Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daffodil Movement

Back to Guilds

Guild for the Daffodil Movement, a cancer awareness movement here on Gaia. 

Tags: cancer, awareness, daffodils, daffodil, movement 

Reply Archives [threads from previous years of the event]
Team Cervical- Teal and White with all our might

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BountifulHope87
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:07 pm
Welcome to the team thread for Cervical Cancer!

Hi! Please read on to see contests, find out about this cancer, find out how to join my team, and more. I hope you'll join us here. Remember, this affects both men and women. Most people assume it's a 'Female Cancer,' but it's not. Men can carry the virus and are affected by it too.

Members of Team Cervical
Team Captain: Senorita Hope
Seren Cian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:19 pm
Please post here or pm me to join the team. If you need something teal or white to wear, or need daffodils, please pm me or quote me here. And if you want to donate to my contests or the clothing fund please feel free to send me a trade. If you want to donate to the guild to help us in raising awareness please send a trade to "The Daffodil Movement".

The Rules
The main rules for TDM are here.

Please be respectful of all. If anything else comes up the rules will be updated  

BountifulHope87
Crew

BountifulHope87
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:23 pm
ABOUT THE CANCER

Each day in the United States, 30 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer (about 11,000 women per year) and 11 women die from it. Cervical cancer is cancer of the cervix (the lower part of the uterus that connects to the v****a). Unlike other cancers, cervical cancer is not considered to be passed down through family genes. Cervical cancer is caused by certain types of a virus—human papillomavirus or HPV.

When a woman is infected with certain types of HPV, and the virus doesn’t go away on its own, abnormal cells can develop in the lining of the cervix. If these abnormal cells are not found early and treated, precancers and then cervical cancer can develop.

Human papillomavirus (HPV) affects both females and males. HPV transmission can happen with any kind of genital contact with someone who has HPV—intercourse isn’t necessary.

Many people who have HPV don’t even know it, because the virus often has no signs or symptoms. That means you can get the virus or pass it on to your partner without knowing it.

In the United States, an estimated 75% to 80% of males and females will be infected with HPV in their lifetime.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:32 pm
CONTESTS

Avi Contest
Being that this is Cancer Awareness Month I want to see the best avis made in the Dressing Room that support Cancer Awareness too! First place is 10 billion gold. This is open to all Cancer colors(ribbons).

Reminder you do not need to own items to use them in the Dressing Room.

RNG
Generate a number from 1-500. 401-430 gets you 500 million gold each time. You can win four times a day.

Pin the Daffodil- RNG 2
It's basically like an online chance version of Pin the Tail on the Donkey. All you have to do is generate a number between 1-1000 and get one of the numbers listed. The numbers are 1, 6, 8, 15, 16, 30-50, 70-75, 100, 145, 212, 222, 411, 416, 800, 890-900, and 1000. All of the winning numbers will win you mystery items worth billions.

Post for Gold
I'm also going to give out gold to the sixth and eighth poster on each page of this thread- six letters in Cancer and eight in Daffodil. Every poster on page fifteen and sixteen will get gold too. Fifteen letters in Cancer Awareness and sixteen letters in Daffodil Movement.

BountifulHope87
Crew

BountifulHope87
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:37 pm
RIBBONS
Teal and White = Cervical

All banners were made by Tonarino. If you want to make some for us too please do and pm them to me. Thanks!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.99639355][img]http://xrl.us/bekmg9/sm-m-cer.gif[/img][/url]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.99639355][img]http://xrl.us/bekmdu[/img][/url]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:43 pm
CONTEST PARTICIPANTS AND POINTS

Main Thread Post Contest
Love Renewed - llll/ l
xx I met my fate xx - l
Elneinia - l
The Only Succubus - ll
Mrs_S_Snape - l
Senorita Hope - ll
DJ Hope 1990 - ll
dreamsk - l
sup-qt - ll
Urd Tanzanite - l
an81angel - ll
Lani De Mirshanns - l
Jamie Rizelmine - l
Felkyr - l
asmindel - l
Deus F - l

Team Thread Post Contest
Senorita Hope - ll
Seren Cian - ll

Team Support Contest
Team Brain
Override Tool - llll/ lll

Team Breast
Mrs_S_Snape - llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ ll
The Divergent Wolf Pup - llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ ll
JasminRayne -

Team Cervical
Senorita Hope - llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ l
Seren Cian - llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ ll

Team Lung
an81angel - llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll

Team Thyroid
Love Renewed - llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ lll
MyDyingLight - llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/
The Only Succubus - llll/ lll
One Witchy Woman - llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ ll
havockitty -
Jestering Jester - llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ lll
Fallen_Angel66717 - llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/
hollybumblebee - llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ ll
the purple mew - llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ llll/ ll
TheLuckyOne149 - ll

BountifulHope87
Crew

BountifulHope87
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:43 pm
Reserved  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:12 pm
Hello, I'd like to join this group if it's not too late or anything. sweatdrop  

Seren Cian

Sweetest Fairy

BountifulHope87
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:36 am
Seren Cian
Hello, I'd like to join this group if it's not too late or anything. sweatdrop
Welcome on board!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:44 am
Good luck to everyone on this Event.  

TheLuckyOne149

Archives [threads from previous years of the event]