Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Melyndi the Basilisk (crits pls!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Booieann

Dapper Cleric

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
AMITYVILLE ACADEMY ENROLLMENT FORM

Name: Melyndi Tanith
Nicknames: Mel (prefers this)

Faction: Monster
Race: Basilisk
- In European bestiaries and legends, a basilisk is a legendary reptile reputed to be king of serpents and said to have the power to cause death with a single glance.

Natural Ability: Petrifying Stare
- if she locks eyes with someone then they freeze where they are. However, her being so young and untrained, anyone she locks eyes with are stunned for like one second, and for people with high FEAR, it doesn't affect them at all. It would affect humans as long as she maintains eye contact. (she doesn't know this) (this will also depend on whether or not whoever i'm rping with wants it to affect their character)

Personality:
Headstrong hot head~ To a stranger Mel seems a stubborn and quick to anger person. That's cause she is. She always thinks she is right and will pick a fight if you say otherwise.

Impulsive= Mel acts first and thinks later. Not stopping to think of the consequences of the action that she is already acting out.

Self-Preservation- if the effects of her impulsive actions get her in trouble then she will be quick to try and lie her way out. Throwing other people under the bus even if they are innocent.

Tsundere: Shed a few layers of that skin though and you'll find Mel to be a nervous ball of anxiety. Worried that people don't like her but unable to better herself by herself. She very much loves her friends once they get past those barriers and is fiercely protective of them. She will also consider those people a 'safe spot' using them as an added shield.

Fun Facts; Because of her natural ability, she avoids eye contact.
She has bad breath. all that venom in her system you know.
Cold-blooded. So she likes warm spots and warm people. Dislikes cold spots and in turn, people who radiate cold.
eats meat. prefers rats. she can gulp em down in one bite now.

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? It was one of the closest schools around, and the best one. So she applied, cause that's what she is supposed to do right? Go to school? What else is there to do? It's what her parents said she should do. It's the school her mom went to. So it's obviously the next step.
Mel lacks a goal and ambition, so hopefully she finds it in Amityville.

FEAR Ability: The Tainted Fang: Toxin Spit
- Mel can eject poison from her fangs to hit a target up to 4 feet away. She can also bite to inject the venom, but Mel has been working real hard on that 4 feet darn it.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: orange-yellowish all around with black slits like snake eyes cause she is a snek
Hair Colour/Style: Short black hair
Skin Colour: black scales, but in light then there is a small shimmer of dark blue/purple scales
Clothing Style/Colours: sweater dress, beanie, boot and jacket, she already has her art, so you know.
Extra: sharp teeth, snake tongue, she has some spines going down her.
References: i havn't gotten her art with out the thing, but here you go Snek Mode (it's about six feet long right now)

Extra info: she lives in the suburbs with her mom and mum. Mom is a chicken monster. Mum is a toad monster. I wanted to give a nod to the 'basilisks are born from the egg of a chicken when incubated by a toad' part of basilisk lore. To fit into Halloween lore, there was at least one basilisk parent that was part of her pumpkin process. Whether or not she was adopted by her moms or the basilisk parent was part of the process with them, Mel doesn't know. (as i haven't decided yet)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:23 pm
bump so peeps see it. really could use some help on her personality. i dunno if it is okay but i'm happy enough for now with it. She will grow with age of course.
other then that. i'm ready to put her to ready

i also don't have her art with out the water mark thing and don't know how to go about getting that.

alsooo not sure how im supposed to go about getting a pin afterwards? both threads kinda say that you need to figure it out yourself.  

Booieann

Dapper Cleric

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:32 am
Small approval things!

Natural ability- I would edit this so its just that they freeze momentarily or so long as the stare is maintained. Blinking on her part however breaks the gaze or the other party can force themselves out of it.

It's a simple way to give flexibility/ a clear 'cap' of reasonable reference, and removes the if a person is X then Y, If person is U then Z. When you have sectionals it gets confusing, where as a flat line is much easier to apply, and with a clear cap + felxability it would help for various situations/rps.

Extra info- As long as canonly, she was born and one parent was a basilisk, it's fine.
Unwatermarked image

Booieann

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces