Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:37 pm
Hana held the door open (ever the gentlewoman) and followed Zac into Darlene's. "After you, my dear," she purred, in a way that hung out somewhere between funny and flirtatious and could be interpreted as either. Hana was comfortable in that zone - putting herself out there but not really putting herself out there, always waiting for someone else to make the first move.

"I think my brother's working tonight," she said, as they settled into a booth. She craned her neck, trying to see into the kitchen, but - no dice. If Dhan was here, he was out of sight. "He's a dishwasher and helps the cook. Nice guy. You'd like him. Not so much for school, but, musical genius."

"Anyway," she continued, shrugging, "that midterm. Easy? Or really easy?"

Endejester

shibrogane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:34 am
With Zac, Hanna might be waiting a while for anything close to a first move. He lived in that perfect storm of awkwardness of feeling like he looked attractive in his skin over all, but not really getting that other people might feel the same way. Add to that a part time total obliviousness to people being flirty rather than friendly and he presented a well-dressed challenge.

“Thank you!” He exclaimed delighted as she opened the door for him.
“What kind of instrument does your brother play?” He asked immediately interested by the subject of music.
“My friend America works here too, she’s very nice, she has that little blue jay too, Do you play an instrument too?”

He was rambling, but at least her question about the mid term gave him some focus.

“Easy!” he agreed. “I’d…say it felt really easy but I always feel like that’s inviting the universe to smite my GPA.” He laughed nervously; apparently the numbers mattered to him.

Silverah

shibrogane

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:02 am
"He plays all of them," replied Hana, which was either the truth or a very, very confident boast on behalf of her brother. "Dad tried me on a bunch but none of 'em stuck. Piano. Violin. Flute."

She made a face. "I was more of a chemistry kits and blowing stuff up kid. America? I think I've seen her. Maybe. Red hair?"

She had no idea what this was about a blue jay. "Is the bird, like, an emotional support animal or something? I thought those were mostly dogs."

endejester

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:43 am
Zac gave a small laugh, if it was about the Blue Jay as emotional support or about blowing things up with chemistry kits it wasn’t strictly clear.

“My mother pushed hard enough at Violin that I finally gave up and started liking it, but yeah, she’s the one with the red hair. I think she and the Blue Jay just … see eye to eye.” He grinned at his own awful inside joke and hastily added. “It’s kind of cute I guess. The bird I mean.”

He shrugged and added. “All instruments are, pretty impressive. I never really got into the Chemistry kits, but … I used to try and solve closed cases using the clues as they were found in the actual case. Really nerdy I’m sure.”

Silverah

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:15 am
Dhan was not really the waiter type, but sometimes s**t got slow or someone was on their break and someone had to take the orders. He was good at remembering things, and he'd gotten familiar with the ticket system, and besides he cooked like four tenths of whatever came through if Nasir was busy. So, like, he could handle it.

Which was how he ended up in his stained white apron, hands scalded to s**t from washing dishes, in front of his sister and a stranger.

"So, uh, hi," he said. "Hana. I'm Dhan. And I'm here to take your order?" He arched an eyebrow at his sister. This was an arch of an eyebrow that said What the hell? Did you bring a date to my workplace? You weirdo? Well, that or I'm thinking about Donkey Kong. It could really go either way.

endejester
Silverah

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:51 am
"Oh my god," said Hana, leaning out of the booth as Dhan approached. "There he is. Dhan. Hi. I was just talking about you!"

She leaned across the table, arm stretched out to pat Zac on the shoulder. "This is Zac. We're in an English class together. And here he is. The maestro himself. You've got great timing, bro."

But like, he'd also asked her for her order.

"Can I get a coke and a classic burger, pickles on the side?"

endejester

Shibrogane

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:53 am
“Hi!! U-uhm, I’m Zac, l-like she said from English class. I just got told you are exceptionally musical. If you ever want to play with someone…”

He hesitated and waited for her to finish her order. “Um… Uh, order right, Um, small chicken wings with Sweet Tai Chili sauce on the side, and an order of fries please?”

Silverah

Shibrogane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:26 pm
What was Hana even on about, she didn't even like pickles. Dhan repeated it back to them: "Coke, classic burger with pickles on the side, small wings with thai chili sauce, and fries. Anything to drink?"

He was still trying to communicate with his sister: what is going on here. Hana. What. Is something going on here. Why are you talking about me to strangers.

endejester
Silverah

shibrogane
Vice Captain

Stellar Lightbringer

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:44 pm
"Um, Coke or Pepsi please, whatever gets carried here."

shibrogane
Silverah