Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP/Viking] Courtesy Call (Toril/Vidar)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:04 pm
User Image

Keeping her nose to the ground, Toril followed a fresh trail until finding her target. It was a patch of blood; a fresh one. She stuck her tongue out to lap up a portion of it, and was instantly assaulted with a flash of memory. A buck, wounded in the flank, running left through the briars. His legs caught on a piece of brush before she was brought roughly back to the present.

She jolted from her standing position, and took a deep breath to steady herself before relaying the information to her Captain. As always her stomach was twisted in knots, but as this wasn't one of her worst 'visions' Toril felt she could handle it. Each time she tried her little 'trick' it was a gamble, though this time it looked like it would pay off.

More than a few of the other lions gave her a wide berth, but it didn't bother her. If not for her abilities they would have walked away from her because of her piss poor attitude. Toril liked it that way; they didn't need to like her, but they did need to respect her.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:41 am
User Image The time had come to really buckle down and get serious about perusing his title of Captain, Vidar had come to realize. The lions he wanted in his group were grown and he was running the risk of losing them to other Captains. That and he was getting bored having to follow around someone else. He was read to lead, take charge and be the boss! He had to get more experience though. He didn't want to lead poorly. So here he was out on another Viking, out to look for more things to tie into his mane. His favorite part about going on was collecting little baubles and prizes for his friend to make into decorations for him. When he was a Captain he wanted those he hunted to hear him coming and to know to fear him. Even those a mile away would know to run, but he'd still get them!

For now, though, he was content to watch others as they hunted a wounded prey beast. One lioness had a rather nice trick up her sleeve - visions. He knew all about those born from gods, as well as those blessed without having been born from an immortal. This spotted female was on the small side so he couldn't be sure that she had a god parent, but that didn't matter quite as much. All he knew was it a nice advantage to have. Maybe she'd want to join his group!

"That's a rather impressive talent you have there," he said as he came up beside her while the group pressed on, a grin on his face. "Can you do anything else with it or is it just triggered by blood?" His best friend was godborn, as were her siblings that he wanted for his group of Reavers, so he understood that visions were sometimes triggered by a certain event or smell or taste, while other times they just came upon a lion without warning.

Painted Moose

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:26 am
SilverLutz

Toril quirked her brow towards the lion who seemed brave enough to speak to her. Brave or foolish, she couldn't tell. He was well decorated, which spoke of his achievements, but beyond that she had seen little enough reason to speak to him. Now it seemed as if she had to. "It only happens when I taste blood, and it has to be fresh. Dried blood does nothing." It had taken her a long time or trial and error to figure out just how her 'abilities' worked. Some seers were never so fortunate. So, while hers might not have been the strongest, at least they were predictable.

Why was he grinning? She furrowed her brow, giving him a cursory overlook. "If you're here to ask me to use my gifts for your own gain, you can keep walking."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:19 am
Fresh blood...that was interesting. He'd have to relay the information back to Aslaug to see what she thought about it. His friend was very much obsessed with gods even if she wouldn't use that word, and it was all he could do to bring her every morsel he could find relating to them.

The look on the female's face as she spoke again made him laugh. "Oh no, you've got me all wrong. I was simply curious." He knew he'd never be able to talk her into being part of his fantasy Viking group just yet, but he'd tuck the information away for later when he could approach her with his shiny new title.

"Though that's a very nice asset to have while out a-Viking," he said with a thoughtful hum. "For yourself or for the Captain that you're out with." If the group attacked prey or even a target that wasn't necessarily being killed to be eaten and they escaped, she'd be able to track them better than any nose could. It was almost a bit unfair, really, but as long as it wasn't Vidar that was being tracked, he'd happily take advantage of it.

"You've certainly got a serious look about you," he went on as the group continued to walk. "Focused on the prize? Or are you usually this grumpy?"

Painted Moose

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:51 am
SilverLutz
So so so sorry for the delay! Horrific month killed my muse, but I'm working through it. x3

Curious? What kind of oddity did he think she was? Something to be pitied, or mocked? The bristly lioness' fur stood on end as she watched him, waiting for some biting comment to come from that laughter. However, when none came she was left rather confused.

"It is, especially since the Captain doesn't dictate when I use it. It's my gift; so it's mine control." To an extent, anyway. Toril didn't have mastery over it, she never really would, but at least she could make sure others didn't abuse what the Gods had given her.

She moved forward, turning her head up just enough so that her braid wouldn't interfere with her vision. "I've been told I'm the grumpy sort, so I suppose it's that." Toril grinned. "What about you? You obviously aren't grumpy, so what would you use to describe yourself?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:57 pm
Vidar was glad he hasn't called down the wrath of the female. It certainly wasn't his intent to tick her off. His younger self certainly would have, but he had gotten his butt handed to him a long time ago by the angry siblings of a girl he had been teasing, so he had learned his lesson.

"It's a lovely talent," he said with a nod. "One I wish I had. I have some friends who have visions and it seems very helpful." He tilted his head as she tilted hers, smiling back at her at the question.

"I've been called insane before," he said thoughtfully. "Brash. Idiotic. Lucky. Loud. I prefer to go by the term egotistically delightful." He let that settle for a bit with her before laughing, his small trinkets jiggling in his mane with the effort he put in. "But you can form your own opinion during this Viking. I'm Vidar," he said, offering his name with a little bob of his head as his laughter settled. "And it's a pleasure to meet you."

Painted Moose

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:33 am
SilverLutz

"It just depends on what kind of visions you have. Most have little to no control over them so I view it as more of a hindrance. Mine's just a gift because I've learned to use it to my advantage."

Toril raised her brow, smirking despite herself. "Egotistically delightful? Do you know how stupid that sounds?" The question might have been scathing if she hadn't laughed a little at the end. It was so idiotic that she found it oddly endearing, which was odd for Toril. "I actually think that fits you fairly well, Vidar, from what I know of you so far. My name's Toril, if there are to be introductions."

She looked ahead of her, watching as several other reavers jostled among each other, pushing and shoving with all the energy given to the young. "So Vidar, I'm curious; what's your wife like that she can put up with you?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:50 pm
"Yes," Vidar replied with a grin. Stupid suited him just fine, really. He was happy with any title anyone wanted to give him, whether it was good or bad. The more words that swirled around him, the more unpredictable he'd be to those that he met for the first time.

As she gave her name he bobbed his head, murmuring it softly so he wouldn't forget it. Not that he thought he would - it was hard to forget a spitfire like her. The question made him laugh again, a fond thought going to his dear friend and constant oblivious spurner of his affections. Aslaug wasn't his wife no matter how much he wished it, her life devoted to the gods, but their bond was so close he was sure those that knew them thought they were mated.

"I've yet to find a female crazy enough to tolerate me enough to call her my wife," he said, turning a quick eye to the front of the group where the captain was talking with some of his favored Reavers on where to go next to find the injured animal. "I'm not sure there's a lioness that exists that could claim such a lofty title," he added, giving Toril a wink.

Painted Moose

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas