[PRP] Know It All (Preacher & Zac) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:55 pm
Preacher kicked a rock and it pinged off the side of a building with what sounded like a deafening crack. She winced, and kicked another rock. The place was utterly deserted, though it didn't feel all post-apocalyptically. What were people supposed to do here when they were alone, anyway? Kick rocks?

Something rustled in the grass and she whipped her head around, the dark cloud of her own hair obscuring her vision. Nothing. She sighed and plopped down on the sidewalk, legs outstretched.

"I'm ********' bored."

endejester

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:04 am
Footsteps replaced the rustling sound she had heard.

A measured pace, half distracted pace. The steps faltered though, and stopped completely when he saw her.

"....P-Preacher?" He stammered. "Oh no...."

The Semblance of Unity

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:19 pm
She threw a pebble at his shin. Of course, of all the people to come strolling through this section, it was him. Preacher would have to prepare her ears for some 'I told you so's. Ugh.

"That ain't a nice greeting, Zac."

endejester

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:23 pm
“N-No! I didn’t mean, I just meant…” He stammered “I just meant, I was hoping I was wrong, but you’re here, and that’s not always bad but it’s bad often enough that it’ a worry and are you ok? You haven’t seen any creatures have you? I mean Gloom is okay but – are you stuck? I mean I can take you home.”

No 'I told you so's' yet at least.

The Semblance of Unity

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:46 pm
Preacher frowned up at him. Everyone was so damn tall... though it probably didn't help that she was sitting on the ground. She patted the spot next to her.

"Gettin' a crick in my neck looking up at ya." Gloom? Creatures? "I don't think I'm stuck, just bored as s**t. What's Gloom - what're creatures?" She sighed and dragged her fingers through her hair, wishing her hair tie hadn't snapped in half trying to contain her considerable mane. The wind was warm and dry on her face and she sighed.

"How come it's not rainin' here?"

endejester

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:16 pm
He settled beside her and gave an apologetic shrug. “I’m not that tall for one, and… I don’t now why it’s not raining. I assume the same reasons the water in Regular Ashdown has turned black and we have a curfew. I know it won’t mean a lot but, it’s… “ He swallowed against the lump that formed in his throat.
“There was a cage, it’s broken now. What it was trapping is loose now and, I’m not sure any of us know what that means”

The Semblance of Unity

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:11 am
"You're tall enough." She stretched her legs out in front of her and wiggled her feet. When she was so short, everyone seemed like trees.

Poking him in the shoulder, she continued: "If we don't know what the cage was cagin' or what it being broken means, why do we care?" Sounded like a bunch of mumbo jumbo to her. The blah blah is broken, enemies of heir beware or something.

endejester

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:07 pm
“Because apparently it was holding back someone who nearly destroyed the world? I don’t know if it held back the spell too but, I’m sort of guessing from the fall out that yes, yes it did.”

“So um… yeah, you ended up here.”

If that didn’t sound like it was verging on an ‘I told you so’ well….

The Semblance of Unity

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:30 pm
"So a cage was holding something big n' bad. Now it's free. So... you gonna try to cage it again? What d'you mean by the spell?" It seemed logical to put the cage back. She didn't know what 'the spell' was, but it sounded important-ish. Zac earned a hard look for his next sentence.

"Yeah, I'm here - so what? And did you find your Heligirl?"

endejester

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:46 am
“I… don’t know if we’re going to try and re-cage it honestly.” He admitted.
“I don’t know what the majority want to do honestly. Defeat the… Enemy once and for all maybe, I think right now a lot of people are just trying to figure out who of the … not humans have a goal that most closely aligns with what will be good for us. Though I feel like it’s mostly who gives us the best sales pitch honestly.

The Semblance of Unity

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:55 pm
She made a rather rude pppthhhbbbtt noise. "Why kill whatcha can cage? Like what's the ********' point to anything even?" Preacher just didn't get it. If people outside the cage had to break the cage to get at the thing inside... wasn't it less of a cage and more of a shield?

"Also, you dodged my question."

endejester

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:04 pm
“Defeating once and for all does NOT necessarily mean killing, I mean at least… I hope not but –“ He flinched and looked away – sighed heavily.

“I had no luck with Heliodora, someone… well someone killed her right before I went back to see her. I’m never fast enough. I’m just … I don’t know.”

The Semblance of Unity

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:17 pm
"Are ya kiddin'? Doesn't always mean, sure, but mostly does. Specially if it's a live thing - like what's the difference between defeatin' and keepin' it in a cage if not dying?" She caught the flinched frowned at him. Preacher's frown only deepened as he continued.

She stared holes through him for a minute. "That's rough, buddy." Not fast enough to what - magically know she was gonna be offed and fly over? "Did you know she was gonna die?"

endejester

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:57 pm
“… Yeah, I had a pretty good idea if I didn’t get her home it would happen.” He admitted and sighed. “Not fast enough like, I didn’t go back to her in time. Like maybe if I had gone back the second I got out of the Library, that’s all.”

It wasn’t all… but it was his part that made his failure at least.

“And I know it mostly does, I’m just kind of tired of people killing each other, or killing things that look human.” He shook his head.

“Makes me worry about the people in this town honestly.”

The Semblance of Unity

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:04 pm
"Yeah, but you didn't know the exact deadline n' s**t. You're not Sonic the Hedgehog unless you have some pretty big secrets, dude." She echoed his sigh. "You better not be blamin' yourself."

Frankly, Preacher had not know people had a history of killing other things. Weird, that. "So... what're you gonna do if 'the enemy'-" She used air quotes at this point. "-looks human and everyone still wants to off it once and for all?"

endejester

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces