iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:24 pm
Text messages were exchanged, Algie wanting to check in with America and offering to meet for lunch on a free day. It led him to a local place that wasn't Darlene's. It was standard fare (burgers and shakes), though good considering the town atmosphere, and he was really thinking hard about the bleu cheese burger on the menu as he waited outside and read the posting of specials.

His intentions weren't entirely innocent, he was curious how the town was treating her and interested in her unique ability. But food was always a good wheel-greaser, at least it was for the older man. He also came bearing gifts, though she didn't know that yet.

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:23 pm
America arrived in a white summery dress, one of her nicest to be honest. Her hair was partially up in fancy braids and her makeup was the sort that's so light and natural that it must have taken a careful hand and a fair bit of patience to get just so. She was, in a phrase, done-up nicely. And not even her preferred slightly slutty nicely.

Seeing Algie, she waved one modestly manicured hand to get his attention. "Here, Mr. Mixlin!" And abruptly her cheeks reddened, posture going even more straight and into practically prim as he approached. Oh gosh! Oh gosh he's right there and nobody was attacking anyone else to distract her heart into thudding for any other reason than the insistent remnants of a girlhood crush.

iloveyoudie

lizbot

No Faun

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:24 pm
Algie had an appreciation for people who dressed up to go out. He was one of them, it was only proper really. America was given a wave and he moved to meet her.

"America," Alg smiled, taking her hand lightly, not quite a shake because he took her hand delicately and it was given a small squeeze. The professor's hands were remarkably warm and much larger than hers, "You look lovely today."

He actually offered his elbow to her, because he'd been groomed from a young age in women's civic associations and community knitting circles by his mother and her friends to be a proper gentleman.

"You aren't a student of mine so please call me Algie or Alg," His brows lifted, "Unless you plan on attending the college anytime soon..?"

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:40 pm
She couldn't help a breathy little giggle and, "Oh gosh," when he complimented her and took her elbow. Gosh.

"You always look lovely, oh ah...handsome. I mean thank you, sir!" She was obviously flustered, but a happy sort.

"I'm not good at the book stuff," America admitted after they were seated, biting her lip as she met his gaze with her own, wide-eyed and honest. "Been thinking of maybe a technical school if I decide to keep on, with ah...hands on stuff." And here she colored up further at the phrase hands on.

iloveyoudie

lizbot

No Faun

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:48 pm
"Ah- yes," Alg scratched his head to the compliment, notoriously bad at accepting them, "Thank you."

Menus were slid to them and he thanked the waitress, glancing across to America, "My father's always said everyone should learn a trade skill. Of course he then became a chiropractor but I guess there's nothing more hands on, hm?"

His glasses were adjusted as water was set down in front of them and he glanced at the menu, "I was eyeing this-" he tapped the paper with a finger and leaned in with a near conspiring tone, "-damn bleu cheese burger while I waited outside. Jeremiah made some bleu cheese meatballs the other night.."

He made a small noise and grabbed his stomach a moment. "I swear I thought bleu cheese was bloody awful before."

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:58 pm
At the food talk, America lost some of her awkward flush in favor of a shining eyed sort of jealousy. Hands flying up to her cheeks, she closed her eyes in a near swoon. "Oh god," she moaned, "I saw the pictures on Instagram and nearly ate my ********' phone. You're so lucky, oh my god!"

Opening her eyes with a laugh, she grinned over at the man, "Guess I know what I'm getting."

iloveyoudie

lizbot

No Faun

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:25 am
He was certainly lucky, that was for sure, and Algie was under no illusions otherwise. He chuckled a bit to her reaction though and made a face, "Well I can't get it if you're getting it! I have a very strict code about never ordering the same thing as someone else at a new restaurant.."

Very green eyes regarded her over the top of his glasses, "What if it's terrible? Or they've got one of those cooks who can't make a decent rare?"

His hand flipped in a 'you never know' motion, glancing back down, "Christ they let you customize your chips..." He murmured. Of course you could get chili fries or cheese fries, the new england staple of 'crab' fries covered in old bay, even truffle Parmesan though that was a bit much for him. "And shakes, yes?"

Why would you not get a milkshake anywhere they sold them?

lizbot
its devolved into food i apologize

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:24 pm
Laughing, she offered, "Well how 'bout we go splitsies and double our chances for something good?" It was such a familiar sort of situation that America's foot made an automatic and thankfully aborted move towards his own. Bolting up straight, hands into her lap, the girl's lines were suddenly the rigid image of propriety save for the violent return of her flush.

She'd almost tried playing footsie with Algernon Mixlin: novelist, former crush, married to her friend.

"No! I mean, yes! Shakes! Shakes are...good?"

Jesus wept.

iloveyoudie

lizbot

No Faun

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:40 pm
Algie, thankfully, was looking down at the menu at the mention of 'splitsies' but when he glanced up she was surprisingly tense looking. Was burger picking really so stressful?

"How about the Duck and Chuck?" He was blissfully clueless everytime she blushed. It still didn't really register in his mind, "A duck and beef patty with some sort of smoked apples."

His brow wrinkled, "Alright?" She seemed really stressed.

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:20 am
"Yes! I mean, yeah that sounds great." She is, at least, able to laugh at herself, finding ease in the ridiculous nature of girlish crushes that never quite fade off. There's a brief window of respite as their order is taken, and she uses it to focus on her breath for a long couple moments.

The blushing isn't going anywhere, but the nerves quiet down, allowing her to ask, once their server has left, "Do you have a fancy title n' castle back in England, too?"

iloveyoudie

lizbot

No Faun

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:39 am
After the order was taken, Alg had already pulled a napkin into his lap and was settling in more. He was actually not as outgoing as his husband so random conversations with people he didn't know well often reverted to easy pleasantries and small talk like he'd always been taught. At least until he relaxed.

"Me?" Alg laughed a little and shook his head, "No. My father's a chiropractor and my mum was a home maker. Though she associated with those of a-" His head tilted looking for the right words, "Higher station. I know it seems outdated in this day and age but back home some of that still lingers. Especially in the country."

lizbot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:54 pm
"Yeah, I think that stuff's bullshit," America agreed bluntly before giving a little start. Just how many times was she going to curse in front of this smart and dignified and handsome professor? Jesus wept, America Jones, stop acting like some shameless hussy.

Despite the internal scolding, she knew it was, very likely, a lost cause. Even a girl keyed up on crushitis couldn't help but feel comfortable around Professor Mixlin despite all the nerves and blushes.

"But..." she added, the corner of her mouth curling up, "folks here still try to get up to it. We still got the Mayflower Society, Daughters of the Revolution, Order of the Confederate Rose..." she gestured loosely toward the small mountain of other titles and organizations clinging to the acts and achievements of people long dead.

"It's mostly in the East, y'know? Like since we're closest to England n'such, we can't help but try n'copy those sorts of things."

iloveyoudie

lizbot

No Faun

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:05 am
Alg laughed, fiddling with the button on his jacket's sleeve, and agreeing, "It's total bullshit and cruel as much as it's kind for people caught in the hierarchy." He spoke as if he knew from experience.

"Oh don't forget one of my favorite imports... The Freemasons." The professor's green eyes glinted behind his glasses and whispered with a chuckle, "The Illuminati is real."

lizbot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:20 pm
The girl snickered quietly but couldn't help wondering out loud, "You think there might be some in town? Doing rich guy hoodoo in cloaks? Managing some actual..." she waggled her fingers in the increasingly common hand signal for forrealz actual magic s**t.

"Or maybe, y'know...they'll come now, with all the..." finger wiggle. "Wouldn't be surprised if this place was hit by a ton of Elvis in My Toast news folks."

iloveyoudie

lizbot

No Faun

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:44 am
"Oh I guarantee it," This was New England.

"I can support Elvis in toast... not Jesus but Elvis? Yes absolutely." The professor sipped the water that had been set down for them.

"Perhaps if we look hard enough we'll find John Lennon's face in tree bark.." His brows bobbed, "Reincarnation as a tree! Come one come all!"

They could totally make bank.

lizbot

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas