Art of War

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:58 pm
Why does a warrior fight? An ageless question with endless answers. No one was ever more equipped to answer that question than the many different residents of Forvera.

Forvera: a rich continent full of all the joys and pains life can bring. It is diverse in almost every way, claiming home to both hospitable and intelligent life, lustrous minerals and resources, various environments and ecosystems, and all forms of love and war. All is fair in Forvera. All is war.

Six distinct kingdoms claim ownership over the land and a seventh wants it all for itself. These individual kingdoms started out as their own family/ tribes. These families each possessed strange abilities that set them apart from the normal humans. As these families grew their “creeds” differentiated even more. As time progressed and more and more land was settled, time came for the families to split apart. Each claimed their own slice of Forvera. Separate, each kingdom prospered. Hundreds of years past with peace but eventually space became limited and resources stretched. This pressure forced the hands of these kingdoms into conflict. War befell Forvera, and so began the saga “Art of War.”

Tenchi (Japanese culture)
Residing in the bottom middle south of Forvera, Tenchi is a vast dominion of plains and forests. It claims the southern half side of the giant dormant volcano, Terra, giving them a wealth of minerals for expansion. This wealth allowed for Tenchi to overwhelm their neighbors, Gorgan and Kublan. The Tenchi family arose from their founding fathers being born with increased human attributes and the growth of wings. Over time their abilities branched off and they began showing various types of wings. On top of that, Tenchi’s martial arts and samurai dominated the war planes. Over time, Tenchi could no longer hold both kingdoms under their grip and Kublan gained its independence.
Tenchi is now ruled by the Sun family. Emperor Sun Lieu Chan rules with an iron fist over the 6 Tenchi families. His rain has enslaved most Gorgan’s and to keep them subjugated he taxed them heavily. He used all this to erect a massive wall that stretched all around the kingdom. All men are drafted into the military by age 16 and required to serve for 4 years. Sun wishes to maintain the golden age Tenchi has been in for so many years. He arranged a marriage with the Princess of Luvium in order to secure peace over the land.

Gorgan (Egyptian culture)
The kingdom of Gorgan sits in the southern east corner of Forvera. This corner of the continent is rich with stone and brick quarries, farmlands, and some swamps. The Gorgan people are a various type, all with one similarity; they are all half human. The other half takes on some animal form.
The Gorgan’s have been subjugated by Tenchi for almost a century. It may be time for them to break fre of their shackles.

Kublan (Mongolian culture)
The kingdom of Kublan resides in the south west corner of Forvera. Its massive plains and desert make for a huge savanna. These fields they have mastered. After breaking free from Tenchi, Kublan has long plotted its revenge. Their numbers are enormous but these nomadic people may never possess the strength to stand against Tenchi walls.

Luvium (Roman culture)

Cindaria (English culture)

Aug’hir (Viking culture)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:04 pm
Profiles:

Name =
Title =
Heritage =
Family =
Age =
Location =
Powers =
Weapons =
Personality =
Appearance =
Controlled by =

Name = Sun Lieu Chan
Title = Emperor of Tenchi
Heritage = Tenchi
Family = Sun
Age = 57
Location = Basing (capital of Tenchi)
Powers = Summons huge monsters to his aid
Weapons = Emperor Sword and summoning feather
Personality = Strong willed and stern, Lieu Chan will not easy be moved from his decisions. He is the most loyal person you will meet and do anything for his family. He wastes no time with jokes by getting down to business immediately. Anyone who beats around the bush he views as weak.
Appearance = Lieu Chan has the wings of an owl User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Controlled by Joa-Boo

Name = Sun Lianshi
Title = Princess
Heritage = Tenchi
Family = Sun
Age = 17
Location = in transit to IngTuk in Gorgan
Powers = Lianshi can become invisible or makes few other things invisible. She is extremely proficient in Arcane magic and carries with her a collection of elemental scrolls.
Weapons = Lianshi fights with a bow and her magic scrolls.
Personality = Lianshi is well calculated although she sometimes makes her choices emotionally. She has a furious passion for Tenchi. Above all other things she will do anything for her aspiration to further
Appearance = Lianshi has swan wings User Image
Controlled by = Joa-Boo

Name = Dong Wei
Title = Samurai
Heritage = Tenchi
Family = Dong
Age = 21
Location = in transit to IngTuk in Gorgan
Powers = Can create phantom replicas of himself that can take small actions before dissipating.
Weapons = Katana and pike
Personality = Dong Wei is a gentle spirit with a nasty bite against those who would dishonor someone. He has mostly only a mind for combat but every now and then he attempts romantic gestures.
Appearance = has eagle wings surprised
rigin()/pre14/6c84/th/pre/i/2012/363/6/5/samurai_boba_fett_by_cgfelker-d5pkows.jpg" class="user_img" alt="User Image" />
Controlled by = doesn’t have to be Joa-Boo

Name = Joa Boo
Title = Elite guard (Samurai)
Heritage = Tenchi
Family = Joa
Age = 25
Location = in transit to IngTuk
Powers = Joa Boo can manipulate shadows at his will. He can pass through them like portals and appear out another shadow. He can pull things into the shadows. Joa Boo can replace himself with a shadow.
Weapons = Royal Glaive and katana
Personality = Joa Boo is a fierce man who prefers logic over all things. He has a great passion for knowledge and skill. He respects honor but questions traditions when it does not fit the current state of things.
Appearance = Joa Boo has dragon wings surprised rigin()/pre04/9de6/th/pre/i/2010/055/c/e/samurai_knight_by_yutori_custom.jpg" class="user_img" alt="User Image" />
Controlled by = Joa-Boo  

Joa-Boo
Captain

Joa-Boo
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:52 am
“Emperor, Princess Sun Lianshi and Dong Wei request your presence.” The courts announcer booms from across a vast throne room. The red and purple walls shimmers in the dimness of candle light. Just behind each flame sat an artful fixture representing the man on his throne’s achievements throughout his dynasty. One of which show, the Emperor slicing the head of the Gorgan queen from her body. Lianshi grimaces as her eyes pass over this painting. For her that was a dark day. For others, it was justice.

“My daughter does not have to request my presence. Please, come in child. And Dong Wei? What a surprise.” The Emperor looked cheerful. It was an act. He knew a bit about what the two were conspiring and it troubled him greatly. Lianshi began to speak but before she could get more than a word out Lieu Chan shushed her. “Leave us!” He ordered. Everyone but the three and Joa Boo, the Emperor’s elite guard, remained.

“Father we have decided we will run away to Dong Wei’s uncle!” Lianshi’s heart was in her words.

“Dong Chang, the Gorgan Embassy? Listen you two, what you are talking about will jeopardize everything Tenchi has worked so hard for. You cannot make this decision lightly.” The Emperor stood from his throne. His brow forced a strict line.

“What does she speak of? Why would Lianshi go to IngTuk? She is to marry the Luvium Prince at the end of this month.” Joa Boo spoke out of turn but he could not hold back his tongue. The Emperor forgave this on occasion only becomes the one who would deal with someone speaking out of turn would be Joa Boo himself.

“Quiet Joa Boo!” The Emperor was stern with his words. “As always, the words you hear exchanged in my throne are to never leave hear.”

“Father I cannot marry that barbarian. I would rather fall on my own dagger than stoop so low as to lay with a Luvium.” Lianshi was nearly in tears already. Dong Wei and I love each other. It has always been this way. We go to IngTuk to elope. Please give us your blessing!” Lianshi begged.

“I will keep her well protected my Emperor. My blade is swift.” Dong Wei bowed the lowest he could. His right fist connected with his chest and he bent at the waist.

“It’s not your blade I worry about Dong Wei. It’s both of your minds. I am insulted you would gamble all of your people for your own love.” Lieu Chan had to brace himself against a pillar to remain standing. The idea of all-out war made him uneasy. The Luvium’s would be a difficult match.

“Think about it father. If I am to marry the prince then I would become queen of Luvium but our children, your grandchildren, would be both Luvium and Tenchi. My king would hold claim to either throne. We want peace but we don’t want to hand them control.” Lianshi shrugged some of her political game at the Emperor. Like all of the Sun family, they were educated to the highest of known degrees. Lieu Chan was shaken by these words. He grew angry as if he discovered being tricked the whole time.

“Your two older brothers hold claim to my throne. Alas I should ever die that is.” Lieu Chan held himself strong like a mountain.

“Either way our blood would be poisoned by Luvium. Your grandchildren would know no peace.” Lieu Chan thought a lot on these words. He backed into his throne and worked out his move.

“Lianshi how could you do this to us?” Joa Boo moved from his place at the right side of the Emperor’s throne and towards the two. His eyes met them both with honest fear. “All this talk of blood but I see none on your hands. Peace means sacrifice. If some Sun blood should be split, would that not be better than all of the dynasty?”

“Joa Boo you have known me like a sister for over a decade. We took you in like our own after your services were promised to us for exchange in more land be given to the Joa family. I love my people. You know I would sacrifice much for them. I beg of you look further down the road. This only makes peace now but for how long. This war is inevitable and if we ever want to win we need to be our strongest. If I am with Luvium that gives them an angle.”

“We go to my uncle not only for safety but to help bolster the Gorgan front. We imagine by the time Luvium realizes the wedding isn’t happening they will march on Gorgan.” Dong Wei spoke to Joa Boo’s militaristic side. A much more natural side for both men.

“I have decided. Lianshi and Dong Wei, you have my blessing on one accord, you will build your kingdom on Gorgan land. Have Dong Chang set you up and begin fortifying immediately. Joa Boo, you have served me well. I grant you freedom from our service after you see to it that my daughter and her new lord are safe in IngTuk.” Lieu Chan stood with his scepter this time to give the official decree. At the end of it was a feather which Lieu Chan used to write on a parchment along the flow. After finalizing his words on paper he flipped the scepter to stamp the parchment. He stomped and it flew right to Lianshi’s hands.

“Thank you father! You will not be disappointed! LONG LIVE TNECHI!” Lianshi was ecstatic.

“This is to be kept a secret. The less who know about it the better. Especially until your promised wedding with Luvium. Now go in the dark of night.”

The three left through a secret tunnel behind the throne. Joa Boo put together the details of their travel while Lianshi and Dong Wei paced their things. Before the night was through the three and some of Joa Boo’s most trusted men head out across Tenchi and Gorgan for a jungle city named IngTuk.  
Dark Hand role playing

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games