Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:54 pm
It had been raining for six days now, which was cool except for the fact that Lily's phone wasn't waterproof and she was on a deadline to make more videos for her channel. Getting horns at the ball had netted her a whole twelve subscribers on youtube, and a selfie of hers that she posted on Instagram was getting likes for the spooky halloween vibes, but she knew social media was a fickle mistress and she needed to hop to it while her face was still trending.

Fifteen likes didn't really count as trending, but it was as trending as she was going to get.

She'd let her channel mostly run by the wayside after everything had happened at Blackfriar's, but in an attempt to establish some sense of normalcy in her life she'd taken up the habit of blogging her daily routine. It wasn't doing much other than getting her out of bed, but it had gotten her out of bed, which was a victory in and of itself.

(It was hard to tell how quickly the days were going by. None of her fruit ever seemed to go bad.)

Lily started her Saturday with a walk on the beach, wearing dark workout clothes and holding her phone in a zip-loc bag. She loped her knobby legs around the paths of goo, where they appeared, and occasionally glanced up at the cloudless sky. It wasn't fair, really--anything this wet needed to compensate by also being properly dreary.

There were figures, other people combing the beach as well, but Lily took no notice of them, at least not until she saw someone on a mat. Staring curiously, she began to weave her steps through the debris over to the person, wanting to get a better look.

Whoever was doing yoga in the rain was metal as hell.

Kolina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:02 pm
The weather had been terrible lately. Just rain. Rain every day, and really, Juniper was tired of letting it run her life. The few hours she had free each day she had holed up in her apartment and read or played her violin, but it got to the point she was feeling antsy. She’d gone several days without doing any sort of yoga (Cause her room is far too small to even lay her mat out) so she finally came to the decision that she didn’t care how wet she got, she was going out to do some exercising. Of course, that meant toting her mat with her to the beach to go through her salutations and sequences.

When she arrived though she had been surprised to see the jelly-like things scattered all around. At first she had thought they were pieces of jellyfish but upon closer inspection she wasn’t so sure After all, how could so many jellyfish just die like that? Plus, hadn’t she heard someone mention about the jellyfish population being fine? She thought she had heard that conversation between two customers at work but couldn’t quite recall when.

It was all peculiar indeed, along with that random mini earthquake they had had the other day. It was like Ashdown was falling a part at the seams and Juniper began to wonder if this had any connection with Other Ashdown.

She didn’t let those thoughts consume her though. She needed to do some yoga, so she had found a relatively clear spot, free of the jellies, to lay out her mat and get to work. She had worn a long sleeved shirt with a hood that was pulled up over her head to try and fend off the rain, but it didn’t help much. She was soaked through rather quickly, and the rain was making her mat incredibly slick. She had managed to get through a few poses and stretches, stumbling here and there as a hand or foot slipped out from underneath her, when a pair of feet came into view as she was doing a downward dog.

Giving the pose one last good stretch through, she let herself drop to her knees and looked up at the woman that was watching her. “Hey.” Juniper waved after pulling her sopping wet hood off of her head. A few pieces of blonde hair that had come free of the messy bun on her head stuck to the side’s of her face and forehead. “You wouldn’t happen to know anything about this, would you?” She gestured to the jellies that lay scattered around. “I wasn’t really expecting to come to the beach and find a jelly graveyard.”

total: 449

Amitotic

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:46 pm
"Sup." Lily continued to watch, but gave the other girl space, making no attempts to move any closer. She shuffled in her dark jacket, shrugging at the girl's question. "I dunno, I'm not an authority on any of this, but give me a minute, I can call a guy."

She fiddled around with her plastic bagged phone, the material slipping under her fingers, and after a moment she gave up trying to go for the punchline. "...Nevermind, that uhhh, wasn't really funny, I guess." With her bangs wet, they just barely crept into her vision, and with a black-nailed hand she wiped them to the side of her forehead.

"You were at the ball, right?" It was hard to be certain with all the masks and the makeup and the fancy dress, but she was pretty sure this girl was one of the blondes who had gone maskless for...probably no reason? The one that wasn't Sailor V. "I figured you might be more in the know or something, had some connection with the weather man or whatnot." It was a botched use of the punch line she was going for, but a recycled joke was better than an outright dead one.

Kolina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:01 am
Juniper stared at the girls horrible attempt at a joke before exhaling a single laugh. "Alright. I guess I deserved that response." She stood up, brushing sand off of her legs. It was at this point she was glad she had decided to brave the cold on her bottom half and wear shorts instead of yoga pants, showing off her long slender legs. Doing yoga in sopping wet pants would have been very uncomfortable.

"The weather lately has been...interesting." She remarked. Even for her, someone who doesn't own a TV or have internet, has heard about the crazy reports. Not to mention that odd earthquake they had experienced. It was like the apocolypse was coming and only to Ashdown.

Blue eyes snapped up at the other woman at the mention of the ball. "Yep. I was." She gave a wry smile. "Fairly easy to pick me out considering I tried to hand over my mask to a tithe and then never put a new one on." She shrugged. "At least it makes it easier for me now to find out who was there and who wasn't."

She stepped off the mat to cross over to the woman. "Juniper Wilcox." She said, introducing herself and holding out a hand.

count: 209

A2MItotic

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:35 pm
“Hah,” Lily coughed, a weak attempt at a laugh, “Makes us opposites, then, I had a mask but didn’t need one, I guess.” She’d offered hers up in the parlor, but the others had been so concerned about the doubles, about the ones that were already slated to be tithes, that they wouldn’t take it until everyone else had been masked. Joke’s on them, then, since her mask had simply crumbled into glittery dust at the end of the night, unused and worthless. It could have just as easily been this girl on the dais, her pale neck frothing bubbles of red.

Lily’s expression faltered.

“Name’s Lily,” she responded, staring blankly at the hand before remembering that she was supposed to shake it, doing so only after a moment’s hesitation. She shook once before she pulled away, her hands cold in the drizzling weather. “I had, like...a moon mask or something. Dress like a big red feather duster. Ears out like this.” She cupped her hands alongside where her ears normally sat, miming the extended look they had in her were form.

“That was a pretty solid upward dog you had going there,” she nodded, glancing back to the mat. “You practice a lot out here?”

Kolina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:03 pm
The dress she had described couldn't be forgotten, that was for sure. Juniper remembered vividly seeing Lily in the parlor, as she had mentioned. "Right. I remember liking your dress. It was really unique. Was it something you wore or did the fae magic have something to do with it?" She questioned conversationally. "You are a Were, right? That's why your mask was practically pointless for you to wear?" She glanced at Lily's ears at the miming to them, trying to picture what they had looked like, but that sort of detail of the night was a bit much. There had just been too much going on.

"Thanks! Yea, I like to come out here from time to time. The sand makes for a bit more challenging workout since it shifts underneath. " She glanced around at the wet sand. "Well, normally it does when it's dry. I tend to frequent the park more often but I wasn't keen on practicing on wet, muddy grass. Wet sand is easier to clean off my mat. Do you practice yoga? Not too many people can pick out moves by name unless they've studied it before."

As she stood there chatting with Lily, Juniper unconciously dug her toes into the wet sand, enjoying the cool and gritty texture under her feet. Eyes shifted back to the gelatinous blobs on the beach. "Do you suppose they're jellyfish?" She said, as she nodded towards one of the things not too far from them. "I wasn't keen on touching them since I've never been fond of jellyfish. Got stung too many times when I was a kid on family vacations."

wc: 273

AMItotic

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:04 pm
"Unique was a word for it," Lily said, tilting her head as she glanced away. "That was some fae magic or whatever, my budget for the ball was, like, twenty bucks." She'd actually just recycled an old costume (what kind of millionaire got to spend money on an outfit they were going to only wear once), but the ball saw to it that she was properly outfitted anyway. Most of her wardrobe was found in consignment shops, half-worn and threadbare and then dumped in some black dye, so it was nice to have a change of costume, even if the red had been...ostentatious.

"Yeah, I teach down at the rec center on campus, and I make videos and stuff like that for youtube," she replied casually, scratching at her neck. "I get what you mean about the sand, though, it makes it an extra challenge to hold your balance." She didn't have her mat with her or she would have offered to bust out some asanas together, have a bonding experience.

Lily glanced down at the blobs near her feet, nudging one with a boot-covered toe. "I dunno. Never seen a jellyfish in person. They sound pretty shitty as a concept, though." She shook some of the sand off of her heels in vain, then shrugged, looking further down the beach. "Someone told me that it's all because the otherworld is starting to leak into this one, because we messed up at the ball."

Kolina

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:01 pm
Juniper grinned. "I take it you didn't much like the dress they suited you with?"

Like Lily, much of Juniper's closet was made of things purchased from a consignment shop. And also like lily, her original dress for the ball had been plain and very unsuitable for the extravagance of the evening. Her own dress had been altered, though, if she was going to be honest, Juniper had adored the dress.

"Oh? That sounds interesting. What do you teach there? What sort of videos?" Give Juniper an inch and she'll go a mile with trying to learn as much as she can about anyone or anything. "Sounds much better than my boring retail job. I want to pursue theatre, but money and basic necessities have been taking precedent over getting to auditions." She shrugged casually.

Glancing to the jellies again Juniper wrinkled her nose. "That....would make more sense. The Other Ashdown thing. I mean, it's been kind of crazy the stuff happening. Plus, this terrible rain reminds me of over there."

amitotic

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:01 am
"Nah, I mean, it was cool, it was just...poof," Lily said, motioning with her hands at her hips to represent the sheer amount of fluff that had been there that night. "Lots of swishing action, unexpectedly difficult to get through doorways." Her original plan had been something resembling a Morticia Addams look, though she supposed the fae found that a little too on the nose for such an event.

"I mean, I don't really get paid to teach, it's more of an internship school thing," she shrugged. "It's mostly vinyasa, but I do some pilates stuff for heat and sometimes the people bring in some more spiritual people to do sound bowls or whatever. The videos are just kind of whatever. It's a fun thing to do."

Idly, she pressed down on one of the jellies with the tip of her boot, feeling it squish in the sands. "We weren't supposed to let that girl die. Like, we weren't supposed to let anyone die, but out of the number of people that could've died, that was, like, a huge rookie mistake."

Kolina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:02 am
Juniper grinned at the very apt description of the dress. She really hadn't thought about the annoyance of such a voluminious dress and navigating around the ball. "Welp, you can chalk it up to experience then."

"It still sounds interesting though, paid or not. I may have to stop over sometime. Assuming I can?" She questioned with a curious expression. After all, getting into a class where she may get to practice some other things would be very nice.

Arms crossed as she glanced down at watched Lily squish one of the jellies. "No one should have died. Plain and simple. I feel like we are playing in a game with rules we know nothing about and are just floundering around trying to make sense of it all." She sighed and shrugged. "Perhaps that's just my own feelings on it, but...it all feels like a intricately woven web and the spider is just waiting to swoop down on us."

Amitotic

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas