Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[QRP] all the pretty flowers (Pax&Isobel)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:25 pm
The garden of Isobel's house looked quite different in Other Ashdown; for one thing, it was immaculately landscaped where the real world version was still a bit of an overgrown mess.

For another, it was also currently in another season, judging by the state of it. Tibbie and Nibbs were making leisurely turns in the garden, exploring it with interest - it was nowhere near as colourful as the Secret Garden, but it was still pretty she thought. Even with the greyness of Other Ashdown.

Every time she'd passed over to the dim side of Ashdown she'd done so away from home; this time she'd stepped out of the back door and bam, washed out colours everywhere. She'd closed the door behind her without exploring the house and frankly she was a bit afraid to go in there, not knowing how it might look here.

For now the garden was fine and she'd stick to that. Eventually she'd probably have to venture inside again in search of an exit, but until she'd gathered her courage for that there'd hopefully be enough out here to occupy her.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:36 pm
Pax was nestled into the garden there, carefully plucking dead leaves from plants with a strange, shadowy appendage. It let them drop once it was done with them; the brown stems were shored up with rich, loamy earth.

It is not raining

any more

said the Peaceful One.

It is time

to care for the flowers.

ephebe

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Ephebe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:15 am
This would be a whole lot more concerning if she hadn't already seen this person at the ball, Isobel thought. As it was she hesitantly moved closer to Pax, shy smile at the ready, "I, um, noticed - about the rain that is, not the flowers. Although I suppose if one's into gardening it's always time to care for the flowers. Except out of season - although there's always indoor plants and such." Noticing her own rambling, she stopped and blushed, propping an errant lock of hair behind her ear. "Anyway! Hi? It's nice to, um, meet you; I'm Isobel, or Tibbie if you want!"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:58 pm
Hello, Isobel,

said the Peaceful One.

Plants are not happy

in stone pots

they need

the sun.

And the rain.

Ephebe

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:05 pm
"They're... they're not?" Her voice was hesitant and she looked a bit crestfallen. "I keep some and they're really growing very well! I thought that meant that they were happy??" Some of them had been growing so well she'd been meaning to replant them into bigger pots, actually - but this put a bit of a dampener on things. "But surely, if the alternative is being outside when it's bad weather - isn't being inside in a pot better?" Wringing her hands and shifting on the balls of her feet as she waited for the answer, she really hoped that it was positive and she had not, in fact, been making her plants sad when she'd thought to give them a good life. That'd be terrible!

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:54 am
Pax blinked quite slowly, one pair of eyes at a time.

Are you happy

in cages?

When your roots

cannot spread?

It seems to me that

one could still grow

even so restrained

Ephebe

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:44 am
"Åh," where Isobel had been a bit crestfallen before, she was now fully so. She'd been mean to things she loved and she hadn't even known!

"But what do I do then? Should I replant them outside? Only some of them are a bit tropical and I'm not quite sure they'd be able to make it here-" she hesitated, brow wrinkled in thought. "I'm not sure... are there adoption programs for plants? Maybe someone somewhere warmer could take them and put them in their garden. But I've never heard of anything like that before - have you?"

Actually that was probably a silly question, on second thought - they seemed far too magical to be embroidered in something so everyday. But what then?

shibrogane

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff