Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:40 pm
User Image

He had a bit of a happy jaunt to his step today, he had taken Ayodele's advice and put in to become a scout. He had taken his shifts in paroling the boarders, keeping an eye out on anything and anyone that might be a risk, or danger to the pride.

And it seemed he was quiet good at it! For once, his monster paws were good for something. He'd even sparred with some of the others to keep his skills honed and on point, and again his paws came in handy for a good heavy blow.

But today was his day off, and he had spent a good portion of it searching around for the ruby eyed lady who had changed his life, and honestly had been on his mind plenty beside. And with such a large pride, and so many who lived in it, this was seeming to be an impossible task.

DavyJnah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:02 am
User Image

She was sneaking again watching the one she wanted to call a mate. They had only met a few times now but each encounter had been a good one. She had told her father about him after the first time meeting the male with the large paws. Even said she had kind of nudged him to become a scout. It would be better than trying to scare up each and every prey beast out there. Once she felt he was sufficiently distracted the female leapt towards him. Not in an aggressive way as she was far from him when she landed, but enough to possibly startle him.

"Hello Shya." Purring his name at the end. She liked saying it. "You are in for a surprise today!"

Oh and what a surprise it would be. She knew her father would come to say hello to the male on her behest but she wondered if there might be any others who may join them from her family. If they did, she would not turn them down but she'd keep them on their toes.

"I hope that everything has been going good. I heard about your change in status." Referring to him becoming a scout. She had not felt so good about herself and her smarts. Other than taking down large prey as was her job but something outside of it. That made her feel good.

Mogami

Ovarian Paint

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:59 am
Ovarian Paint

User Image
Rei wished he’d had more time to prepare for the meeting with Ayo’s potential mate. There were only so many teasing jokes and discreet pranks one could think of in such short notice. His closest friends were on duty at that moment and he hadn’t been able to rope a couple of Ayo’s siblings into joining him today – and that was a real shame. Nothing said ‘Don’t hurt my baby girls’ like showing up with an army of uncles and older siblings in tow… oh well, it was just not meant to be.

And then Fate smiled upon him as he saw Kwende and his son had no chance to escape – nor did he truly want to, clearly judging by the knowing grin Kwende offered his father as the situation was explained to him.

---

Kwende
No. Kwende most certainly did not regret the opportunity to embarrass his sister while making sure that any male who showed interest was aware of the repercussions of hurting any of his siblings. This was just like any other ambush he performed during his regular hunting duties only he hoped today’s prey was clever enough to realize he was the target of an ambush. Briefly, he thought his sister had enough material for a carefully planned little retribution but he put it out of his mind.

“Oh… I think I see them there. Hey, sis!”
he called out cheerfully, too cheerfully, though half a second later he was slightly taken aback by the sight. The lion – who he had seen a few times before he’d turned Scout – wouldn’t stand out at a family reunion. He showed, in fact, a strong resemblance to his father.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:59 pm
He jumped slightly startled by the sudden appearance of the lady who lurked in his thoughts more often than he figured was appropriate, but the grin that spread across his muzzle was a mile wide, and he couldnt control it.

He wasn't sure exactly when it had happened, but he had fallen quiet hard for this lady before him. She made him want to be better, to shift the status quo.

"Hello Ayodele.." He said with an equal purr, he enjoyed her name, but he enjoyed her company even more so. A brow slowly arched, "A surprise? What more of a surprise could I ask for than to see you." He took a slightly bold step and lightly nosed her cheek.

"All is well, and at least now prey isnt spread far and wide from my spooking them." He teased.

Though his ears perked, and his head turned at the familiar family call, he stepped back from her and could feel his heart wedge itself in his throat.

DavyJnah

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:39 pm
His startled reaction caused her to giggle a little. How could the other be a scout if he was going to be so dang jumpy. "Oh Shya. If every time I see you I startle you we might have a small problem." He probably wouldn't be like this while out patrolling so her little tease was just that, a tease. Her ruby eyes lingered on him a moment until she heard the surprises she had in store for them. Well she expected her father and a few others, she was happy to at least see one of her brothers.

"Hello father... Kwende." Giving them both the biggest of grins. "Shya, my father Rei and my brother Kwende." She padded up close to her brother and bumped shoulders with him, "If you do anything funny I'll fight you." Saying it quietly before returning to Shya's side. "This is Shya, I mean he can tell you his full name but you know its a mouthful." Chuckling and bumping her shoulder against his as she sat next to him.

This was going to be fun and hopefully not embarrassing.

Mogami

Ovarian Paint

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:34 pm
Ovarian Paint

"Pleased to meet you."

Rei had to admit that his desire to badger the poor male subsided briefly as he caught sight of the younger Scout whose coat was of a shade of orange not far from his own. His eyes were green, a color Rei had seen in four of his own boys in his two litters with Mzuza and a pink nose that instantly reminded him of his son Mheetu. The mane was a relief, at least. As far as Rei knew, a black mane was not family trait he could claim and even if it might be present in Mzuza’s family line, it had never come up in their two litters.

So he probably needn’t fear a blood connection even though… there had been that one rogue lioness that he’d met before returning to the Pridelands and fathering his second litter with Mzuza. It was highly unlikely he was closely related to the younger male and he trusted Ayo to have investigated a possible connection – especially in a pride where so many lines shared a strong resemblance - but the tiny spark of concern was still there.

Even so, he would never have said anything as openly impolite as…

---------------

“Oh wow, sis. I knew you were a daddy’s girl but this is a little too much…!” Kwende ignored the way his father sighed with a well-practiced grin, congratulating himself on his not-quite-whispered-enough little jibe. He hopped closer to his sister after they'd bumped shoulders, eyes sparkling and looking terribly unrepentant.

“Seriously, he not only looks like dad but now he’s a Scout, too?” He moved closer to Shya as he followed Ayo, his eyes turning dead serious for a second before the heavy intensity was suddenly gone. He he returned to his casual teasing in the next instant, sending his father an exaggerated suspicious look right before he looked at Shya again. "We could totally be brothers!"

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:08 pm
He bowed his head in respect to the older male and elder scout. Though he couldnt deny how much the pair and he seemed to look similar, though he knew there was no blood connection.

"Mi'Shyamal, is my name but please, by all means call me Shya." He said with an easy going smile, even though he thought he was going to explode at any second, father, and brother of the lioness he had more than friendly feelings for, oh what trouble had he gotten into?

He chuckled. "Looks like it, but thankfully its not. My mother met a rogue, and well passed after birthing me, my grandmother who too is now among the stars is who raised and brought me here. I am the last of my family line within the pride." He said it easily, though the touch of sadness lingered in the back of his tones. "Though Sir, I would like your approval in courting your daughter." His eyes widened, when had that decided to slip out?! When had those thoughts even formed..Whelp..there it was.

DavyJnah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:29 pm
Ayo lunged at her brother. Wanting to tackle him tot he ground like the prey she held in her paws upon that comment.Oh she was so mad! It was not a funny joke and she let him know that by fighting him about it. Oh yes, Shya looked so close to family but it wasn't because of that she had liked him. She liked the more natural look to him. Plus his gentle heart was something that seemed to light the fires in her heart.

"I swear Kwende." A low growl emanating from her as she continued to pin him. "You're lucky you're my brother Kwende." Stepping off the male but giving him a firm glare. "I so hate you."

Then padded over to Shya and sat next to him. "Any other smart words that may come out of your mouth you might want to hold them or I'll put my claws in you. See how precious I am after that."

At least her father was being good sport. She still padded up to Shya and nuzzled him. She liked him and that was that. Her brother was going to have to shut his trap or she was going to shut it for him.

Mogami

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:28 pm
Ovarian Paint

Rei hadn’t expected the sudden, obviously heart-felt request – then again, judging by his expression, the young lion professing his interest in pursuing Rei’s daughter hadn’t either. Which was… kind of sweet, he had to admit, as well as faintly reminiscent of his own anxious-but-trying-not-to-show-it request to the King for the honor of taking the ruler’s sister as his mate. And he couldn’t deny a certain amount of sadness and kinship at being the last of one’s line… like Rei had been until he’d surrounded himself with a million cubs and their cubs. It had worked out alright.

It was more of a formality in this case as the final decision would be Ayo’s alone but it was a little hard to hold back his approval and so the warmth was there in his smile when Rei spoke again – very obviously ignoring the little scuffle between his son and daughter as if afflicted by selective blindness.

“I’ve heard good things about you, Shya. But Ayo’s opinion is what matters the most to her family.” He tried to convey some measure of formality past his relaxed demeanor. “So if this is what she wants, I will not oppose it.”

-------------

“Ow, ow ,ow, sis. Easy with the claws!” A pinned Kwende said, his voice cracking a little.

Kwende looked at his father with a slightly betrayed smile. This wasn’t the plan. They were supposed to make this male – Shya – sweat a little more! He sent his sister an unrepentant grin, briefly considering her threatening words and worrying that she might actually mean them. The couple looked open and genuinely serious about each other.

Orange coat, black mane… Kwende didn’t remember – or perhaps he’d never known – which color the eyes of famous Taka had been, brother to the King of the Past whose stories Kwende had loved as a cub. It would be funny if they’d also been green, it could mean Shya might have deep roots in the Pridelands. If true, they might actually be distantly related. Kwende eyed his sister for all of two seconds before deciding to keep those thoughts to himself.

“Ah well, if it makes you happy, sis…” he said but couldn’t help sending a little all-too-innocent smile at the young Scout while still addressing his sister. “And if you become unhappy, well… you do have fifteen siblings.” We’ll set the whole family on Shya.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:35 pm
If he could, he would totally smack himself upside the mane. Of course it was up to her, what was he thinking? What if she only thought of him as a friend, or another brother?

Mentally he was just strangling himself, he could have really just muddled something important to him up, and muddled it badly.

He was a friendly guy, and there were plenty he saw on the daily, but Ayodele was special, she was important to him and if she only wanted to be friends, then he would swallow his pride and leave it at that.

At her brothers words though, he choked. "Thats 300 claws, and 450 teeth, and thats not counting your father and mother.." He almost panicked, but instead he simply swallowed the fear down, and chuckled. "Though after what I just saw..Ayodele might be the more dangerous of all 300 claws and 450 teeth."

DavyJnah

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:42 am
"You don't have to worry about my claws or teeth Shya. At least... not unless you make me angry and you aren't going to do that... right?" The last bit was less of a threat and more of a tease as she ended it with a very toothy grin. She hadn't really heard what her father said to Shya, more busy beating up her brother. Whatever they had been talking about she was sure it alright. "I am sure they won't be doing anything dumb either." And nuzzled the male. If her decision wasn't known before it was now.

"Father." Then glaring at her brother, "I... I want Shya to be my mate." That was going to solidify everything. Simple. Easy. Well not to easy, butterflies bumbled in her tummy and she had to press against Shya. Her father already knew she really liked him but here it was, all out in the open. What she really wanted. "I hope mother approves." The princess of the pridelands. "Oh right. I should tell you. I'm uh... kind of royalty. So is Kwende. My mom... She's a princess."

Would that complicate things at all? Would that make him run away too? Oh boy.

Mogami

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:21 am
Ovarian Paint

Rei merely tilted his head in amused interest at the quick counting, not even bothering to try and confirm the overwhelming number of pointy weapons that would be aimed at the poor male if he were to hurt his daughter. He liked the sound of that. So he chuckled, deep and heartfelt before taking in Ayo’s declaration.

“If that is what you want. I trust your judgement, always.”
He said, sincerely. “Do you have plans for a new den?” A den. Then cubs. It felt like only yesterday that he was looking down at his tiny golden daughter walking by his side and now… he shook the memories away, feeling a little saddened and happy at the same time. His little princess. Not literally, but close enough.

-----

Kwende looked a little worried about the threats… for all of two seconds. There was genuine happiness in his expression as his sister spoke to their father, showing how serious she was about the younger Scout, but that quickly turned into a wicked look when Shya spoke.

“Ah, I see it now. He’s not all there.”
Kwende said, sagely. He couldn’t help it, Shya just made it too easy. “A perfect match, sis. Many felicitations. And yes, I’m sure we can introduce dear Shya to Uncle Simi… the former King. So I guess we might be missing a few claws in your count… oh yes, we also have a few grown nephews and nieces. And uncles and aunts. And a few kind-of uncles...” Oh, his sister was going to kill him. But their father looked just about ready to adopt the Taka-lookalike so it was up to Kwende to give the male a hard time. Or so he decided.

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Ovarian Paint

Bashful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:45 pm
At her touch as she leaned against him, any worry and doubt he may have had simply melted away, a deep vibration echoed through him, his purr was more on the silent side with deep vibrations to it.

He gently nosed her neck before her next words struck him, he froze for a moment, deep breaths he thought to himself. Of course, she was royalty, honestly he shouldnt have been surprised, she seemed like it. Just that gentle, grace that seemed to ooze from her.

A new den? yes of course they would need a new den..he didnt sleep in one, and well she would deserve only the best. He only wanted to give her the best, the best he could give.

His eyes fell on her brother, and he slowly nodded, trying not to show fear, this guy seemed to be on top of making sure he knew his place. And honestly, Shya was happy for it. Family was something he missed greatly, and he could see the love bond between the three of them. "Your mother's a princess, your uncle the former king...and you've enough family to not leave a shred of my hide if anything to happen to you. Alright, I cant wait." He said with a chuckle as he gazed down at her, she was worth it.

DavyJnah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:16 am
Oh Kwende. Her dear older brother. Her father mentioned a den. She had her own den, it was not large but it had been something. Now it would not hold both of their large bodies so probably getting a new one would be good. "A new den would sound lovely. I'd be happy to explore with you on finding somewhere suitable." Nuzzling Shya again.

She was chuckling at the male a little, her purrs interrupted by them. Yes there were many teeth and claws that could used were something to go wrong. Not that she thought that anything would. "Everything will be fine." Giving a glance at her brother. Then saying to both her family members present, "I am glad both of your showed up and at least one of you was more tolerable than the other." Nudging Shya a bit in a 'we should probably get going to other things' type of move.

Mogami
Probably start wrapping this up.

DavyJnah

Ruthless Werewolf

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:40 am
Ovarian Paint
This might be my last post! <3

Kwende knew when a battle was lost and he had to admit this new guy seemed determined and decent. Not a bad addition to the next family gatherings. Kwende still hadn’t given up on giving the male a hard time but he was thinking of lowering the intensity of the hazing a bit… perhaps just get his siblings to visit the guy… one at a time… one each day… for the next few weeks. With a little planning, he could probably find a way to schedule daily surprise family visits around the Scout. Shya would like that, suuuurely. Actually… he looked like he might actually like that, Kwende grumbled quietly to himself.

“Don’t look at me like that, sis! Dad’s the one who wanted to come and test your new friend.“ He stood and moved past his sister, brushing his shoulder against hers in passing, his tone turning wicked. “But I see you want some alone time. I’ll get out of your way.”

--------------

They looked good together, Rei thought to himself, the corners of his maw turning upwards ever so slightly while his purple eyes narrowed with warmth. And he was a big fellow and surely no coward if he was a Scout and willing to risk the attention of a few dozen lions for his interest in Ayo.

“Well. You look happy.”
At his son’s accusation though, Rei’s expression turned to one of dramatic innocence - that hopefully didn’t fool anyone. “Me? Don’t be silly, son. I’m sure you simply misheard. I was just eager to meet Shya.” His eyes did harden a little as he also moved to stand next to his daughter, placing his head gently over hers as he sent a tiny warning glance at Shya, demanding respect and restraint during their ‘alone time’. “I’ll see you soon, princess. Bring Shya to meet your mother soon before she tracks him down as well, alright?”

[IC] Pridelands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff