[PRP] Fairytale Bullshit (Preacher & Sunny) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:39 am
She walked the shore, kicking up sand as she went, studiously avoiding the weird as ******** gelatinous masses. Even the ocean looked weird, the normal greenish color something more blue.

"Sparks fly from her fingertips..." Preacher half-sang as she walked. She'd heard a witch lived on this shore and in her spooky-time quest, it only seemed appropriate to visit. However, she was kind of getting bored. "Echoed voices in tha niiiighhhht. She's a restless spirit on a endless flight. Woo hoo witchy womaaan~" She kicked a shell onto a globular mass and it shimmed from the impact like jell-o. Preacher wondered if anyone had tried eating this s**t.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:09 pm
"That was rude, mija," said Sunny. She'd made herself a nest on the breakwater, a bright green sweater over her ratty purple hoodie. She was singularly eye-catching, in other words, which begged the question: where had she come from? She hadn't been there a moment before. "Kicking things. Not nice."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:23 pm
"M'not your daughter. You Sunny?" Preacher made her way over, trying not to kick s**t or step in the gelatin. How had she missed seeing her? Witch s**t, Preacher was sure.

"Didn't think it would hurt like... unless this jelly junk is alive." She frowned. "Is it?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:04 am
Sunny shrugged. "I don't know. The shell used to be, though. Something's home."

Her home had recently disappeared into thin air, and she was rather put out about it.

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:56 am
"Isn't home just like, a construct to make us feel better about belongin' or some s**t? I mean, not for lil' shell dude, they need it - but us humanish folk." She shrugged. The amount of times she'd heard 'this is your new home! made it seem a little ridiculous. Home was a house with a pillow if she was lucky. It seemed odd to put such weight on a transitory thing. Her tent was her home, for lack of a better word, but if a hole ripped right through it, she'd be more put out about sleeping in the elements than anything else.

"Anyway, I didn't think 'bout it like that; m'sorry." She was more sorry that it seemed to upset Sunny than anything else. "I'm Preacher, by the way. Are you really a witch?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:08 pm
Sunny blinked. "It's important for humans to have homes, too," said Sunny slowly, as if she were talking to a child. "Home is important. Emotionally. I think. Maybe?"

She shrugged. "I'm getting pretty tired of people only looking to see if I'm as monstrous as they think," she said. "I don't think of myself as a witch."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:59 pm
"To have houses, maybe." Preacher shrugged. "Food, water, shelter, y'know? That ain't sayin' home can't be, like, important to you. Just not to everyone. Def not to me." Concepts were important, just this particular one seemed.. not right for Preacher. That didn't mean others could hold it close, she supposed, even if it seemed silly to her. Like wanting a nuclear family and a white picket fence.

"Where is your house, home, what-have-ya? I just heard you were on the shore a lot n' stuff. And I didn't think ya would be monstrous - it was more like... kind of cool if you were, cool if you weren't." She looked at the water, frowning at how dark it was. "What d'you end up doing for fun out here?"

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:10 am
"Don't have one," said Sunny. "I'm not human. I don't need one." She shrugged. "Mess with people. Tell fortunes. Things like that." She pulled her knees up to her chest beneath the lime green of her sweater. Her Uggs were utterly disgusting to behold. "Why?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:32 am
"Okay, fair enough. Just sounded like ya wanted one is all." She twirled an errant lock of her hair around one finger. Abruptly, she stuck her hand in her pocket and pulled out two squished, but still edible fruit roll-ups.

"Want one?" She held it out. "And I dunno. People said I'm too nosy, gonna meet with a bad end, y'know - the usual. But if I don't ask, I'll never know. I guess I kinda thought you might be a part of the whole 'spooky s**t' stuff Ashdown's got goin' on, but you seen pretty chill." Sunny seemed kind of weird, but mostly weird in the normal way. Reminded her of a kid she knew briefly - except that kid never spoke, only watched. She chewed thoughtfully.

"How much is it for a fortune? When you're like... workin' n' s**t." Maybe Sunny had s hop in town and it would only be polite after hassling her to drop in and give her a little business.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:23 pm
"I don't deal in money," said Sunny. "The things I want are a lot harder to part with." She shook her head at the fruit rollups. Normally food was an excellent way to Sunny's heart, but she'd been troubled lately. "What kind of prediction are you lookin' for? I don't do lottery numbers." Even though she totally could.

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:48 pm
"I guess that's good; I'm kinda broke as a joke anyway." All of her money was strictly tied up for getting a place to stay - for the most part. She allowed herself some frivolities, or she'd go nuts. "Prediction, hmm. I dunno, like how to save the world or not ******** up everything?" Preacher shrugged and grinned sheepishly. She hadn't really thought about it. Then she paused. If Sunny didn't take money, what did she take? Sexual favors? Weed? Incredibly detailed cross-stitch?

shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:04 pm
"Which world?" Sunny was interested now, unfolding herself from beneath her sweater. She was not very leggy, and stretched out she looked kind of like a teenage kid more than a grown woman. "And what're you willing to give?"

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:13 pm
"How many are there? And I dunno, I guess the 'real' world, if that's a thing." Though what that exactly meant was anyone's guess. "As for payment, like... do you do the whole 'take a year off the end of my life' thing or? I dunno what I'd have that you would even want. What d'you normally take?" Obviously not Visa or Mastercard. For a moment, Preacher looked vaguely defeated. She was kind of nothing, after all, and it showed right now.

shibrogane

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:18 pm
Sunny picked at the skin around her fingernails. It was growing into a nervous habit, a click-click-click of scraping sound. "A man promised me to return three children if I showed him where they'd gone," she said. "A man promised me he'd take responsibility for all of his actions if I gave him the power to interfere with the other world... After that, I think they wised up."

Pick, pick, pick. She chewed a hangnail, staring off into the middle distance.

"There's two worlds. You can only save one. One's Harry Potter and the other's Voldemort, and neither can live while the other survives."

The Semblance of Unity

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:28 pm
"Well, then, ain't ya supposed to pick Harry Potter? Sure, the kid was an a**, but he wasn't tryin' to rule the world darkly. But... which would you pick?" It didn't make sense for worlds to not be able to co-exist hypothetically, but hey, maybe one world was spooky s**t and one wasn't. She frowned at the nail-picking. That sure as s**t wasn't good for Sunny's nails, but Preacher couldn't say anything because they weren't friends. Still, her eyes were riveted to Sunny's picking.

"Men. Luckily, I am no man. But if we're goin' in the vein of that, I could promise not to ******** it all up." She grinned, a joke. "Your payment is promises, yeah, sort of? There's lots of promises that're easy to keep. Just gotta have fortitude. Promises to come back, to keep on, to I dunno..." She dragged her boot toe through the sand.

shibrogane

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces