azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:18 am
Despite how long he had been back from the Court, Jeremiah still had not cooked as many meals as he could have. The idea of cooking dinner was still one that made his stomach churn for nameless reasons but Algie had eased that to some degree.

It was part of why he was at the store, carefully picking through things to get what he needed for dinner (one Algie had requested and he would cook). Lips pressed to a thin line, the silver-haired man somewhat displeased with the selection available, he turned to head down an aisle and see about getting what he needed to make it from scratch instead.

Despite his focus being on what he needed to pick up, he was more than alert of his surroundings. It was another habit ingrained into him even more so now. Being aware of his surroundings was a necessity now more than ever.

Daekie
one POS start for previously discussed catch and drag to OAD adventure!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:27 am
Alexis is in a different hoodie from last time- shoulders low, eyes downcast, don't notice me don't notice me broadcasting off of their slender form -- but they haven't noticed Jeremiah, because he's halfway into their blind spot, and it's called a blind spot for a reason.

They're looking at the apples, of course. It's always a nice time for a good, juicy apple.

Their hand darts out, because nobody's looking, and -- it spasms. Their stupid, ********, always-cold hand. It has the nerve to spasm, knocking a few apples onto the floor, and ******** it, Alexis kneels, trying to pick them up before they hit too hard and bruise - and pulling them into their satchel, too, where everything they don't pay for belongs.

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:52 pm
When someone wanted to not be noticed it was obvious that they would be. Especially when it seemed as if Jeremiah had some kind of sense for troublesome youths being absolutely stupid and trying to shoplift-

The silver-haired man let out a noise, a huff of breath, and his basket was set down as he stalked towards Alexis.

"Tucker," he said in a calm, even tone; yet this was not his normal voice, this was the one reserved for when someone had gone and ******** up, "please tell me you have more common sense than this and are not trying to steal apples."

Daekie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:35 am
"'m practicing," Alexis muttered, "n' I like apples, I don't see the problem." They move away from Jeremiah in a practiced motion, putting a shelf between them, subtly enough that it wouldn't be obvious they're trying to leave his sight to anyone else.

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:15 pm
It isn't good enough. Jeremiah had warned them and this was clearly them not getting it.

If they blink, they will miss it, but if they don't-

Jeremiah disappears in a glimmer and then he's right there behind them, a hand closed around their bicep. His fingers smolder and his touch is cold. "... and therein lies the problem. That you don't see it."

There is strength in his grip and his eyes glow faintly for a moment as his attention shifts to the rest of the store. Looking for something only he could see.

Daekie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:26 pm
Alexis stiffens under his grip but doesn't make a scene -- it'll be worse if they do. Besides, they're just some hoodlum, and Mercer is the Chief of Police -- if there was any situation in which Alexis would have a hope of getting out of it, this isn't that. This is a failure before it even starts.

Oh well. They're...fine with that, honestly. He's not going to help them, but they don't want help.

"Blame my parents," they murmur, leaning back into him. "Pretty sure they ******** it up harder than I did." His magic is no surprise -- they're used to magic being unfair, at this point.

Alexis stands there and does not struggle, and does not make a scene; does not do anything to tip anyone off this is an abnormal situation. They know how to do that, at least.

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:06 pm
"That is a terrible excuse." Jeremiah just gives them a look, his eyes glowing briefly once more. "As if I blame my father for every shite decision I make in my life." ... and he didn't but he had and that was beside the point.

That and there was a difference between father and Father but that was also neither here nor there.

His gaze is still not on them, still elsewhere, but then he spots it. "I'm done letting things slide, Tucker, we're having a talk and we're having it now." Which meant, without much warning, he was nudging them to start walking towards what looked like an employee break room doorway. Except that the moment the door was open and they crossed through they were in the store's other ashdown counterpart.

Daekie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:11 am
"You've been lettin' them slide all this time, what's the difference now," Alexis hisses, putting on a half-presentable smile in case anyone's looking -- they don't struggle. It'll be no good if they do. They're no fool.

This is not the first time. "...******** up with your eyes, anyways?"

As soon as they're through to Other Ashdown, however, Alexis tries to bolt - they do not want to be here, they do not want to have this talk, they do especially not want to have it with Jeremiah of all people -- they just, really, want to run away. Again.

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:11 am
"The same thing that's up with your teeth, Tucker," Jeremiah replies before they cross over. His grip on them is loose so they're able to get out of it when they really try to bolt.

Except that it doesn't matter because Jeremiah is there in front of them again a moment later. Now his eyes are nothing but eerie glow as he watches them. "Difference is now you're being sloppy. Don't think I don't know that you can't play the poor waif card with some of the others at the department or people at the market."

Daekie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:33 am
Alexis skids to a stop, shoes kicking up dust, when Jeremiah shows up in front of them -- but they don't try to run again. Instead, they just curl into themself, head down and arms crossed, small as they can be.

"'m bein' sloppy because my wrist's <********>, old man, it's not on purpose. And -" they shrug, a quick movement -- "if they fall for it, they're dumb enough they deserve whatever I do."

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:33 pm
"Bullshite." Jeremiah counters and stares at them as they sink in on themselves. "You are capable of better than this even with a busted wrist."

His voice is calm and even but the way his eyes glow it's clear he's had enough. "Not even going to bother commenting on if people deserve it." They did, if they fell for it, but he's not going to vocally condone their actions.

"You've been slipping for a while now, Tucker, and you need to stop."

Daekie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:06 am
"No," Alexis says, and starts to laugh, horribly bitter. "No, I don't want to and I won't." It's the funniest thing in the world to them -- that he thinks they'd want to stop, that they wouldn't do all of this if they had a choice.

They have a choice. They're still going through with it. They don't deserve the niceties.

"I'm doin' this because I want to -- isn't that why anyone does anything?"

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:16 pm
"It absolutely is," he replies, his tone a touch harder, "but you have clearly lost more than you can handle."

Jeremiah watches them and sighs a moment later. It is a measuring gaze, something unfathomable in it. "You would roll over and show your belly, Tucker? Truly?"

Daekie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:15 am
"What if I left," Alexis counters, "what if I just got out of this town and left? I could, I won't but I should -" there are tears welling up in their eyes, and they duck their head, refusing to show Jeremiah such a sign of weakness.

Deep breath. "I'm going to keep hurting people until I leave, y'know."

azuredreams

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:06 pm
Jeremiah sighs then, catching sight of those tears before they look away. "You leave this town, you leave behind everything. You admit you've given in and that you're nothing but someone who is a hindrance to everyone around them."

He shook his head. "You were ballsy, Tucker, and stared down a thing that wanted to kill you. I know you get scared but you're stronger this and-" His gaze his hard, unwavering. "If you're aware that you're hurting people then stop it. Stop whinging about it and do better."

Daekie

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces