Submit

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:21 pm
This is a private RP between myself and HoneyTeaTree. Please DO NOT post without permission!

User Image

User Image

Kaya Wolf Moon's Teepee | HoneyTeaTree's Teepee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:13 pm
Thaddeus was wandering casually through the forest, a typical and common practice of the draft Cerynei. He was always wandering, though never to far from his herd, exploring and adventuring to his heart's content. Should there be a damsel in distress or a young one in need of assistance, Thaddeus was there and ready to help or protect them in typical Thaddeus fashion! He was chivalrous and like a knight, ready to do what he needed to protect the common Soquili.

So far the day had been uneventful, a slight disappointment to the excitement-seeking Cerynei. however, Thaddeus had a spring in his gate, sure to find some lively activity for himself; there was nothing he enjoyed more than spontaneity in his adventures. Something would happen, it always did. And so the proud, gray stallion continued on with his day, head held high and proud, his steps sure-footed and deliberate.

The sound of squawking caught Thaddeus' attention and he quickly padded his way across the sparse forest floor to find a small bird on the ground with its, what he assumed, mother hovering about in an attempt to protect it from predators. With a soft look on his face, the gentle giant of a stallion worked quickly to help the poor creature up to its parent above. His large frame laid itself to the ground, belly flat to the cool Earth beneath him and he waited. "Come, small one. I will not hurt you." His deep voice came out in a soft, hushed tone.

It wasn't too long until the young bird finally crept up to him and hopped lightly on to the great stallion's muzzle, lightly stepping to the crown of his head where twin antlers rested upon his gray pelt. A small huff of a breath and Thaddeus lifted himself back to his feet, craning his neck as high as he could so the creature atop his head could rejoin its mother on the branch above. It took a few more moments but the light steps across his muzzle let him know the hatchling was moving and was soon returned to its parent. Thaddeus had another good deed under his belt.

The male attempted to move from his spot beneath the tree to continue on his path, only to find that he could not move from the spot, one of his legs caught in a vine that had tied around him as he had pulled his leg forward. With a deep frown, Thaddeus attempted to pull his leg again, hoping that this was not some trick and that the vine would simply snap. He was sadly mistaken as the vine simply stretched with him, clearly still green and new. "Of all the...!"

Kaya Wolf Moon
I hope the vine is alright? I'm terrible at coming up with pranks OTL

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:24 am
The day had started out so boring and predictable. The sun had arisen from its slumber to drive the moon to rest. Solid black skies of twinkling lights had given way to vibrant hues of pink, purple, yellow, and eventually blue. It was a typical morning. For the orange and black draft stallion that had been awoken by the bright fireball, this meant that he would need to liven things up. Shadow didn't enjoy the humdrum pace of life. Rather, he wanted to have excitement in his world and to bring joy to others. His bonded, a raccoon named Yori, also felt this need. They made a great pair they did.

And so, they set out to rid the world of the boring, predictable day. Some lucky soul, or perhaps even many lucky souls, would be rescued from the mundane and thrust into the unknown. Their daily lives turned upside down so that they might know frivolity rather than sensibility. Shadow had paused at such a thought. Upside down... His mind mulled over those words, tossing them about as if tasting the mere possibilities. "Yori," He looked to his bonded with a broad grin. Orange eyes gleamed with mirth. "I think I know what our first endeavor will be today."

An hour later and all was set. A newly retrieved vine had been tied to a tree, a loop situated at the unattached end. Once the lucky individual came along, their hoof or paw or whatever it turned out to be would land in the open loop. When said individual continued forward, the motion itself would cause the loop to pull tightly around the limb. The vine would then heft the fortunate one up so that their world might, literally, be turned upside down. It was a simple trick really, but a classic. "Now to wait!"

Shadow and Yori had located a prime hiding spot not too far from their prank. It kept them within the line of sight of the vine so that they could see the glorious moment when it occurred, but also kept them hidden from view. Essentially, they could see but not be seen until they wanted. The duo didn't have long to wait either. Minutes after the prank had been placed, a large gray stallion stumbled directly into its path. He had helped a small bird back to its family, never realizing he was being "helped" as well. Here it comes! Shadow held his breath as the vine was triggered. However, things didn't go quite according to plan. The large Cerynei was far too heavy to be lifted it seemed. "Awwww," the Draft stallion exhaled with a huff, exiting from his hiding spot. "It didn't work as good as I thought it would. But--" His sadness quickly dissipated at knowing that at least part of the prank had worked. "Now life isn't as boring!"

xX Green Tea Tree Xx
I am so sorry it took me so long to respond to this! I promise I didn't forget about it, just RL and stuff got in the way. As for the vine, it's perfectly fine. ^_^

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:38 pm
A trap, he had stepped in a trap of all things! As embarrassing as it was, Thaddeus could only feel anger at the predicament. He was lucky he was a hefty stallion rather than a foal with lanky limbs and no weight, Thaddues could only imagine how terrifying that would be for someone so young and small. With a gruff shake of his horned head, Thaddeus pulled his leg once more to attempt to free himself to no avail. It seemed that whoever had set up this fiendish thing had done a rather impressive job. With a stern frown, the gray stallion huffed and stood in his spot of capture. What could he, the great, heroic Thaddeus, do in such a situation? He was not the most quick-witted, but what he lacked in brains he surely made up for with his brawn.

With a quick movement of his head, Thaddeus stretched to get his antler tangled with the vine that wrapped around his leg, making sure to pull the green vegetation taught as he craned his neck up, stressing the vine in two places as his muscular leg pulled down. This would surely break the cursed thing! He hoped. It was all about being positive in situations such as this, something Thaddeus had learned through his years.

"Guh..!" It was no use, the vine was too young and still retained it's springy quality. He needed to think. He refused to spend his day caught in such a trap. How unbecoming for a creature such as him. He wouldn't be able to speak of his great rescue of the bird to the foals of his herd, not truthfully if he omitted the fact that he had stepped in such a ridiculous trap, and he hated being anything but truthful.

His fluffy ears flickered at the sound of footsteps approaching him, eyeing the black and orange stallion that approached. His eyes narrowed as the stallion spoke. "So you're the one responsible for this?" He puffed out an irritated breath from his nose, brows creased in a deep frown. Then the word boring caught his attention and Javed could barely contain the shock and anger that rose within him. This had all been on the grounds of being some... some joke! Did the black and orange stallion not have any idea how dangerous this could have been had it been someone younger, smaller, getting caught in the setup? It was preposterous to him that anyone could be that thoughtless when it came to others. "I would have expected better of an adult. Setting something like this up in an attempt to relieve your boredom? How thoughtless! You could have seriously injured someone, do you not realize that?" The Cerynei puffed, forgetting about the predicament of his leg still tangled in the vine. If there was anything that lit the flames of anger in Thaddeus, it was irresponsibility.

Kaya Wolf Moon
You're fine hon! I hope everything's okay on your end. <3 And I'm glad the vine was an okay thing to do. I was worried about it lol.

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:56 pm
Shadow puffed out his chest, beaming brightly at the gray stallion. "Indeed we are!" His orange eyes danced with delight as he motioned towards the prank. "It is a great trick isn't it? One of the better ones I've thought of if I do say so myself." The Draft had yet to understand that his actions could have ended up with a not so jovial outcome. So it took him aback that the Cerynei was angered in such a way.

"Huh?" Shadow blinked once and cocked his head to one side. A confused stare greeted the ire filled one of the other male. After a second of silence, Shadow realized that there must have been a misunderstanding. That's it! I simply need to set the record straight. He laughed deeply at the thought of such a "simple" mind who couldn't comprehend the importance of a quality prank. "I see what has happened. You have me all wrong. Let me explain."

The orange and black stallion stepped closer to the prank and its irate victim. "I wasn't speaking about myself when I said that life isn't as boring. Well--not completely anyway. What I meant was that life isn't as boring for YOU." While he spoke, Shadow carefully maneuvered the vine around with Yori's help until there was a pop and the greenery slackened. Thaddeus was now freed from his shackle. "My prank has worked wonders for you already, you see? Your predictable, uneventful day has now been thrown a curve-ball filled with fun. There is no harm in that."

xX Green Tea Tree Xx
Yeah, everything is good. Just work is keeping me pretty active IRL. x3

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:26 am
Thaddeus watched the dark patterned stallion continued to speak, clearly oblivious to the potential danger he could have been the creator of. The Cerynei's eyes narrowed and he shook his head out of frustration, exhaling a great puff of breath from his nose. Though he could have been wrong, Thaddeus could only assume the other stallion hadn't recently become fully grown. He was just a tad too big for a foal that had recently grown to his full height and weight. It always perplexed the gray and blue speckled draft when others didn't act their age.

"No, there's nothing great about this so called trick of yours!" His tone was firm, his eyes hard and mouth pulled in a tight line. What would it take for this foolish man to see the error of his ways. Had it been someone much smaller and younger than him, Thaddeus was sure that this "prank" would have ended on a much more sour note. It was such a careless and irresponsible decision to set something like that vine up as a harmless joke.

Confusion settled across his face as the stallion assured that Thaddeus had simply misunderstood. What was there to misunderstand about what had happened? He felt dumbfounded as the draft went on to speak and clarify the situation, his brows furrowing as it was insinuated that he was the one that had been bored. "What on earth are you talking about? My life is far from boring. I don't need shenanigans such as this to bring some sparkle to it."

Once his leg was free from the accursed trap, Thaddeus gave another great shake of his head, still as adamant on his ideals as his counterpart apparently. "No, there was nothing fun about your poorly made joke. Had it been someone younger and smaller than I, they could have been seriously hurt. This foolish attempt at humor has nothing funny about it."

Kaya Wolf Moon
Sorry for making you wait so long. RL sucks and decided to come and rain on my parade. It's all sorted out now and dealt with though.

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:13 pm
The situation had not seemed to correct itself. Shadow felt certain that his explanation of the events would have alleviated any misconstrued notion. Unfortunately, such was not the case. The gray dappled stallion continued to lecture him about the foolish of his prank, appearing anything but pleased at the cleverness that the draft had exhibited.

Shadow's face screwed up in utter confusion. His orange eyes stared uncomprehendingly back at the self-righteous and anger-filled ones of the Cerynei. Nothing great about my prank? A hazard to others? Surely he must be mistaken... I would never harm another. Then it dawned on the stallion. Perhaps if he were to explain the mechanics of his prank then all would be well.

A hint of a smile ghosted across his muzzle as he gave a nearly imperceptible nod. Right then... He cleared his throat. "It seems that we have a misunderstanding between us. Rest assured, my pranks are very well thought out before I put them into practice. Take for instance the vine prank here. The time of day, the location, the strength of the vine, even the size of the loop were all accounted for in order to prevent injury." Shadow gently nudged the vine as he spoke, placing his own hoof into the loop and bringing it aloft. "You see? No harm was ever meant."

xX Green Tea Tree Xx
Agreed! Real life needs to seriously take a chill pill and leave us alone. I'm so tired of real life at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:19 pm
Thaddeus couldn't help but feel is face scrunch in disbelief as the stallion before him prattled on. There were so many things wrong with what this stallion considered a harmless prank and it seemed he was so thick in the head that there was little to no way Thaddeus could rail any ounce of understanding into him. His gave a great huff of annoyance as he watched the darkly colored male move and motion towards the offending "prank" that was the cause of this debacle.

With a roll of his blue eyes, Thaddeus shook his head, motioning a his antler-crowned head towards the vine Shadow had placed a hoof in. "I don't believe you understand my issue here. For you and I, or any individual of our size for that matter, this may seem like a simple thing. Something to laugh about later when the day has passed and all can be forgotten and forgiven. My anger with this dastardly thing comes from the fact that a young foal or filly could have wandered into this very trap and would have been hoof over head." His voice was strained, his jaw tight as he attempted to remain as calm and even toned as possible. This argument was already starting to run in circles and making his patience run thin, he didn't need to add yelling on to the cause of his growing headache. He wasn't sure how much more of this he could take before a blood vessel decided it was time to burst.

"What if someone had gotten hurt with your prank? What would you have done then, hm?" His tone was stern and Thaddeus couldn't help but feel like one of the many teachers he had heard lecturing the young ones in the herd. Suddenly, he couldn't help but knit his brows at the realization of how... old he was sounding. He felt so ridiculous, reprimanding a fully grown stallion that seemed only a few years younger than himself. What had happened to the fun loving Thaddeus of old? The stallion shook his head, dispelling the thought, and returned his attention to the concern at hand.

"It may seem like all fun and games now, but think about this seriously. You do have a brain in that head of yours, don't you?" He frowned at the male. He didn't care if this was all for some silly little prank the other had planned out so carefully, there was danger in a trap like this and Thaddeus wished to make that danger apparent. He firmly stamped one of his great hoof to the ground to get the male's attention should it waver away from him. "What if a small woodland creature had wandered into the trap and set if off? They would most likely be injured. Same if a small, slender foal were to walk into it."

Kaya Wolf Moon
I am a huge bum and took 30 years to reply to this. I am so so so sorry. Just letting you know I edited it and that's why you got quoted twice! Sorry xD

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:14 pm
Shadow stared blankly at the stallion before him. He had never been so utterly reprimanded in his entire life. Surely the elder stallion could see the wondrous nature of his prank? Surely he could now see what Shadow himself had been attempting to explain? There was never any harm intended. The orange and black stallion would rather die before injuring another. That’s why he took such great care in his planning, in his execution. To accuse him of such a blatant disregard for another’s safety… It was simply inconceivable.

The vine fell limply to the ground as Shadow lowered his hoof. Orange eyes narrowed fretfully. “You would accuse me of such a thing? My dear fellow, I have always taken others’ safety into consideration before conducting my pranks. Never, and I do mean ever, would I enact a prank until I was certain that an innocent could not be injured. I would sooner die than harm another, especially a little one.” His voice rose in agitation while he spoke. The calm and playful demeanor slowly began to alter into one of hurt and annoyance. Shadow was not used to being reprimanded in such ways. He felt a strong desire to correct the stallion well up inside. If only he could make him see, make him understand the value of his pranks. Further demonstrate the careful planning… That’s it! I’m simply not explaining myself properly. I shall try again.

“Perhaps I am not being clear.” Shadow cocked his head to the side, his voice nearly a whisper. He cleared his throat and spoke more firmly. “You think me a fool to place a prank in this location.” It was a statement instead of a question. “But I am not. I believe it’s fair to say that I know these woods like the back of my hoof, quite possibly better than you yourself. My bonded and I have noted the comings and goings of others in these woods, have carefully chosen the spot you find this prank. Why here, you ask?” He pawed at the forest floor pointedly. “Because it is least likely place for a little one to wander. Only a stallion or mare like myself could pass through this area with no difficulty. That is why I laid my prank here. So that someone in need of a glorious and amusing day might happen by.” Shadow smiled mirthlessly. “We’ve even taken the small woodland creatures into consideration. Why do you think we stayed so close? Yes, we wished to see whom the lucky participant might be, but we also wished to direct any delicate and small creatures away from the area. So, you see, no harm done.” His words lilted upward in hopes of reaching an accord. Hopefully, now that he had given better reasoning, all would set well with the gray dappled stallion and his prank could be properly praised for its genius.

WC: 484

xX Green Tea Tree Xx
No worries! I know IRL can be a real pain (I know it has been for me lol) so no harm done. x3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:50 pm
Thaddeus knew as soon as the words left his mouth that he was going to get nowhere with the Soquili standing in front of him. He had lost count of how many times he had try to reiterate the same sentiments and he didn't know why he thought this attempt would go over any differently. Either way, Thaddeus could only exhale deeply as he tried to sort out this situation. What on earth was he supposed to do? He was hardly paying attention to Shadow's words, focused more on his own internal dialogue as the gray stallion debated what to do next.

There was no sense in continuing to argue with his counterpart. Clearly it was getting them no where and as reluctant as Thaddeus was to admit it, he certainly wasn't being his usual receptive self to the younger one's antics. As someone who believed in seeing the best in others, Thaddeus was going against his own beliefs and that was completely reprehensible in his eyes. The great antlered Cerynei allowed his blue gaze to soften and he waited, allowing Shadow to explain himself without jumping to conclusions and interrupting.

After Shadow finished speaking his piece, Thaddeus hummed and offered an apology in hopes of creating some semblance of peace and respect between after getting of on the wrong hoof. "I apologize for insulting you. I clearly allowed my frustration with having my hoof caught from your prank cloud my attitude and that was unfair to you," he began, "but I am glad to hear you took such considerations into your efforts of setting up your prank. And while you clearly meant this prank of yours to be in good fun, I must say it didn't have quite the same effects on me, though perhaps I have grown too old to enjoy such jokes as I once did."

"Even so, I'm still of the opinion that this could have been dangerous. It's good to know that you went to such efforts but perhaps you could have concocted a prank that didn't involve trying up a vine to trap another's leg?" Thaddeus tilted his head to the vine in question, hoping that this approach may be better suited. He paused in his reply, eyes narrowed as he realized he had yet to catch the younger one's name. "While I understand the need to make others smile and enjoy themselves.... - I'm sorry, what was your name? I don't believe I caught it - there are other ways to do it that don't involve pranking them. I'm sure there are many who wouldn't have found this scenario very amusing."

The Cerynei shifted his weight on his legs, keeping his posture straight and proper as he observed the darker stallion and waited on his response. He could only hope his change in tone would result in a more productive conversation and hopefully some sort of change.

Kaya Wolf Moon
And here's a reply! I'll reply to Andromeda and Azazel at some point tomorrow (or later today, I suppose, after looking at the time). I wish the holiday season didn't keep me so busy with work @_@

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:17 am
The younger stallion waited with bated breath. He felt more assured of himself and his prank now that he had explained. While it was true that he enjoyed a good prank, his intent was never to harm another during said prank. Shadow went to great lengths to ensure absolute safety. Every minute detail would be planned out and examined before being put into practice. There were many a time, in fact, that he nixed a prank for the sake of protection. The dappled grey stallion’s accusations hurt him deeply due to this. But, Shadow was not one to hold grudges. So long as the other was willing to acknowledge his forethought.

And so it seemed that Shadow’s hope would be awarded. His mouth quirked with a grin as Thaddeus apologized for jumping to conclusions. Raising himself to a more erect posture, Shadow squared his shoulders in a gesture which indicated he felt vindication. At last! He is finally coming to understand the beauty of my pranks. With an ever-broadening grin, he gave a soft snort and bobbed his head. “Yes, yes, now you are starting to come around. While it saddens me that you have not garnered the joy I hoped, I am thrilled to hear you have come to see potential in it. It is certainly one of my more elaborate pranks, if I am to be honest. So much planning and thought, you know.”

He became lost in his own praise at that point. Going on and on about how it took weeks for him to develop the prank, to ensure that the maximum amount of fun could be had. Admittedly, it disappointed him a little in regards to what actually transpired. But it would indeed be learned from. The next prank would be even more carefully planned, if that could even be possible, and he would certainly remember to watch for the young and elderly. On and on it went. Shadow would ramble for days if he were allowed. Thaddeus’s apology bolstered his mood considerably.

Until, that is, Shadow caught on to the last bit of Thaddeus’s statement. Ears pricked forward instantly, his smile replaced with a look of utter shock. “Other ways that do not involve pranks?” Others who wouldn’t have found it amusing? What sort of nonsense is this now? The younger stallion’s jaw fell and rose while he tried to form a more coherent rebuttal. In all his years, it never occurred to him that there were other ways of bringing joy to others. That others would dislike his pranks. He had only ever received laughter and praise from his family and friends in regards to his fun. Nobody ever shouted at him or seemed unhappy. “I—“ Shadow struggled to speak, his voice lowering considerably. “I am not sure I understand. My pranks have always brought joy to others…” Dark brows furrowed deeply as he thought over the various pranks he pulled throughout his lifetime. Surely I am not mistaken…?

WC: 497

xX Green Tea Tree Xx
I know that feeling! Work can be a pain, especially during the holidays.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:16 pm
The elder cerynei watched Shadow, hoping that this time his words had finally found a hold within his mind and set in. He hoped his change in approach would finally break through the stallion's incredibly thick skull. Honestly, it was almost shocking how much Thaddeus had had to work to try and get his point across. Though, to be fair the Shadow, Thaddeus had been no better in trying to understand the younger of the two.

He rolled his eyes as Shadow ultimately decided it was time to congratulate himself. Apparently the other draft stallion still hadn't understood that Thaddeus still hadn't found the prank as thrilling as his counterpart had. He knew his words would be lost on the other, though he still tried to say something rather than nothing. "I'm glad to hear you put so much thought-" He stopped before trying to go on. Shadow had clearly gone to his own little world through his praise. On and on he went about how much time he had put in to setting up the vine that had gotten Thaddeus into this situation in the first place.

He gave a shake of his antlers, waiting for Shadow to stop at some point. Hopefully Shadow would come to a stop on his own without Thaddeus having to rain on Shadow's parade once more. Even though he knew he could be a little bit of stick in the mud on occasion when another's safety could be jeopardized by something so simple. It had been a long while since he had really thought about anything like playing pranks. When he was younger he was sure had played tricks on others, but he had to grow up quickly. There was not time for him to stay young and naive when he had his mother and sister to take care of. Perhaps it was a good thing he had met someone to remind him of his younger years...

Finally, at some point, Shadow gave pause and the gray stallion recognized concern and shock in Shadow's expression. He gave a nod of his head at the other's question. "Yes. There are other ways to make people laugh without pranking them." An amused light came to his eyes as he watched the younger stallion struggle to find his words. At long last Thaddeus had found a way to give Shadow pause. After hearing so many quick retorts to his concerns that he had shared earlier, it was a little satisfying to see the stallion grasp at straws for a response for once. He cocked a brow at Shadow's statement. "Are you so sure about that? Not once has someone outside of your immediate friends and family complained or said something? I can think of many who wouldn't particularly enjoy getting their leg caught in a trap. In fact, such a trap would make most panic. It's fine to want to make others happy, but there are always ways to bring smiles to their faces without pranking them."

Kaya Wolf Moon

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:10 pm
Shadow was at a loss for words. He did not understand what it was the gray stallion was trying to communicate. Was he aggrieved by how easily the prank had transpired? Was he attempting to give Shadow pause so that he might ponder a more cunning prank? The young stallion could not grasp it. His whole world started and ended with pranks. It was nearly the entirety of his being. To have his pranks called into question in such a manner as this… It was unfathomable. “Surely…” Shadow fumbled for his wording. His mind seemed to stop all at once. “I—I cannot…” Orange eyes flitted to and fro as he lowered himself onto his back haunches. It would have been a comical stance if not for the utter distress that he was starting to feel.

His mind raced back to all his previous pranks. He had always remembered laughter and merriment. Not a single instance of rage or anger could be summoned forth. “All of my pranks have been well-received until this moment.” Shadow uttered after a long pause. He stared hard at the ground, still sifting over his memories. That time that he had placed a cask of water in a branch… His eldest brother wandered directly into the prank, but he simply laughed it off. That time that he placed blue pigment where his sister would accidentally roll in it… She shrugged it off as just another instance of the youngest being his impulsive and clever self. And what of that time where he scared his mother by placing vines about his body? That had filled their home with laughter, after the screaming stopped of course. No. There is simply not a time that I recall ever having—

A flash of memory surfaced. The faint echo of a yell touched his ears. It was not a yell from the present, but the ghost of a scream from the past. Flesh of blue and black touched his mind. Ra’Avyn. Shadow remembered his dear friend, a former recipient of one of his pranks. The orange and black stallion had added some spice to his friend’s meal without the other’s knowledge. When Ray took a bite, his mouth came alive with fire. Shadow recalled giggling proudly at the antics performed by his friend as he searched for water to sooth himself. Only, his friend had not found it so amusing. Once the pain was extinguished, Ray had gone on a tirade about the prank. It was not the heat of the spice that set him off, though. It was the horrid memories that the prank triggered for his friend. The young stallion felt terrible after learning of the faux pas he committed.

How could I have forgotten? “There is—“ Shadow drew in a deep breath, letting it out slowly. “There is one instance that comes to mind.” He gazed up at Thaddeus and spoke more fervently. “But the circumstances were vastly different than this! I have become far more careful in the placement and utilizations of my pranks since that time!”

WC: 512

HoneyTeaTree

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:37 pm
Thaddeus watched as Shadow's face fell and his voice shook. It seemed he had indeed, finally, struck a chord with the young stallion. The gray cerynei tilted his great antlered head as he watched on in curiosity, hoping against hope itself that Shadow had finally, after so many attempts to show the male the holes in his logic, understood the point Thaddeus was trying to get across.

There was little joy in being on the receiving end of pranks, at least that was how Thaddeus felt about them. It was one thing to do something harmless, a simple trick of the sense, but to have set a trap where one's leg was caught and unable to be freed without the assistance of another? That was entirely unacceptable. Perhaps Shadow's mind was finally going over all the tricks and pranks he had played on others, perhaps he was, at last, seeing the error in his ways. While Thaddeus knew they were meant only with the best of intentions, it was time this stallion learned better.

He felt the hope in his heart sink like a heavy weight. Apparently Thaddeus' efforts were being wasted.

With a heavy sigh and a shake of his head, the cerynei lifted a cool, blue gaze to the stallion- no.... to the boy standing in front of him. Someone who was still so childish, still so unwilling to accept the consequences his actions may have, did not deserve to be referred to as a stallion. Perhaps Shadow would earn the privilege back, but all Thaddeus could see when he looked at him was a foal in need of lessons.

"All of them? You can say with certainty that all of them were truly well received? Not one of you recipients have ever been upset by your tricks and pranks?" His deep voice has no edge to it, no hint of anger or malice. He found it difficult to believe that the foal across from him had never hurt anyone, especially not after undergoing one of Shadow's pranks first hand. Thaddeus decided, after having already spent so much time with the foal, that it was in both his and Shadow's best interest to try and convey the importance of Thaddeus' annoyance and irritation. At this point it was just best to try and prompt the foal, try to help his memory recall a time he may have forgotten.

Then, at long, long last, Thaddeus saw the glimmer of realization. Shadow had indeed harmed someone unintentionally with his pranks. There was not smile on the gray and blue dappled stallion's face, only an understanding gaze that lacked even the smallest hint of judgement. He had learned from his years raising his sister that it was best to be calm and accepting during teachable moments, and he would apply that lesson now. Thaddeus could see in Shadow's orange eyes a certain franticisim...

"You may have learned from that time, yes, but Shadow, you cannot learn everything from one bad experience." He wanted to be as soothing as possible. There was no reason to make Shadow upset; that would only ruin this breakthrough moment. "What if someone who had been terrified of being tied or caught been the subject of your prank? It's one thing to trick others with harmless pranks, but to cause them some sort of physical scare like this one may have... that's where I draw the line." He nodded his head sagely, his eyes closing as he thought. "Do you see why I've been upset with you?"

Kaya Wolf Moon

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:59 pm
The draft stallion stared back with large, saucer-like eyes. The incident with Ra’Avyn had been in poor taste. No pun intended. There was no way around that one. His dear friend had left soon after the prank, stating that he needed the time and space to cool off. Shadow did not see him again for nearly a month afterward. Even when he returned, the blue and white Kalona mix made it perfectly clear that pranks were not to be enacted upon him. There were too many instances in his past that could be triggered, thus sending him into a fit. And his fits were not to be trifled with as Shadow had once learned.

But, still…I learned from that instance. Didn’t I? I never again engaged him in my pranks. And I sought to better my craft. Shadow felt his heart constrict and his breathing grow shallow. Is what he says true? Have I truly not developed my skills as a prankster at all? To call into question his skills and abilities to perform pranks. To say that he was ill-prepared and ill-mannered in his attempts. Such words cut to the very quick of who Shadow was. He lived for enjoyment of others. The light in their eyes and the glee in their laughter, it was all he truly wished.

But why did he wish it so? If Shadow could examine his actions thoroughly, he might be able to determine what drove him to perform pranks and tricks. For it was far more complex than just desiring others to be happy. Deep in his psyche, in the furthest recesses of his consciousness, there was a young stallion, really just a foal still. One who yearned to hear the laughter of someone close who had long since been lost to him. Such an intense longing had created a need within the young one. Since that laughter had been taken from him, he would not allow it to be so for anyone whom he might cross paths with. Yet, here stood an older individual telling him that his ways were ineffective.

Shadow dropped his rear until he sat on his haunches, slowly lowering his front legs till his body rested fully on the ground. His chest hurt from the pain in his heart. His head throbbing in rhythm to the quickened pace. Could I truly be so foolish? He turned his head away from Thaddeus so that the other could not see the tears welling in his eyes. “I only want to bring joy to others.” His voice broke a little when he spoke. Yori, his bonded, came up to where he lay. A little green paw stretched forward to rest on his forehead in an attempt at comfort. “It is who I am. Whom I have always been. I just…do not wish anyone to feel sorrow in this world…” The stallion stopped at the lump in his throat. Now, more than ever, he desired to disappear into the ground. He hated this feeling. A feeling of disappointment, of sadness, and of…guilt? The last he could not swear to, but it seemed right.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff