Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
So it's 2016, and I'm thinking of making a new petition

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:35 pm
To remove the ethnic slur from the item. Since the last one hasn't been up in three years due to dreya and Tea both quitting (I'm assuming if that's happened).

I'm probably going to type it out tomorrow and use sources from dreya's as well as others I can get and provide an excerpt so people can read for themselves. (I'm nice okay).

I also have the okay to do it from a friend's guild mule (I'm a mod of it on another account) as she too is against the slur being used.

If anyone has any additional sources on the matter I would appreciate it. Specifically I'm trying to find one on a law in the Northeast that prohibited Rroma from owning a home causing them to change their name.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:17 am
Which item are you talking about?  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:25 pm
If you are talking about Ethinic Slurs in Names (for the G~ item/similar items), don't bother. They absolutely do not care and don't consider it an issue worthy of attention (or at least they didn't at the time). The definitive answer given was - we are not going to change this... it's a non-issue. It really sucked. sad

Ravynne Sidhe
To remove the ethnic slur from the item. Since the last one hasn't been up in three years due to dreya and Tea both quitting (I'm assuming if that's happened).

I'm probably going to type it out tomorrow and use sources from dreya's as well as others I can get and provide an excerpt so people can read for themselves. (I'm nice okay).

I also have the okay to do it from a friend's guild mule (I'm a mod of it on another account) as she too is against the slur being used.

If anyone has any additional sources on the matter I would appreciate it. Specifically I'm trying to find one on a law in the Northeast that prohibited Rroma from owning a home causing them to change their name.

*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games