remove certain aspects that tie the character directly to the one that inspired it, while making it wholly unique. In example, Maybe he enjoys working, he has a lack of empathy or is not judgmental, maybe he really dislikes social gatherings and can't work well in teams or, is anti-authority. These are traits that run counter, or, are not ones we see in the character that inspired the premade. The goal should be to make the character it own standing one, that while it can show it has it's roots in a media character, it is distinctively not the character from the series.

I would also suggest changing his name, perhaps going off of a different font type, and heck, from the idea of font style name, base the personality from that, (as Sans's name related to Comic Sans hence part of his personality being that of a comedian).

It's Neither a here nor there, and myself and other GMs are more than willing to help you if need be! Just as is, the personality is too close for comfort as it were for me to 'approve' it though it is again, not typically considered as part of our approval process.

Kaineferu

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

LiquidMangos

Feral Leaf

18,650 Points
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:05 am
Okay c:

Cause I had asked Zoo if it was okay if I made him a of the Ghost faction and she said it was fine. But I can change him too.

I can also change his personality c: I totally understand and I think I just got excited when I received him. ^.^' I'll work on him some more.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:57 am
Kaineferu
Okay c:

Cause I had asked Zoo if it was okay if I made him a of the Ghost faction and she said it was fine. But I can change him too.

I can also change his personality c: I totally understand and I think I just got excited when I received him. ^.^' I'll work on him some more.

Just fyi you can keep him as a ghost! No need to change, especially since Zoo approved as well!  

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

LiquidMangos

Feral Leaf

18,650 Points
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:31 am
kuropeco
Kaineferu
Okay c:

Just fyi you can keep him as a ghost! No need to change, especially since Zoo approved as well!

Okay, thank you c:  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:50 pm
WHAT A CUTIE I LOVE THIS (not an official enroll but just here to confirm ghost is grea!! /thumbs)  

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

LiquidMangos

Feral Leaf

18,650 Points
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:42 pm
Zoobey
WHAT A CUTIE I LOVE THIS (not an official enroll but just here to confirm ghost is grea!! /thumbs)

yay thank you c:

I'm actually very thankful for the advice from Vamps. c: Gave me a chance to really look at a different personality for him and I'm liking it much more than the one I had started out with. ♥  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:29 am
♥  

LiquidMangos

Feral Leaf

18,650 Points
  • Waffles! 25

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:24 pm
BASIC CHARACTER KIT WHAT DO I DO NEXT

Welcome to This is Halloween!

Congratulations! Your character has passed the enrollment process and you're cleared to begin playing. Essentially, this means you can get your art certed, make your character's journal, and most importantly start RPing. If you're a little lost then don't worry, this guide is here to point you in the right direction.

gaia_crown [ Art Check! ]:

- Do you have your character's art? Great! Move onto the next crown.

- If you do NOT yet have your art, you may now contact your artist and let them know that they may now start on creating your character!

gaia_crown [ Certs & Emblems ]:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

- If your character is a STUDENT, you may create a customized student pin for them. This is entirely optional (but fun!) special badge that is unique to your character's design! You can find more information about pins (also known as their emblem) here.

- Hallowen characters (Students & Horsemen) may bet their character certed here!

- Hunters may get their certs here!

gaia_crown [ Creating a Journal ]:

- A journal is a thread where you can keep track of your character's accomplishments, RPs, progress, relationships, etc!

- All HALLOWEEN characters (Students & Horsemen) may create one here!

- All Hunters may create one here!

gaia_crown [ Let's RP! ]:

- Don't be shy about RPing! As soon as your character has been enroll approved you can start! Check out this awesome information about The World of Halloween and Amityville Academy. All students start off in Amityville academy. Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All students are invited to participate!

- If you are a Hunter, you will want to read the Hunter Newbie Guide Icly, your character will be given access to a pamphlet and invitation to an orientation. Occasionally GMs will promote and open MISSION orps. These usually happen in the main Deus subforum and be followed by a guild announcement. All Hunters are invited to participate!

- If you are a Horsemen, please refer to here and the handy links in the first post as well as the other posts for concurrent and quest information! Need more things to do? Check out this whole subforum! Anything labelled Activity is open for you! Occasionally GMs will promote and open CLASSROOM orps. These usually happen in the classroom subforum. All Horsemen are invited to participate!

gaia_crown [ What's happening currently? ]:
- We try to keep all important things happening regularily updated in the ANNOUNCEMENTS THREAD. This goes for ALL FACTIONS. Have a question? Ask it in the Q & A !

gaia_crown [ Still feeling a little lost or overwhelmed? That's okay! ]:
- Check out what was just mentioned in FULL DETAIL HERE! Don't be too overwhelmed, there's time to sort everything out. For now, just enjoy some simple RP!

gaia_crown [ Finding RP ]:
- There's a bunch of ways to find RP. You can just contact a friend or any shop regular OR one of our available GMS for help! Otherwise, there are a lot of people looking to plot with YOU in their plotting threads! You can even make your own and advertise in your sig/ in the main thread/ etc etc!

- In addition any thread marked ORP is open for you to join!

- If you ever feel lost as a newbie, our many GMs are more than happy to one on one RP with you to help your character get acquainted. Send a PM to WE ARE HALLOWEEN and we can get you started this way as well. Otherwise, enjoy immersing yourself in the many RPS in TiH! It is all about discovery after all!

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games