Reply ~ Main Forum ~
is this wrong Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

idiotic randomness

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:09 pm
i like skulls but normal people dont like that so i want to find materials to make as close to the real thing any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:07 pm
You want what to make what? I don't understand... sweatdrop  

[ D i z z y ! ]

idiotic randomness

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:21 pm
a skull of a human  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:26 pm
I dont find it wrong at all. My family and friends are also freaked out by human skulls. Ive found that clay/potery works best or buying a replica of one some where.  

north_of_nita

3,050 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

idiotic randomness

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:28 pm
thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 2:33 pm
You can buy real ones from a medical college or university, I think. (though you might need some special permission) Other than that, you can get plastic or plaster-ish ones online. I don't suggest building your own, for it would be near impossible.  

[ D i z z y ! ]

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:18 pm
I bought a porcelian (sp?) skull from Hastings with tribal tattoos all around it.... sweatdrop Or yeah, go to a medical center and get one, or jus ask sum1 to make a skull for ya.... stare  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:30 am
can some one give me a site on the true dimensions of a juman skull  

idiotic randomness

[ D i z z y ! ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:30 am
dreams into nights yami
can some one give me a site on the true dimensions of a juman skull

http://www.simuplast.com/anatomia/osteologia/osteologia11.htm  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:36 am
Order one on ebay.  

Maliace von Faust

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:04 pm
dreams into nights yami
i like skulls but normal people dont like that so i want to find materials to make as close to the real thing any suggestions?

It's not wrong. I think one part of being gothy is finding beauty in all aspects of life. That includes death, even though we shouldn't be morbid all the time.

In the middle ages, scholars would keep skulls on their desks. They called it a memento mori and it was meant to make you appreciate life more.

These days there are fake skulls for science classes and stuff, but they're really expensive. Maybe you could sculpt one out of plaster of paris, but I've never tried.

Sometimes I've been lucky and found skulls, which works well too. Not human, of course, but I have a cat skull on my bookshelf. I'm lucky... the family doesn't think it's too strange.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:15 am
Veruniel
dreams into nights yami

It's not wrong. I think one part of being gothy is finding beauty in all aspects of life. That includes death, even though we shouldn't be morbid all the time.

In the middle ages, scholars would keep skulls on their desks. They called it a memento mori and it was meant to make you appreciate life more.

These days there are fake skulls for science classes and stuff, but they're really expensive. Maybe you could sculpt one out of plaster of paris, but I've never tried.

Sometimes I've been lucky and found skulls, which works well too. Not human, of course, but I have a cat skull on my bookshelf. I'm lucky... the family doesn't think it's too strange.

I used to pick up the bones of seals who would wash up on the beach when I was a kid. Mom would boil and bleach them, and now I have a bag of them in my closet. I have a few skulls, and almost a complete skeleton, (but I'm missing a few vertebrae.)  

[ D i z z y ! ]

Misque

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:30 am
Maliace von Faust
Order one on ebay.

Ya dude, you can get anything on ebay nowadays.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:32 am
[ unnamed ]
Veruniel
dreams into nights yami

I used to pick up the bones of seals who would wash up on the beach when I was a kid. Mom would boil and bleach them, and now I have a bag of them in my closet. I have a few skulls, and almost a complete skeleton, (but I'm missing a few vertebrae.)

Thats awsome...sadly I can not say i have anything like that.  

Misque

Ms. Chaos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:31 pm
my mom has a small rat skull
and i just looked at her and she has a skull on her shirt, led zepplin i believe [i dont know if i spelled that right]
I like skulls i think that they are a cool fashion statement like on a belt or a pin, i have some skull necklaces as well xp GO SKULLS!!

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff