Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Jedi cosplay help.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:27 pm
I'm making a Jedi cosplay, but I'm looking for the leather belt that they wear (not real leather, that's too expensive). I've tried looking at ebay and all they have are ones going up to an XL. I'll no doubt need a 2XL or 3XL. I can get one from hellocosplay, but I'd have to buy the whole costume. If somebody can provide a link where I can get one in my size, that would be great.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:11 am
Hello Daveak Shadowsword,

I've put out the word to our Crew Members. Hopefully one of them can help you out. If you can't find a belt perhaps you could make one or get help making one. Some Cosplayers like myself have had help in making their outfits. Also it would help us to know which Jedi character you need a belt for. Good luck on either finding a belt or possibly making one.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:18 pm
smithers456
Hello Daveak Shadowsword,

I've put out the word to our Crew Members. Hopefully one of them can help you out. If you can't find a belt perhaps you could make one or get help making one. Some Cosplayers like myself have had help in making their outfits. Also it would help us to know which Jedi character you need a belt for. Good luck on either finding a belt or possibly making one.
No Jedi character in particular, just a random Jedi. I even have a kit in the mail where I can design and build my own lightsaber. I can't wait for it to come.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:18 am
Daveak Shadowsword
I'm making a Jedi cosplay, but I'm looking for the leather belt that they wear (not real leather, that's too expensive). I've tried looking at ebay and all they have are ones going up to an XL. I'll no doubt need a 2XL or 3XL. I can get one from hellocosplay, but I'd have to buy the whole costume. If somebody can provide a link where I can get one in my size, that would be great.

This is really late and it may not be of any help now but ..?
You could go to a craft and fabric store to buy faux leather if you have the money for it, and make the larger strip of the belt. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it being to big, as you could do the sizing yourself and see how much you need.
For the smaller part that goes around that could you re fashion a very small and slimmer belt, and wear that over it? I tried looking into it and it seem like a lot of people have done that. You could also make the metal bit from a light material (you could use balsa wood, or even thin foam) and cut out the shape, then paint it over in a metallic paint. Then you just need some fabric to wrap around the ends of the pieces and then put it on.
I hope this helps if you were still seeking assistance!

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150

Daveak Shadowsword

Shadowy Mage

12,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:15 pm
nerdiepi
Daveak Shadowsword

You could go to a craft and fabric store to buy faux leather if you have the money for it, and make the larger strip of the belt. Then you wouldn't have to worry about it being to big, as you could do the sizing yourself and see how much you need.
For the smaller part that goes around that could you re fashion a very small and slimmer belt, and wear that over it? I tried looking into it and it seem like a lot of people have done that. You could also make the metal bit from a light material (you could use balsa wood, or even thin foam) and cut out the shape, then paint it over in a metallic paint. Then you just need some fabric to wrap around the ends of the pieces and then put it on.
Problem is, I suck at sewing and I don't have access to a sewing machine with the abilities to sew faux leather.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:07 am
Daveak Shadowsword
nerdiepi
Daveak Shadowsword

Problem is, I suck at sewing and I don't have access to a sewing machine with the abilities to sew faux leather.

Perhaps you can find someone to help you out. I can't sew either so I asked my sister for help. Good luck.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
Cosplay Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers