[CHAL] Emrys vs Gabedi

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:57 am
User Image Emrys had been wandering the rogue lands for quite some time now. He had left his home in the Pridelands when he became an adult, seeking a new life in a new pride. So far he hadn't been very lucky. None of the prides he had come across seemed to fit the bill. He had heard talk of a pride dominated in number by females and it had certainly gotten his interest up. What warm blooded male wouldn't be interested in being surrounded by females?

He hadn't been around for very long when he saw a large red lion challenge a male from the pride. The battles were vicious but in the end the Bonelands male sent the red lion on his way looking much worse for the wear. Emrys flicked his tail and watched, waiting for the time to make his presence known. He wanted in.

Stepping forward, he moved towards the male with his head high, obviously stepping into his territory to pose yet another challenge. This guy needed to go if he were to stay, after all. Hopefully fighting the large red lion had sapped some of his energy.

"Care for another go?" he asked. He could always let the male give in without a fight, although he didn't think it would go that way. "Or you could just walk away peacefully."

Andranis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:11 pm
He had been impressed the first time the red-pelt had come challenging. The fight had wound up being a draw, and both lions backed off to lick their wounds and rest before another go. But Gabedi refused to back down easily, giving the other lion what he felt to be a sound beating. Even injured, Jasiri had put up a good fight to defend his position, and Gabedi felt it'd be an insult to his memory as an inselelo to not do the same.

Gold eyes turned, sharp and dangerous, toward the new male. He looked the lion over, one eyebrow rising. "I'm always up for a fight to defend my place here. But I wonder, stranger..." His gaze flicked to the greens of some of his markings and the tip of his tail. "Will the lionesses let you touch them? They like their males in browns and the odd red around here." Of course, he was sure his sister would be willing for the chance at cubs not related to the Abaholi, though smartly she wasn't so willing to have unrelated cubs that she would partner with a rogue.

SilverLutz

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:20 am
Emrys glanced back at his tail which was flicking from side to side. In the Pridelands it was common for lions to come in all sorts of colors and markings. Here they favored the natural tones of the earth. Green was on the trees, yes? He was sure they wouldn't put up too much of a fuss. And if they did, fine. He'd prove to them that appearance wasn't everything.

"Well, I suppose I'll let them pass judgement should I best you," he said evenly, not falling for any sort of bait that might have been to rile him up. "I'm quite plain where I'm from. Perhaps they'll enjoy a bit of an exotic color." He was done speaking after that, leaping from his spot to charge the other male. He extended one paw with a short but loud roar, claws extended. This wasn't some sparring session back home. This was for the right to be in this pride. He had to do what he could to make the dark male falter and run, or else be ready to fight.

Andranis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:14 pm
Gabedi let out a laugh. "You would THINK, but they DON'T. But so be it, you persist." He had faced the red pelt already, surely one more wouldn't make a difference, would it? He shook out his mane, then charged at the other lion.

When Gabedi let out a roar of his own, it was one of pain as claws scraped across his shoulder. He let out a snarl, turning to swing one of his own large paws at Emrys. He wasn't about to give up easily, not yet. His thoughts were on the cubs he had sworn, with a look to Jasiri and by sworn word to the lionesses, to protect in the prior Inselelo's stead. He knew there was the chance he would lose, though, and it was an eventuality he knew would come. He just hoped... That wasn't today.

SilverLutz
Sorry about that! Was busy at work!

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:26 pm
Emrys felt his confidence grow as his first hit landed. Good. He could do this...he hadn't been trained back in his home pride to fight, but he had certainly been trained to hunt. Surely the same rules applied. He'd been out in the rogue lands long enough to know how to hunt by himself and he had seen enough fights to know the general back and forth. And, if he remembered correctly, a counter would be coming right about now.

Indeed, it came. Faster than he expected, at that. The large paw caught him in the face, sending him reeling to the side. Thankfully the claws had missed anything vital but had scraped his cheek a bit as it left his mane. He lifted his head with a snarl, blood pooling to the surface of his skin. This was for real now.

There were no more words to be had. Emrys snarled and launched himself forward once more, teeth bared and both paws up. He collided ungracefully with the other male, but that was what he wanted. To send them to the ground rather than having them fight on even footing. He just hoped he'd be able to stay on top of the darker lion as his teeth flashed, snapping at his face.

Andranis
It's okay! I know how that goes XD Just wanted to make sure you got the quote. I know how Gaia eats them sometimes >>

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:32 pm
Tumble he did. The impact sent Gabedi rolling, the world spinning for him. When he stopped, he got up as soon as he could, a snarl on his face. Shaking himself out, he started toward Emrys again, face hard. He hadn't been playing games before, taking defense of the pride serious, and he wasn't about to start. Letting out a roar, Gabedi charged at Emrys again, reaching up to hit him, tackle him, anything.

SilverLutz
Another week, more work, eep! At least we know Gabedi's lost, anyway, ROFL. Also, short post is kind of short there, but brain's shuffling into sleep-mode

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:01 pm
The two lions rolled on the ground for a moment before coming apart. Emrys got to his feet a bit quicker than Gabedi did and they faced off once more. He wasn't going to take the attack without one of his own, though, and the two males met with slashing claws and teeth. He could feel pain lancing through his shoulders and legs where Gabedi's claws were meeting his skin, but he knew his own were leaving their mark as well.

Finally, an opening. Their tussling allowed him to gain a very slight edge, shifting his weight at just the right moment to lean against Gabedi's shoulder while swiping at his legs to take them out. He wanted him on the ground, on his back, and paws in the air. If he could expose his belly and hold his position for a few moments this could end without serious bloodshed. He didn't want to kill the lion, just oust him from his position. Hopefully being pinned in a prone and vulnerable position would make him surrender.

Andranis
Short post is okay! We're just about done, we can wrap it up in the posts after your next one biggrin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:52 am
He wasn't a stupid lion, not by any means. He was big, yes, and strong, but Gabedi knew when a fight was lost. While he did miss the moves that landed him on his back, he didn't miss the fact that this was a good opportunity to make for a graceful loss. His chest heaved as he stared up at Emrys in surprise, front paws tucked to his mane. Finally, he gave a nod. "Well played."

SilverLutz
Where did my brain go?

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:41 am
Emrys found himself standing over the other lion, teeth bared, but when the darker male surrendered he backed off instantly, a calm expression on his face. Inside he was dancing with joy, but outwardly he looked as if he had just strolled up to the borders and politely requested that Gabedi let him take his position. If dirt and blood weren't all over his fur he might have been able to sell the act.

"Thank you. And thank you for answering the challenge." He gave a little bob of his head but didn't waste any time in saying goodbye. He headed off in the direction Gabedi had come from, head held high. He had done it!

Andranis
No worries! Stuff in the old guild has slipped past my radar too XD This is wrapped!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:37 pm
Climbing to his paws, Gabedi watched the other lion walk away. He let out a quiet huff of amusement, then turned and started walking. He'd hang around the border JUST long enough to get a proper goodbye from his family, and then he'd be gone, never to return. Maybe he'd go check out the coast, he'd heard much about the giant waters of the ocean. Were there prides out there? He'd have to find out.

SilverLutz
And last post from me just so Gabedi has 5 posts and 500 words ~

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash