azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:24 am
Jeremiah wanted to be in other ashdown, so he was simply there when he thought of it next. The silver-haired man rolled his shoulders as he was outside the police department. City hall was just right there and further down the street was the theatre and the library.

It was an odd place for him to be in when being in other ashdown felt more reassuring than being in Ashdown but he assumed that it was residual from his stay. That being immersed in the magic that was now part of him more than ever he was comforted.

Glowing eyes made a cursory glance around before he started to walk. There was a particular spot he preferred for working with magic and he was heading to it.

The Semblance of Unity
cue one preacher to appear!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:32 am
Preacher stood and stared up at the buildings. Now this, this was damn strange. It wasn't raining, so it couldn't be rainy bullshit land, and she didn't remember going to sleep... Must be a dream anyway, she thought. Brought on by it getting too cold at night. Or maybe she ate a bad sausage at lunch and this was her fell-asleep-on-the-toilet dream. She crossed her arms. If this was a dream, it was shitty, about as interesting as being stuck in a static painting.

She turned at the sound of footsteps. "You're not s'pposed to be here." She frowned at Mercer. Preacher disliked when people leaked into her dreams.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:54 pm
Jeremiah turned as he heard footsteps, cold fire flaring to life at his feet as he did so. It immediately went out the moment he realized who it was.

"Actually ..." he said with a shake of his head. "I'm certain it's you who isn't supposed to be here." A breath was let out. "Not that I'm surprised you are given how much you've been pushing at it."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:25 pm
"Wellll," she drawled out. "I ain't ever had someone in my own damn dream say that before. Sounds cryptic as ********." Preacher walked over and gave Mercer a quick head-to-toe scan. Nothing looked out of the ordinary except for that bit of brief fire.

She poked him in the arm. Felt mostly real, too.

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:38 pm
"Preacher," he replied to her, "you're not dreaming. Especially since you're actually able to touch me." Jeremiah's eyes glowed brightly, always able to see even in the darkest parts of other ashdown.

"If you were dreaming or I was dreaming, one of us would not be able to touch the other." Then he was pressing a hand to his face a moment later. This conversation. "You're in other ashdown, Preacher."

Just go with being blunt.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:39 am
Her frown deepened. "One: has anyone ever said your eyes are weird as ******** - cool, too, like you're part cat or something. Two-" Preacher looked around, at the dry ground, the sky.

"It's not rainin'."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:58 am
Jeremiah wanted to sigh but he did not. Instead he just inclined his head slightly. "Somewhere around the second week of that torrential rain we had in Ashdown, it stopped raining here."

His eyes glowed brighter for a moment before he spoke again. "... and my son has mentioned something to that effect before. I essentially do have cat eyes."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:04 am
"How is it supposed to be rainy shitland without rain?" she grumped. But Preacher was inclined to believer Mercer. "You have a kid?" He;d probably mentioned him, but she didn't remember seeing any kids running around or anything.

Cracking her neck loudly, she looked at him. "Does this mean you can show me that cool s**t you said you could do here?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:07 am
"It was that and something happened to make it stop." Jeremiah shifted, shoulders rolling. He was not quite sure he was up to explaining everything that was going down in one meeting.

"Not by blood or birth but Zac Bantock is my son." Though he was not formally adopted yet, Jeremiah had legal guardianship for years.

He blinked a moment, head tilting. "... and just what cool shite do you think I should show you?" Really. What had the fetch said to her?

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:21 am
Preacher's frown turned puzzled, then recognition dawned. "Oh dude, I didn't know he was yours. He's nice but weird. I guess like dad like kid or whatever that weird phrase is." She fidgeted for a moment, then quickly moved on to the next subject. It was slightly, but oddly, uncomfortable.

"Did the firefart beat you in the head too much? You said you could do stuff with fire; I just had ta catch you outside work." She'd seen Shun lift balls, but her knowledge of 'magic' was very limited. Preacher pasted on a grin. "Caught you outside work."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:27 am
Jeremiah let out a breath that was a near chuckle but it never reached that point. "You know, Preacher, anyone else and I might take that as an insult."

What was it about him and a soft spot for troublesome youths? Probably because he could see a bit of himself in them.

He frowned at the mention of Ezra, especially with the- His shoulders rolled and he shook it off. She did not know.

"I suppose I did," he finally spoke once more. "Though do yourself a favor and don't mock the man who's eternally on fire. He will not take kindly to it." ... and he usually had a sense of those things.

He was not quite sure how he felt about the fetch having offered to show off (because that was what it was, no doubt). Jeremiah was still dealing with the wake left behind it.

"As much as I am not a one man show ..." Fingers twitched at his side, cold green fire sparking to life around his hand. It was entirely on fire, his hand, and looked as if he was not injured at all.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:37 am
"T'weren't meant as one." Weird was just weird; wasn't bad necessarily. "And, well, he ain't here, so should be fine. I ain't about to mock a man constantly on fire to his face. That's like dropping to my knees and begging him to blister my behind." Literally blister, since fire was involved. She opened her mouth again and then stopped.

Mercer's hand was on fire. It was like back in middle school, when kids would spray their hands with cologne and light them on fire. Only bigger and obviously cooler. "That's neat! Does it hurt? Is it hot? Can you teach me? Can you light just your eyebrows on fire?"

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:30 pm
Jeremiah snorted. Preacher did have some of the more colorful euphemisms and imagery. His lips twitched upwards into a bit of smile, mostly at her reaction. He remembered that feeling she was wearing on her face.

When the magic was something new and thrilling and wonderful. The world wasn't weighing them down yet.

Fingers flexing in and out a moment, the fire was pulled in a bit tighter. "Hold your hand over it but don't touch it." When Preacher did so she would realize that it was a freezing cold fire. "I can give you some points. You'd likely be able to do something yourself though not necessarily this." He paused. "... and it can't hurt me but no fire can."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:53 pm
Dutifully, she held out her hand as told, then yanked it back. "It's... cold." She frowned. What was the point of fire if a body couldn't even heat up ramen using a fist? "Did you know if you punched some milk or cream with that fist enough I betcha could make ice cream." It was still cool as ********.

"Like immune even to hot fire? And cold fire? Double fire immunity? And yeah, some tips might be cool. I don't think I'm gonna spout out freezin' flames but I wanna learn to do s**t, too."

azuredreams

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:15 pm
Preacher was given an amused twitch of lips, just barely there, at the comment about freezing dairy products. Only Preacher. "Fire is fire, cold or otherwise here. Consider it a perk of who-"

Jeremiah shook his head, fingers flicking and the fire smouldering out. "I've been burned enough by both types that it isn't an issue for me anymore." Glowing eyes focused on her, shoulders rolling and his posture shifting. "It's not easy at first and it can tire you out. You're using muscles you've not stretched in a long time."

The Semblance of Unity

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces