Welcome to Gaia! ::

The D-Party

Back to Guilds

Because we like Diedrich. And Parties! 

Tags: Diedrich, Grunny, D-Party, Party, President 

Reply Archives: Where all old threads go to die.
Election Event Planning- OPEN! Check inside for link! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hassli

Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:37 pm
THE EVENT IS UP!!!!

Hello! We need to plan our election event!
Please post suggestions for contests or set up!

I emailed the Gaia staff so hopefully they tell me if we are having an official event with this or not.

How do we want to set up? the US election is November 8th. Do we want to do Just November 8th, or do we want "early voting" to open on like the Friday before or something?

Event November 5th-8th.

Name ideas? D-cision 2016?

Contest Ideas:

Campaign avatar?
Campaign poster?
Scandal Mongering
Never-Ending Debate
Exit Poll
Campaign Trail

Other Ideas:

Voting booth (if no official event from Gaia)

Donations:
Send trades to D-Party

Art:
Please let me know if anyone is interested in helping by making art for the banners!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:58 pm
this would be the time to inaugurate the Scandal Monger contest  

Creamy Filling

Fluffy Treat

an81angel

Loved Lunatic

32,740 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:05 am
I am not very good with this sort of thing, but i will do what I can to help out.

Early voting means more people can have a change to get involved.
But does that make too much work for us?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:39 am
Creamy Filling
How do you think we could implement that?  

Hassli

Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Hassli

Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:40 am
an81angel
I am not very good with this sort of thing, but i will do what I can to help out.

Early voting means more people can have a change to get involved.
But does that make too much work for us?
probabky about the same work  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:45 am
Hassli
Creamy Filling

I thought it would work as a contest thread:

Scandalmongering!

entries would require

1) a Headline (eg. "Diedrich Seen Tiddling his Winks at the Park")

and

2) Artwork representing the obviously-doctored incriminating photograph

or

2) a Paragraph written in tabloid style describing the scandal

Or maybe both? Extra points for both? Two separate contests?  

Creamy Filling

Fluffy Treat

Hassli

Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:35 am
Creamy Filling
Hassli
Creamy Filling

Scandalmongering!

entries would require

and

or

That sounds fun! I like the set up a lot!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:12 pm
Hassli
Creamy Filling
Hassli
Creamy Filling

Scandalmongering!

entries would require

and

or

That sounds fun! I like the set up a lot!

I love that idea too! And along with counting the headline/drawing/article as separate contests, maybe an even bigger incentive would be to have an ultimate scandal prize. Like that item with the avi-sized magazine cover (if it's even affordable), or something otherwise super scandalous/tabloid-y. Specifically for the person who gets the most votes from all 3 categories combined. Sorta like how we weigh votes in other contests based on everyone's top 3 choices, but this would be whoever has the most nominations across the board. Just an idea.

P.S. Sorry for being MIA for a while, guys. It's been a bad summer for me, but hopefully I can be around more often now.

...aaaand now I go back to organizing Mule-kun's inventory like an obsessive maid... *whistles innocently*  

Arynaria
Crew

Interstellar Duck

31,100 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Nerd 50

Arynaria
Crew

Interstellar Duck

31,100 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:20 pm
Hassli
How do we want to set up? the US election is November 8th. Do we want to do Just November 8th, or do we want "early voting" to open on like the Friday before or something?

I would say Friday "early voting" is a good idea. Most people have school/work on Tuesdays, and anyway it'd be better for us overall to have an event lasting more than one day.

Expanding on stuff you listed:

Campaign avatar:
I may be going against the grain here, but I think we should have a wider range of acceptable item/theme options for this category, because otherwise everyone's going to just pull from the relatively small pool of USA + President Diedrich-related items. There won't be much variety, and it would be more difficult to judge if multiple avis are good, but too similar.

Instead, how about the following themes:

1) Red/white/blue color scheme, similar to color entries on the Runway. It could also be red/white/blue + Diedrich (chartreuse), but focusing on creative use of colors instead of items.

2) Similar to the above, but specifically for anyone who can make their avi look the most like the US flag without using any US flag items. Think of how creative people could get with that.

3) Historical/significant people or figures. George Washington, Lincoln, the Statue of Liberty, one of the candidates, etc.

4) Historical/significant non-human things like buildings, locations, or objects (as little of the body of the avi showing/obvious as possible). Like the White House, the Constitution, Liberty Bell, and so on.

Campaign poster:
This one usually has a pretty good submission rate IIRC.

Scandal Mongering:
I recommend including an example encompassing all 3 categories (headline + drawing + paragraph), just in case people aren't sure how demented they can get with it. xd

Voting booth:
How would that work if it's handled by D-Party people?

New ideas:

"Never-Ending Debate" (just for fun):
Or a similar title. Basically, create a thread (or ask people to preface the post with a Debate/Rebuttal/etc BBCode header) where people can argue complete political nonsense at each other, even if it doesn't make sense or answer anything they're arguing "against". Main rules would be to avoid direct insults to specific Gaians (which is TOS anyway) or putting people down based on IRL party alliances. But general nonsensical attacks against fake parties are fine.

If anyone has ever played "Never-Ending Sentence" in a forum, it could also be kinda like that, but the rules would have to be made pretty clear to avoid confusion.

"Exit Poll" (contest):
A text contest where people complete the phrase "I voted for Diedrich because..." or "I voted for [the other candidate] because..." and maybe other starters. The goal is to come up with the silliest and/or most logical reasons, which will then be voted on based on creativity and funny factor.

"Campaign Trail" (RNG game):
Post a full image of the US, maybe with silly or Diedrich-ified names instead of real state names.
Assign the numbers 1-50 (or 51 for DC) to the states.
Have people use the RNG and then note which party (Diedrich or an alternative, or a write-in) they support with their roll.
Whatever state corresponds to that number gets a vote for that party.
At the end of the event, votes for each state are tallied and a new map is made up so we get to see who won each state and by how much.

Not quite a contest, but it could be a really fun(ny) activity for everyone involved, especially if a lot of people participate. If you guys like the idea, I can see about making a mock-up of the map.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:47 am
Arynaria
Hassli

I would say Friday "early voting" is a good idea. Most people have school/work on Tuesdays, and anyway it'd be better for us overall to have an event lasting more than one day.

Expanding on stuff you listed:

Campaign avatar:
I may be going against the grain here, but I think we should have a wider range of acceptable item/theme options for this category, because otherwise everyone's going to just pull from the relatively small pool of USA + President Diedrich-related items. There won't be much variety, and it would be more difficult to judge if multiple avis are good, but too similar.

Instead, how about the following themes:

1) Red/white/blue color scheme, similar to color entries on the Runway. It could also be red/white/blue + Diedrich (chartreuse), but focusing on creative use of colors instead of items.

2) Similar to the above, but specifically for anyone who can make their avi look the most like the US flag without using any US flag items. Think of how creative people could get with that.

3) Historical/significant people or figures. George Washington, Lincoln, the Statue of Liberty, one of the candidates, etc.

4) Historical/significant non-human things like buildings, locations, or objects (as little of the body of the avi showing/obvious as possible). Like the White House, the Constitution, Liberty Bell, and so on.

Campaign poster:
This one usually has a pretty good submission rate IIRC.

Scandal Mongering:
I recommend including an example encompassing all 3 categories (headline + drawing + paragraph), just in case people aren't sure how demented they can get with it. xd

Voting booth:
How would that work if it's handled by D-Party people?

New ideas:

"Never-Ending Debate" (just for fun):
Or a similar title. Basically, create a thread (or ask people to preface the post with a Debate/Rebuttal/etc BBCode header) where people can argue complete political nonsense at each other, even if it doesn't make sense or answer anything they're arguing "against". Main rules would be to avoid direct insults to specific Gaians (which is TOS anyway) or putting people down based on IRL party alliances. But general nonsensical attacks against fake parties are fine.

If anyone has ever played "Never-Ending Sentence" in a forum, it could also be kinda like that, but the rules would have to be made pretty clear to avoid confusion.

"Exit Poll" (contest):
A text contest where people complete the phrase "I voted for Diedrich because..." or "I voted for [the other candidate] because..." and maybe other starters. The goal is to come up with the silliest and/or most logical reasons, which will then be voted on based on creativity and funny factor.

"Campaign Trail" (RNG game):
Post a full image of the US, maybe with silly or Diedrich-ified names instead of real state names.
Assign the numbers 1-50 (or 51 for DC) to the states.
Have people use the RNG and then note which party (Diedrich or an alternative, or a write-in) they support with their roll.
Whatever state corresponds to that number gets a vote for that party.
At the end of the event, votes for each state are tallied and a new map is made up so we get to see who won each state and by how much.

Not quite a contest, but it could be a really fun(ny) activity for everyone involved, especially if a lot of people participate. If you guys like the idea, I can see about making a mock-up of the map.

Great ideas! I really like your never ending debate lol

The voting booth would basically be a poll in a thread and the only option would be Diedrich/Carl 2016. Maybe a "Straight D-Party Ticket" option (which would vote for Diedrich/Carl 2016)  

Hassli

Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Zana Bonanza

Crew

Team Diedrich

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:47 pm
I was gonna say, do we even have other candidates? whee

Ary's on a roll.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:27 am
Those are some great ideas! 4laugh Maybe we could focus a little less on the U.S. in some contests, though, and use Gaia-things instead? Don't get me wrong, I understand if you also want to do some things that relate to the U.S. elections, but I don't live in the U.S., and Diedrich is running for president here on Gaia, not in the U.S. I would personally really like it if some of the contests or events were purely Gaia-related.
For example, instead of the U.S. maps with states, we could use a map of gaia with the different towns. And the towns have flags and colours as well, so we could also use those in combination with diedrich-y things in an avatar contest?

BTW, the scandalmongering contest sounds especially fun!  

Yanea

Magic Celebrant

Hassli

Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:48 am
Yanea
Those are some great ideas! 4laugh Maybe we could focus a little less on the U.S. in some contests, though, and use Gaia-things instead? Don't get me wrong, I understand if you also want to do some things that relate to the U.S. elections, but I don't live in the U.S., and Diedrich is running for president here on Gaia, not in the U.S. I would personally really like it if some of the contests or events were purely Gaia-related.
For example, instead of the U.S. maps with states, we could use a map of gaia with the different towns. And the towns have flags and colours as well, so we could also use those in combination with diedrich-y things in an avatar contest?

BTW, the scandalmongering contest sounds especially fun!
I agree! It's a Gaia Election!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:05 am
Since no one has volunteered to donate any art, I am probably going to go fishing for art now!  

Hassli

Captain

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

lil invader

Alien Friend

11,350 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Alien Invasion 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:35 am
Hassli
Since no one has volunteered to donate any art, I am probably going to go fishing for art now!

i'd be happy to donate some art! Can I just ask what would be needed, what kind of banners etc?  
Archives: Where all old threads go to die.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games