[PRP] To a T(ea) (Shiloh & Zac) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:53 pm
    Shiloh wasn't really one for tea, but he also couldn't deny the boons that it brought. Jamie had him drinking some nasty-a** s**t that did wonders for his exhaustion, and with sleep being such a commodity these days it was an absolute godsend. Not to mention the fact that Jamie seemed really into tea regardless of things and well; that's what led Shiloh here of all places.

Not that he knew the first thing about purchasing tea, but he figured it would be something like purchasing coffee, except he had never done that either. The shop itself was easy enough to find, and the pungent scent of leaves immediately assaulted his nose when he walked into the establishment. He knew what sort of stuff Jamie liked, sure, but this? There were so many options and so many things that... it felt like walking into a store after they rearranged it, except he hasn't even been in this store so he was twice as confused as the normal guy. Still, this shouldn't be too hard, right? Just had to replace the stuff they had since they ran out, make it back home, prove he could do simple mundane s**t like grocery shop...

He shuffled over to a promising looking rack, immediately confused by the advertising of "black" tea and "green" tea and all the "other" tea that was presented. Where the absolute ******** was his sleepy time hush hush chamomile blend? What sort of tea did that even fall under? Lord this was hopeless. No wait, maybe this was it?

"Spiced chai..." he murmured under his breath, not really wanting to buy it but feeling compelled because he had already taken it off of the shelving. Actually, the name sounded sort of... nostalgic.

word count: 292

endejester
SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG ILU THANK U 4 UR PATIENCE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:43 pm
Zac was watching the examination of the teas; there was a sort of expression on the young man’s face that said he might, might be a little lost.

“Have you had spiced chai before?” He asked “I’m sorry, you just looked a little um –“ He didn’t finish the thought deciding it would be rude. “Sorry, I mean, I just come from a pretty, tea oriented house, and you just chose one of my favorite kinds.”

His own treasures were a winter tea, bitter by nature with juniper and other woodland berries, but one he enjoyed tremendously, and of course some chai of his own.

(105)

Melancholies
No worries!

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:54 pm
    Shiloh very nearly jumped, because he hadn't expected to be approached in the store, least of all by someone who wasn't an employee. Still, once he had a chance to regain his composure, he didn't look too bothered. Zac's words made him turn his head down at the box of pouches in his hand, not recognizing him for a second.

"N-No..." he admitted, clearing his throat, "No. Uh, honestly, I don't really like tea that much." he wasn't going to pretend to be some sort of connoisseur; people who argued tea over coffee or whatever the hell often sailed right over his head, because he didn't find himself belonging to either group. They both tasted like slightly flavored water and he failed to recognize any "sweetness" in them; they were both bitter at the end of the day. Bitter, steaming hot water. "But some blends help me sleep, I guess."

And that was why he was here, really. "My friend likes the stuff a lot more," he still hadn't looked up at Zac's face yet, instead turning himself back towards the shelves, "But we ran out... you wouldn't know where like, chamomile stuff would be?" it was all strangely mundane for a conversation topic, but Shiloh didn't seem too bothered. Sooner he could get his s**t and jet, the better.

It was then when he finally looked to Zac, waiting for his response, that he immediately recognized him from the ball. Many things had been a blur that night; those helping Melany had not. Still, he hadn't been like the blonde haired women, because Zac left along with that other girl, Isobel. He could chalk up their actions to a misunderstanding, merely wanting to help, not understanding who Melany was. Then again, the others were probably like that too, weren't they? It didn't satiate his sheer hatred for them, though.

word count: 602

endejester

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:40 pm
“I do actually.” He nodded. “Um… the chai can be really nice but its way more of a wake you up kind of tea.” He said waving a hand at it. “It mixes well with green tea though if you do it right, also with milk it can become very deserts, right up there with hot coco. Chamomile is over here though, that and lavender, so long as its not in a black or red tea can be pretty good at helping you sleep. Really what you want is herbal though.” He moved to stand beside the teas in question and pointed to a few containers.

He gave a small nervous smile

“I hope that helps a bit.”

Melancholies

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:30 pm
    "Wow... you really know your s**t, huh?" Shiloh seemed somewhat amused, somewhat placated. It was like when Jamie drawled on about his fish or whenever he found himself rambling about the nuances of color theory. Listening to people speak about the things they found fondness in was always an easy ticket to making Shiloh mushy.

He was reaching for the chamomile, and then again extended his hand for a container of the lavender, "Jamie likes this stuff, I think." he was talking more to himself than anything, but it was still loud enough to sound like casual conversation. "Oh s**t, this smells nice..." he had grabbed a herbal blend off of the shelf, sniffing the packaging without looking at the label to see what it was. If anything, he could at least draw a parallel to coffee here; the stuff smelled amazing, even if he wasn't crazy about the flavor.

Maybe it was just an acquired thing. Like, the more you drink it, the more you like it type of thing. It made sense to him, anyway.

"Anyway yeah, it does help." he was being rather amiable for once. It just felt... nice, having a normal conversation, having some small shred of routine back after his time in court. "...This probably seems strange, but have we ever met before this?"

word count: 822

endejester
LATE TAG screams

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:47 pm
Zac looked pleased to be referred to as ‘knowing his s**t’, he liked helping, he always did but, at the mention of ‘had they met before’ – he looked…. Embarrassed. Looked away and adjusted some of the tea on the shelves.

“Um… The… Ball…” He admitted. “…Where I was, making uninformed decisions after… being horrified that people just, went with choosing, who got chosen? I um, I learned later how much I missed.”

Melancholies

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:19 pm
    "Mm..." the sound was soft in the back of his throat, like Shiloh was thinking over what Zac had to say. "With Madam..."

He still couldn't bring himself to utter Melany's name, and it would probably be quite a while before he was ready to tackle it. Even the thought of her made him physically sick. Presently, he was still handling himself well enough. "I remember now, you were with the girl—Isobel." They had both left. The other ones there had not; they let her live, they saved her, and it twisted up inside of his gut.

"I guess it doesn't matter much anymore," he admitted ruefully, "She lived, but it wasn't because of you." the confusion, the chaos, he could understand the miscommunication. "But I meant before that—we never met? You never met a me who was a real d**k or anything?" he didn't know the depths that Beel had inflicted on the general Ashdown public, aside from what he had done to Jamie.

endejester

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:57 pm
Zac shook his head. “n-no. I am still working on meeting more people outside of, um, horrible things happening in strange other worlds.” He admitted.
“It dosen’t help that I… seem to have something like a passing ‘sneak’ skill, people just don’t seem to notice me, even when I’m at work unless I either want them to or I call attention to myself.”

“… If you mean the um, Fetches.” He rolled his shoulders. “I’ve, met at least one but it wasn’t yours. If I had to be honest, I am surprised people seem to be… choosing what happened to you, especially knowing what they are capable of.”

Melancholies

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:13 pm
    "Yeah, I guess meeting like that was kind of unfortunate..." he trailed off, plucking another box off of the shelf. This one read orange spice, and it made Shiloh tilt his head. Might as well get that too, why not? "But I guess it also gives you s**t to talk about." there was a certain... camaraderie he felt with other visitors. In fact, he wasn't sure if he could even have ordinary friendships with people who didn't have the ability to traverse the veil. There'd be too much to explain, too many complications...

"And that's good, I guess. Beel's an a*****e." he grumbled at the mention of his fetch, "Everyone else got new ones assigned to them, but I still get stuck with the thing that wore my face for three months." he sounded indignant, but kept his voice calm. It felt nice to rant. "And yeah, I don't really understand the whole Noble bullshit either. Be a leader, be a teacher, take tithes; how about <******** off." he huffed in obvious contrast to Zac's much softer demeanor. "I never wanted this. None of us did..."

endejester

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:39 pm
“I didn’t think you probably did.” He admitted. “Especially not after…well, yeah.” He shrugged.
“I guess it makes it harder for me to understand why it feels like so many people I know are… being tithed.” He rubbed at his arms and shook his head.

“Maybe I question too much, but I just worry that we’re doing the same thing we must have done before. Or at least close to it, but for what it’s worth. I am sorry they took you. I hope… I don’t know. I hope it’s better now. I hope it stays better but the way things go in this town…”

Melancholies

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:47 pm
    "I mean," Shiloh was mulling the words over in his head, "If it's... consensual, I guess there's a lot of power you could get out of being nobility." he clicked his teeth together, "But there's a lot of responsibility too, I think. 'Course, no one ever mentioned what that might be, but there's gotta be a catch, there's always a catch. You don't just... get this sort of power without some sort of limitation, or else there'd be nothing holding the nobility back."

Pax's words echoed about the Moonwalkers, how nobles couldn't war without them getting involved, at least in times past. "If it's any consolation," he offered slowly, "I don't think it would have happened before. In other cycles I mean." he was still perusing teas, plucking up boxes and depositing them in the crook of his arm. "Once you become a noble, you get removed from the cycle." for all the huffing earlier, he was surprisingly somber now, "So this is the first time I've ever been tithed, and the same goes for all the other ones." he looked to Zac.

"But what do you mean? I didn't know the other nobles were taking tithes..." his brow furrowed, because the idea of taking a tithe for himself was revolting, talks of consent present or not. "That seems... dangerous. We haven't even been nobility that long."

endejester

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:58 pm
“There is always a catch he agreed. “For your sake and others, I hope its not too bad…. But, I’m not totally sure it hasn’t? I mean, Ezra keeps calling Jerimiah and… Alois too, he calls them Son, he’s never done that with me, like, ever. So I just feel like maybe – “ He waved his hands and shook his head.

“Maybe it has, maybe it’s just been a long time, and for other people, and what if I cared about them and I don’t remember?”

“But, yeah, I don’t… it’s not my business you know?” He shrugged. “I just… It made me upset.” He rubbed his eyes and sighed.

Melancholies

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:07 pm
    "Ezra took another?" he pursed his lips, but that wasn't surprising at least. Had Melany taken any others, he wondered? And then... Alois, well; of the five of them, he could see Alois taking a tithe, he didn't seem to care about much. Actually, he didn't know any of them very well; Lady proclaimed she never would, and he didn't think Thorne would be the type...

"I... see." he shrugged, "Well, knowing people you care about are getting replaced with corpse monsters isn't exactly a warm feeling." he laughed, but it was sarcastic and short. "At least you're aware. That saves some of the heartache."

But it didn't make it any easier, and Shiloh knew that. He wouldn't spoil Zac's condolences with oh, it was quite terrible, nothing'll fix that, so instead he just accepted the comfort, however meager. "Thanks though." he offered a small smile, tired and worn and weathered but still alive. "I think the worst part is over, anyway." he looked down to the boxes of tea in his arms. "Just gotta heal and all that pansy-a** bullcrap."

"Anyway," they were in a tea shop, all things considered, "Sorry about rantin' your ear off about dumb magic s**t." it wasn't really like him to blurt these things out to strangers, and he felt a little bad about it. Maybe it was Jamie rubbing off on him, making him more conscious of himself.

endejester

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:55 pm
“Well, I learned after the fact but it was still…” he sighed. “Oh- no, I don’t mind, its honestly nice to know more people who understand it and um, probably appreciate way more than I can how bad it can be.”

He sighed.

“If there is anything that I can do, please let me know, alright?”

Melancholies

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:20 pm
    "Sure, sure." Shiloh actually smiled a second time, and after a moment of thought he reached into his pocket to produce his cracked up cell phone. "Actually, would you mind? Uh... exchanging numbers I mean. If that's not too weird." he would have scratched the back of his head, but his arms were all occupied, "It's always good to keep other people around who, y'know." Know about Otherworld.

"Oh, by the by, it's Shiloh." He was unlocking his phone mundanely, looking ever pleased at his turtle shell background. God did he love turtles. "Maybe we could like, uh, s**t..." he was really bad at this, "Meet up again sometime? When we're not in the middle of the store buying stuff." he laughed, "Oh, thanks for the recs too. I think Jamie'll like this stuff."

endejester

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces