Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:55 pm
He stopped in for a little tea, he thought it might be nice to pick some fresh flavors up since he was going to try and see Heliodora, he wasn’t so much worried about getting stuck there, but he was considering spending time. The water he could heat there, that was true. He hoped…despite everything he’d find her, or he’d find answers.

He was so…damned tired honestly. Which was part of why he had a question for Eve, which brought him right up to the counter, dark circles under his eyes and all.

“Eve I - do you have a moment? I have – I have a question.”

cibarium

elkbones

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:59 pm
Eve didn't know Zac as well as she would like to, given he was Jeremiah's son and all. When he appeared at her counter, she was more than happy to have the chance to talk to him. After peering disapprovingly at the dark circles and fatigued demeanor, she replied, "Only if you plan to sit down for a while and take a break."

endejester
elkbones

cibarium
Crew

Noob

moonjavas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:29 pm
Blue was wandering, his dogs crowding around his feet like two furry bodyguards, when he caught sight of someone disappearing into a teashop. And honestly, it could have been anyone. It could have been a trick of his imagination. It could definitely have been nothing. But the thing was that Blue was starting to realize that strange things happened in Ashdown, and stranger things seemed to be happening every day.

So of course Blue set Victor and Trinket down outside and trailed into the tea shop, tilting his head as he caught sight of the other person. When he realized that there were two in the shop though, he made a soft noise of dissent and felt idiotic for tailing a stranger inside.

"I'm sorry," he said, "Am I interrupting something?"

endejester

cibarium

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:48 pm
“I – oh- god I’m sorry. I’m Zac. I’m sorry.” He stammered out realizing that he’d gotten far too used to hearing about Eve without really knowing her. “I um…” He glanced around for a seat and settled carefully onto the edge of it.

He started to ask another question but someone else came up just then , and he had to pause, blinking up at the face, and that tangle of curls.

“…Blue?” He said after a moment.

elkbones

cibarium

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:55 pm
"Hello there," Eve amicably welcomed in the second customer, sitting back and watching as recognition dawned on Zac's face. "You two know each other, then? Friends, I hope."

elkbones

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:35 pm
Blue blinked, tilted his head, and stared at Zac, his eyes narrowed slightly in contemplation before he said, "Zac? You're... taller." He'd last seen the other in elementary school - maybe middle school? It was strange.

Blue turned his head to Eve as she called out to him.

"Maybe?" Blue questioned. "We knew each other on a playground once, at least." He paused and added, meekly, "Hello. I'm Blue."

endejester

cibarium

moonjavas

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:49 pm
A tired but enthused grin spread over Zac’s face and he nodded.
“Yeah, I mean if you asked my mother she’d have said that would never happen but – “ He waved his hands to encompass the new comer.
“ Yeah, this is Blue, he moved away… like… a few years after Jer.”

“Are… you visiting? Did you move back?”

elkbones

cibarium

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:04 pm
"Well, good to meet you. I'm Eve, and this is my store. Have you gotten the magic-is-real talk yet, by the way?"

Zac's question could wait a few minutes.

elkbones
endejester

cibarium
Crew

Noob

moonjavas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:30 pm
Blue smiled at Zac, his face cat-like and pleased. He was glad that his assumption hadn't been wrong. He was a little sorrowful that for not having grown an inch since middle school, Zac was taller than him here and now.

"Are you still living with that old guy?" He asked, one eyebrow quirked in amusement. The question made him pause, and his eyes roved over the tea and the shop before finding Zac again.

"Moved back, for the time," he said, as though the words were carefully picked. "My coach is in Boston, so it's an easy commute, and I have a rink here that's relatively unknown for use." He shrugged, soft at his corners. "It's a nice training place. Do you still live here?"

He turned to Eve at the remarkably bland statement, took of all five seconds to stare at her blankly before saying, "Is this it? Am I a wizard? Do I get to go to Hogwarts?" And then he side-eyed Zac. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

endejester

cibarium

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:15 am
"Yes! I mean, no... I mean, I moved out not so long ago but we still, talk and things?" The enormity of how much had changed since they last saw each other hit home in that moment. Especially after the magic question, which honestly got a wide eyed look of alarm from Zac.

Zac after all believed that 'the more you knew about it', the more likely it was to suck you in. But he squashed it after a moment, maybe she knew what she was doing. After all He hadn't heard anything from Preacher about anything.

"Uh - Not exactly. I think it's more like 'A series of Unfortunate Events' rather than 'Harry Potter".

He wondered briefly if there was going to be a 'no, they aren't contacts' conversation.

elkbones

cibarium

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:37 am
"You must have missed the weather we've been having lately," Eve observed, after noting the look Zac was giving her. "Rain, without a cloud in the sky for miles... strange lights around the ocean too. There's plenty of pictures and videos online if you don't believe me." She had a subdued, but confident grin on her face. Learning about magic in ashdown was no longer a case of if, but when, and if present trends continued it was likely going to become unavoidable altogether. "Have you taken any, Zac?"

elkbones
endejester

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:48 am
Blue quirked a cool brow at Zac, curious and concerned and a little bit confused at the same time. Everything in this town had gone from bad to worse and he wasn't sure he liked the shift.

"Fun book series, bad place to get stuck living," he retorted, dryly. "The detective told me magic exists, but honestly I didn't believe it until - things."

He looked at Eve, frowning.

"The weather here is kind of hard to miss," he retorted, "But I'm not a scientist. At first I just thought it was some bizarre weather phenomenon. I guess you're here to say that's not the case?"

cibarium

endejester

moonjavas

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:40 pm
“N-No I haven’t taken any videos or pictures.” He admitted. “I considered it given how pretty the ocean was with that blue-purple and the strange lights. It may have been sort of Eldritch but…” He shrugged and glanced at his shoes for a moment before looking back up.

“I mean, I think the eyes are a pretty good showcase now.” He said with a small shrug and turned his gaze up to his friend from once upon a time.

elkbones

cibarium

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:48 pm
"You've guessed right." Eve nodded at Blue. "What we've been seeing are... consequences, of recent events. Things are different in the other Ashdown as well." She was confident he would follow along with her on this point without more explanation, as either of the Detectives he could have spoken to on this would have given a good one already. "Probably something along the lines of the boundaries between worlds falling apart."

The woman frowned in thought for a second. "Theoretically I should have a problem with this, being a moonwalker and all." Then she looked to Zac. "Which, I'm guessing, would bring us to your question... granted your friend doesn't mind."

elkbones
endejester

cibarium
Crew

Noob

moonjavas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:20 pm
Blue watched the two of them speak, his eyes narrowing at the continuation of all of this - strangeness. Blue was already a person with a lot on his plate, he didn't need Silent Hill knocking on his door either. And his teeth were still bothering him...

"Oh, so you're part of the furry group?" Blue asked Eve, perking up slightly. He remembered this tidbit of information. "I don't mind - but if this Silent Hill s**t gets in the way of me getting into the Prix again, I'm going to kill whoever's behind it and damn the consequences."

cibarium

endejester

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas