Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Dark Magician Girl Cosplay Help

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cl3v3rRey

Fashionable Businesswoman

5,075 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:37 pm
Wow I haven't been on Gaia in such a long time. Idk when I even joined this guild. I'm not sure if this is okay to post but I was wondering if anyone could help me look for a Dark Magician girl cosplay. I want to cosplay her so bad and all Im finding is crappy cosplays online, I found decent one on cosplayfu.com which I do have one costume from there and I found another cosplay on Ebay but I don't know if I should trust this seller though it says 48 sold. Please help? crying Thank youuu  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:55 am
SpiderThistle
Wow I haven't been on Gaia in such a long time. Idk when I even joined this guild. I'm not sure if this is okay to post but I was wondering if anyone could help me look for a Dark Magician girl cosplay. I want to cosplay her so bad and all Im finding is crappy cosplays online, I found decent one on cosplayfu.com which I do have one costume from there and I found another cosplay on Ebay but I don't know if I should trust this seller though it says 48 sold. Please help? crying Thank youuu

I have friends who use cosplayfu, ebay is a bit trickier. you need to check their feedback to get a real feel for them. however your budget also determines what you get. buying a cosplay will never look as nice since the people who make these and mass sell them are not cosplayers themselves and are just looking to make money

if you purchase from a cosplayer who does commissions you will be paying more but will be getting something that is a lot nicer  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:02 am
SpiderThistle

Greetings SpiderThistle,

Welcome back. smile You posted your question in the right place. I just checked out cosplayfu.com. It seems to be a decent website and I like how they will custom tailor the outfit to your size. I'm sorry but we can't judge an Ebay seller for you. xXButterflied MemoriesXx mentioned checking out the sellers feedback, I agree that's a good place to start. Their are a lot of different websites out their that sell Cosplay Outfits now. My advice is to check each one of them out carefully before you buy.

Depending on your budget you might want to look into making an outfit on your own as well. One of my greatest joys was making my Syaoran Cosplay outfit. I did have help making my outfit since I can't sew to save my life. This Guild has many tutorials for you to check out and feel free to post additional questions as well if you decide to make your own outfit.

I have seen Cosplayers online either doing commissions for other Cosplayers or selling gently used Cosplay outfits. I agree with xXButterflied memoriesXx that a commission can cost more but in the end you may like the results a lot more.

I'm going to put the word out to our other Crew Members to see if they have additional advice for you. Good Luck on your search.  
Cosplay Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games