[DMPRP] Know what cannot be known [Shun/???] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:24 pm
After work, Shun didn't go straight home. No, instead, he lingered around the police department. There was something about the other side's version of this place that bothered him. While he had been around there a few times and it didn't really have a whole lot to be concerned about, he had never gone into the archives.

One time, he had hovered near the stairwell leading on down into the basement, but never went beyond that. There was also a feeling that he really didn't belong there that kept him from going deeper.

Maybe it was about time to change that.

There may be something there that would be of use to them all. They were archives, after all. It might not be like the library, but... it was worth a shot in any least. So, he waited for the coast to be clear, then pulled his mark of the seal pendant out from under his shirt. A moment later, he appeared just outside of the police department in Other Ashdown. Letting go of the pendant, he started to make his way towards the entrance of the archives.

Here goes nothing.

Ashdown Whaler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:28 pm
The basement was cold; a stark counterpoint to everything else in other ashdown that was warm at the moment. A heavy door of metal barred his way, though shadows moved at the bottom of it.

... and fire seemed to flicker as well. It loomed there waiting for Shun. If it was possible for a door to be judging, then this door was judging him.

Blade Kuroda

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:33 am
As he made his way into the basement, Shun could feel the chill the permeated here. It was like a cold dread that just lingered in the area. The shifting of shadows he saw didn't really bother him so much. Shadows were not necessarily something to be wary of.

Though... it also seemed that flames were flickering about as well. That, he wasn't entirely certain what to make of. Either way, he was going to need to be on his guard.

He stared down the heavy metal door, feeling a sense of judgement upon him. It was an unexpected feeling, coming from a door, but this was Other Ashdown. The detective's eyes narrowed, as he went on to try and open the door into the archives.

Ashdown Whaler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:13 am
A voice laughed at him.

"What makes you even think you're worth getting inside here?" There was sound on the other side of the door, the rustle of fabric and someone leaning against it with an audible thump.

Blade Kuroda

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:42 am
Shun lifted his head as he heard the laughter and the voice. Was that the door? No. Someone, or something, just leaned against the opposite side with a bit of a thud. Had there alawys been a being inside the archives here? Did Jeremiah know about this?

"Who the hell are you?" he asked warily.

It was entirely possible that whatever was in there, was actually sealed in by the door. In which, it was likely in his best interests to let it remain in there. That said, he was still going to try and learn what he could about this place and what resided inside the archives here.

Ashdown Whal3r

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:39 pm
The was a scoffing noise. "None of your damn business. You haven't even proved that you're worth knowing yet."

Fingers tapped against the door, a sharp, heavy staccato.

Blade Kuroda

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:46 pm
Shun let out a small huff, folding his arms as he stared at the metal door.

"What is it that you consider to be worthy? I am capable of a number of things. But it also depends on just who or what I am trying to prove myself to."

Ashdown Whaler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:10 am
"That's the rub," the voice replied, "I'm not telling you anything until you do some things for me. You want in here? You want to know something? Perhaps about the cycles? About the Enemy? Maybe even ... yourself?

"You have to ask yourself, Shun: how far are you willing to go."

Blade Kuroda

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:38 am
Shun's eyes narrowed. If he wasn't on his guard before, he certainly was now. The voice knew his name. It knew what he wanted. That made it a fairly dangerous thing to be dealing with.

"I will do whatever it takes to get through all of this, but you have also given me very little reason as to why I should trust you. There could be knowledge I seek, but it could be nothing all the same. Those that live on this side have a tendency to enjoy ******** people over."

He was going to be very careful with how he handled this, if possible.

Ashdown Whaler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:53 pm
Fingers tapped against the other side of the heavy door. Humming was heard, the voice seemingly taking time to think.

"This is your choice," it spoke up again, "because I'm going to ask you to do some things and you're going to make the call. Do them, I'll let you in here. Don't do them, I still let you in here. What you learn is what is up in the air."

Blade Kuroda

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:22 am
"You are going to allow me entry regardless if I carry out what you ask or not?" Shun asked. That was a bit strange. And it did make this seem much less of striking a deal and more of something else. A test? He wasn't actually sure. There was still a possibility that there was some sort of trick to all of this, if all of this was somehow just an illusion of choice.

"What sort of things are you going to request of me?"

Ashdown Whaler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:56 pm
"For you to do your job," the voice replied, "that's all. You willing to do that?"

Blade Kuroda

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:59 pm
Shun eyed the door, still cautiously.

"Of course I am willing to do my job."

He just had a feeling this 'job' wasn't necessarily what his Ashdown profession was.

Ashdown Whaler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:05 pm
"We'll see," there was a smirk there, Shun could tell. "The first thing I want you to do? I need you to get a confession from a man. He's done something wrong and I want you to get it out of him. Make him admit what it was."

Blade Kuroda

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:11 pm
The detective didn't quite like that tone that the voice used. He wasn't sure how exactly, but he could practically feel them smirking at him from the other side. The task so far, sounded pretty simple. And it was actually rather reminiscent of what he did, but there were still missing details.

"Very well. Who is this man?" he asked tilting his head.

Ashdown Whaler

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces