Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[prp] impromptu sleepover of the not sexy kind (con & temp)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:18 pm
It was at his suggestion- no, make that insistence- that Temp crash at his place after the fairy ball from hell that led them both to his apartment after they had taken Melany to the hospital. He hadn't been comfortable letting her go home alone, and hell, he wasn't so sure he wanted to be alone himself, after everything that had happened, though he'd never admit as much out loud.

What they had done....Well, what Temperance had done, mostly, though he had certainly contributed, and he had the sore arms and shoulders to prove it, had not exactly been met with applause. No, more like hostile shouts and further attempts at murder, actually, which meant that it was fairly safe to say that it had been a very unpopular choice. And since they, along with Jordan, had been the last ones seen with Melany...

Well, let's just say that Connor had some concerns. Ones pertaining to safety, mostly.

The apartment door was unlocked and swung open. Connor's mask had been long discarded in some random trash bin, and the tie that had been wrapped around the knife wound on his hand had been replaced by hospital bandages.

As for the rest of him, well, blood stained and disheveled pretty much summed it up.

"Home sweet home." He muttered, tossing his keys towards a small, nearby table against the wall as he entered his sizable apartment. Inside, his pet Rotty, Peeble's, was already letting out little yips and whines of excitement from her crate in the living room, paws scrabbling at the gate, eager to be free.

"Bathroom's over there" He pointed towards a short hallway beyond the living room, "First door on the left. Towels are in the closet beside, my rooms the next door up and the spare rooms across. If you need clothes, raid my dresser."

He had other matters to attend to before he could clean up. Like his dog who was probably dying to go outside, and the pack of smokes he had accidentally forgotten to grab before he'd gone to the ball.

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:39 am
Temperance felt exhaustion wave over her and she ducked into the shower at the speed of light. Her dress was left in a heap on the floor: trash. It was a bloody mess of jagged edges where she'd torn it to press the cloth against wounds. Next time, she thought, she'd wear something more absorbent.

---

Some time later, she emerged, bright pink from scrubbing and in a t-shirt and sweats she'd found in Connor's dresser. Her bra had blood soaked into it as well, but she resolutely wore it; it felt like she wasn't clean either. Maybe it never would. "Connor?" she called out.

She moved back into the living room and sighed. "What... what do we do now?"

seussi

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:06 pm
While Temp got herself cleaned up in the shower, Connor found a change of clothes for himself (jeans, shirt, jacket...H wasn't preparing himself for bed but for a walk after all), and after giving his face a quick wash in the kitchen sink, he grabbed his cigarettes, let loose his hound, clipped on her leash and hauled her outside.

----

He didn't leave for long. He was too uneasy, always glancing over his shoulder as he led Peeble's along, and once she'd completed her business, he'd headed back immediately, finishing his cigarette and lighting another before as he went inside. Once back in the apartment, he listened for sounds to indicate if Temp was still in the shower, before making himself comfortable on the couch in his living room, where Pee-bubs clambered up onto his lap as if she were a much smaller dog than what she would soon grow into. Still, having her there was comforting, and rather than tell her off, he stroked her softly between her ears.

When Temp joined them, he took time to slowly exhale a cloud of smoke.

"Well..." He began, and paused, unsure himself of what would be best. "If she's as dangerous as everyone was indicating by their shouts of rage and attempts at murder, I would say we should probably tell somebody with some ******** authority where she is so she can be monitored." He supplied, obviously having already been thinking about this.

"Thoughts?" He asked, knowing full well that she would have some.

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:50 pm
She sunk down into an armchair, wrapping her own arms around herself. "I can't believe you smoke." For a moment, she debated trying to tuck her feet up under herself, but that just wasn't a thing tall girls were often able to do.

At his question, she sighed and took a moment to push hair hair back behind one ear. "I... I... you know the guy who tried to stab her, the one who blocked our way? He's a cop... what's gonna stop him from trying again if we have her watched by cops]/i]?" And who else could watch her? It wasn't that she necessarily disagreed with Connor, but that if Shun tried to murder Melany in her hospital bed, then that would defeat any kind of point.

seussi

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:41 pm
"Ya well, just don't ******** lecture me on it." He said, from around his cigarette, before taking another long drag and exhaling it slowly. "I'm allowed at least one vice, and I'm starting to think I'm going to die long before it ever kills me."

He fell into silence then, and just let Temp talk. What she had to say about Shun he already knew. The detective had, after all, brought Chel to the party. While he didn't know much about him except that he looked like he was perpetually both emotionally and physically constipated (likely because of the large stick up his a**), he did know that he was a cop.

"So, we just have to go above that a*****e." He shrugged, "What do you know about Mercer?"

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:41 pm
"Yeah, yeah." She waved away Connor's admonishments. She sighed.

"I don't know a lot about Mercer. I know Zac - Zac Bantock - calls him dad and he's.." She rubbed her face. They couldn't tell Shun, but was Mercer better? "Mercer is with Algernon, the guy that h-helped Adoelle die." The lesser of two evils, maybe.

seussi

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:39 pm
"Somehow I'm not even surprised. Some people just seemed to be involved in all of the s**t, one way or another." He sighed, and gave Peebles a light scritch between her ears.

"Mercer always seemed like a decent guy to me. And that other guy, that helped that woman....she wanted to be the tithe, Temp. I know, it's still murder, or assisted suicide, I know it was awful to watch, I was ******** there, and it was easy to pass blame at the time....but it was going to happen, no matter who wound up on the council. I don't know if there's any chance it wouldn't have."

the semblance of unity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:29 pm
She sighed, agreeing with him. It just concentrated around some, or good or ill. The Temperance sighed again.

"Look, I know what I think about it, and there were chances and..." She dragged a hand through her blond hair. So many missed opportunities, so much failure. It could have all been prevented. "It's fine, just... tell Mercer or whatever."

seussi

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas