Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[FIN] two bros being bros (marcus & cid)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:57 pm
"Dude ... I got this sweet vintage sci-fi comic in at the shop, remind me to show it to you later after we check out this 'haunted house'." Cid was, thankfully, dressed normally for a change. Though his hair was back to being blonde once more because winter was coming and that meant THE BEARD WAS RETURNING.

He glanced over to Marcus as the haunted house was right in front of them, squinting at the sign there. "So. What's the word on the street about this place?" As Marcus usually heard different things than he did about what the causes were behind things. "... and are we going to check it out?"

Obviously they should go inside. Obviously.

i5toleYurVamps

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:40 pm
While for Cid, the beard was returning, for Marcus it was official sweater weather and scarf season so he had wasted no time in pulling out his old wool knits. Musty, dusty, a week airing out then a nice steam clean and the man was a walking poster child for a fall Instagram account. He also smelled just a bit like wood smoke. He was getting full blown fall spirit and he didn't even care how far he'd gone. This time of the year was so brief he was going to enjoy it while it lasted.
"How vintage we talking? 70s? Or older? I've been talking to this one guy from cali and he said the best ones are the ten cent offshoots. Haven't found any but man, love to see one you know."

In front of the haunted house, Marcus gave it a small look. As far as he was considered, this was the work of the government trying to harvest the town's natural affinity for 'spooky' and interfere with other Ashdown. There was something distinctly off about the place, but Marcus couldn't put his finger on it, (Marcus also felt this way about the house two blocks away from his that had an unusual amount of lawn gnomes). It was just that edge of normal but NOT QUITE all the way normal. Like a bus stop at night in the rain.

"Word on the street is that this has something to do with gentrification if you buy that slick. Other buzz is that it's a test site- Measuring effects of certain substances that are passively administered. All I know is that this place went up fast. I'm talking inhumanly fast. All new construction projects have to get the permits and city approval before you can even dig. I work for the man Cid, and I've never seen a legit house go up faster than this one. It smells like big money, or big brother."

Or both. That was possible.

"...And we are obviously going to check it out. We owe it to our community Cid. To your fans." He pulled out a camcorder, complete with a night vision attachment.
"To the truth."

azuredreams

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:24 pm
"If this is gentrification they're doing it wrong," Cid said, nose wrinkling up as he looked over the house. It was kind-

Well whatever it was it was clearly trying to rack up business or something. "Considering all the red tape I had to go through ... I am a little impressed but this place is supposedly not here during the day, right?"

Cid gave Marcus a wide, manic grin when he saw the camcorder come up. His glasses were adjusted, hair fixed, and he winked. "Always for the fans, Marcus, always for the fans." Fingers wiggled towards the door. "Let's do this."

iStoleYurVamps
LET US GO INSIDE.

iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:12 pm
Marcus let out what sounded like a scandalized gasp. "I know right? For one thing the materials look cheap and the style is all wrong. Not to mention the sustainability factor- very big on the market. People want their news homes with new features not to be suck in the 196-oh right sorry. Getting a bit uh, carried away there." He was in the business and well, it did rub him the wrong way on an aesthetic level.

People often had no taste. And no mind to when they planned homes. Or well, anything really.
"Day or night it's an eyesore. Being not around during the day is probably because it looks bad and feels bad so we just don't notice it." He muttered.
"Or cloaking. Top brass in the FBI been working on that junk for years. Again, test site Cid. My money is it's a test site for something, just have to figure out for what."

Flicking the switch on the camcorder, he popped off the cap and did a quick battery and recording check, as well as made sure he had a virgin SD card in the slot. He wasn't going to risk anything.
Stepping into the house was like stepping into one of those upper crust houses that Marcus often got told to 'design like' Long narrow entryway that just led to equally as long and narrow hallways that eventually led to family rooms or stairs to a foyer or some other large space that was too Martha Stewart for his taste. Whatever happened to a good old fashion mudroom?

"Okay, we have entered the house and... So far no blood on walls, no flickering lights. We're good so far Cid." Marcus was careful to pan the camera, capturing as much as he could. Like he jinxed them however the lgith began to flicker and Marcus huffed, not pleased with the sudden change. Plus it was bad for the camera. Made it difficult to focus.
"Make no sense, Windows made it look like it would have been a family room. Trick walls?" Just to be sure, he rapt his knuckle against the wall and it was as solid as they came.

Stepping further in, the door at the end creaked, making Marcus pan the camera quickly, nearly running into Cid. What he also almost ran into was a clown. The camera was in the clowns face and-

"Okay well, we'll just keep moving. Haunted house rules no touching yeah, Uh. UH.. Cid lets go. Uh. Yeah. Go fast." Not that Marcus was disturbed by clowns. Nothing to do with news reports. Nothing to do with the rows of teeth. Nothing to do with those things at all.

azuredreams

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:47 pm
"Dude, if this is a test site, I am sold, but I also want to know what kind of cloaking tech they're possibly using. Mirrors maybe? I mean ... the Shore place is gone too, you know? So maybe this is the trade off. No Shore mansion but shitty spoopy haunted house place for Halloween." Cid gasped for a moment.

"... you don't think this is all some shitty publicity stunt to drum up business for the Shore house, do you? I mean not everyone wants to go there but if it just reappears after being gone for a while that would be one helluva draw." Cid fell silent as they went in and blinked at the change in decor. This was nice.

"Yeah, this is ... odd. There should be like a living room and something else here. Not a hallway." He was glancing towards the camera himself and having to step away as Marcus nearly ran into him. "Might just have like ... fake windows? They're just paintings or whatever." Like those fake scenery things in old looney tunes.

Then he noticed the clown as Marcus did and was blinking. A lot. Cid was already walking backwards towards the other door.

"Way too many ********' teeth," he muttered, then louder. "Yeah, move the ******** on, shall we?" The short blonde was a step behind Marcus to get through the door.

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:11 pm
Marcus was listening to Cid, nodding in agreement. It was impressive for cloak tech sure. Who wouldn't be impressed? But on the other hand if the tech went mobile? No thanks. Marcus did not trust the government to not use that as a method of spying. Blue eyes closed for a moment as he tried to imagine a scenario where cloaking tech would not be misused.

Nope. People were stupid. If anything the least malicious thing would be jump scares. But even then- people had heart conditions you know? Trust no one. Not even yourself because Marcus would use it to spy on the government trying to spy on him. Some good ol spy on spy cold war era style s**t.

"If it's for the Shore house it's a wash. We don't get enough tourism and there is no reason to line the pockets of those who's wallets have a key to the bank." He was skeptical of the place since as long as he could remember, but he also was concerned. If there was a connection? It was thin at best.

The clown left behind, (thank the lord), the new room was perhaps worse than the hall. Skylights were a nice touch and panning the camera as slow as he could, he slapped his head, remembering that he had been recording the entire conversation. "Might just edit out my voice later there but- Oh well would ya look at that?" As the walk opened up to the wax figured, it was odd to circle them, trying to capture each figure as if they might drip or move.
"Who ever decked this place our wasn't sparing any expense. Wax figures this good cost a hell of a lot." Not that he knew because he'd once looked at a fake replica so if he needed to appear at home when he wasn't he was ready for such a decoy.

Eventually he'd made himself a cardboard cut out but that was besides the point. The figures looked almost frozen in time, and the flicking crackle of lightning wasn't helping the camera at all. Stepping back to scope the rest of the room, he took note of the TV and the debate, holding back his opinions. This was going on a blog after all. He didn't want Cid to deal with opinions on candidates. Even if one was probably a robotic underling for the banishes Illuminati sect from colonial times.
Twisting to press on, he noticed the snake by the door and froze.
"Aw man." It was huge. Python he guessed. Poor thing was probably cold and had escaped it's cage. "Careful Cid, think the family pet might have gotten out." Most animals didn't attack. Plus with so many people going in and out, the poor snake would be seen by the owners soon enough. He'd be sure to tell them.

"Let's keep going yeah? So far, it's nothing legit, but it is well done." Credit where credit was due he supposed.

azuredreams

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:45 am
"... seriously," Cid had spotted the snake before Marcus did, paling a little bit because he was not exactly comfortable with them for reasons involving having been bitten by one when he was a child (one of his uncles had kept one as a pet). "Moving the ******** on ..."

He skirted the room, shaking his head a the wax figures and the debate. "The true horror," he murmured, mostly to himself, "... but man ... Someone put way too much money into this for like ... a free haunted house visit? What do they get out of this? If anything?" The door was right there and he was pulling it open to head to the next one.

"You don't think ..." He turned to look over his shoulder at Marcus, eyes wide behind his glasses. "That this is all a front to like kidnap people and turn them into government agents? That would be too obvious and they're not that stupid." Yet this was the right time of year and this was definitely a great way to weed out candidates for secret government programs.

No, no. That was just too silly.

He still thought it was possible.

i5toleYurVamps
5/18

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:54 pm
"Hey man, don't get politico on me. Only one can be the crazy guy with the government theories about who's the cyborg and who's the lizard person in this relationship." Marcus turned the camera to face him, whispering, "It's me."

Walking into the new room was an experience. Marcus had seen a ghost before. So seeing multiple ones at once might have been new, it wasn't particularly alarming. Actually no, it was because he didn't know if Cid knew and there was more than one and oh s**t Cid couldn't find out he was spooky ashdown touched and stuff abort abort the mission game over.

"Oh s**t."

"Cid." Camera spun in time with Marcus, trying to get the ghosts in a pan shot and Cid's reaction in time.
"This is it. You're right. This is it. We're experiments. We screwed up man. I'm not about to die, I didn't sign up for this. I didn't sign any waiver for this."

Camera was shaking, even with the stabilizer and Marcus doing his best to keep calm could not have prepared him for the ghost in the corner.

It was making bedroom eyes at him.
"I am not ready for ectoplasmic relations Cid we need to LEAVE." The clown had followed them. It was back.
"CID WE NEED TO LEAVE I AM UNCOMFORTABLE."

azuredreams
8/18

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:09 pm
Cid also leaned towards the camera and, not so quietly, said, "It's absolutely him."

Then they were in the room with ghosts. Real. (Not) Live. Ghosts. "... ******** hell," he breathed out, "are those actually-" His eyes were wide behind his glasses, shock on his face as he glanced towards the camera. Even with everything going on he hadn't actually experienced anything strange himself yet and this was-

"... dude, Marcus, please tell me that ghost isn't like ... trying to chat you up or some s**t because I know you've got better taste than that." Not that they might not have gotten a little drunk a few years back and some very sloppy make-outs probably happened. Cid had a type that Marcus sometimes fit but he was not a single man now.

Then of course the clown was back and Cid was-

NOPE.

"NOPE," his voice echoed his brain. "Ollie the ******** out of here please and thank you. If you're going to be uncomfortable it's because I'm going to make some really shitty passes at you before we've had drinks." Then he was grabbing Marcus and dragging him through the next door because <******** that clown dude.

i5toleYurVamps
8/18

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:18 am
"Look, a ghost help me get laid once and while I'm always up for a good time, this is not the time and any other time I'd make a boner joke now is not. That. Time." Clown dude was too close for comfort and he was 100% certain that the ghost being real meant that clown was real and had too many teeth and Marcus wanted no part of that.

They bailed faster than Marcus knew they should have. Cid's fan would be very disappointed then the two grown men running from a clown but REAL GHOSTS. And in their defense clowns were all over the news as of later who would not be deeply concerned. Especially in weird possibly government test house for who knew what.
Outside, it was a much nicer night that he remembered it being. The moon was bright, (too bright), the air was cool, (not cold), it was a bit foggy, (a lot foggy), and.. dead people. Cool.

Filming the skeletons, Marcus kept trying to get as much on camera as he could. "Cid, Cid look at this place. It's nice. Like, it's actually not bad at all. Kind of relaxingggg OH MY GOD NO."

The clown was back.
"I TAKE IT BACK THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED. CID WE ARE OUT. FANG FACE MCCHUCKLES IS BAD AND I FEEL BAD AND THIS PLACE IS BAD."

He started muttering various curses to himself in Arabic, a sure sign he was not happy with the current situation.

azuredreams
11/18

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:33 pm
"Marcus, that is some trashy yaoi manga bullshit right there and you're absolutely telling me about it later." Except that they were clearly on a mission to GTFO of where they were and move on to the next room that was like.

What the ******** were outside and it wasn't even- "Is the moon even full tonight? Are those real skeletons? You know how ******** expensive those are?" Cid was over at one, touching it and immediately jerked back when it started to point. The camera caught his face as he turned and looked at the clown.

"DUDE W T F." Cid was growling now, practically a blur as latched onto Marcus's arm and dragged him out of the room. "Seriously, GO SEE A DENTIST. NEVER COME BACK." As at this moment he was starting to think this was all one step away from being some really horrible, terrible Halloween creeper pr0n and he wanted no part of it.

Also he did not approve of s**t scaring Marcus. That was high on his NOPE list as well.

iStoleYurVamps
11/18

iStoleYurVamps rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:39 pm
His head whipped toward's Cid at the comment. Cid had no place to judge him, they had both had their fair share of terrible moments in life. Youthful... and less than one month ago in Marcus's particular case. "My life is a trashy yaoi manga only with no romance."

It was the PWP type manga that was badly drawn and made you question why you spent money on it but you didn't know how you planned to return it to the store and not look ashamed.
"This Cid!' Marcus stopped short of the door, pointing at the clown. "This is exactly why it has no romance!" Because his life was a bad B-horror story and any relationship was doomed. Camera pointed at the clown, He gave it a middle finger salute.
Not. Interested! He would never even realize he'd yelled it in Arabic until much later when reviewing the footage. Marcus was very thoroughly spooked. The new room was better and worse. One arm laced with Cid's The camera was lifted and-
"Cid- Cid this is true darkness." No light, and not even the camera would be able to pick up anything. The sole light was from the electronic green glow of the screen, but even that was quickly swallowed in black.
"s**t. Hello?" He tried calling out over the sound of the party that he couldn't see.

The music blasted and for a moment, as light the sudden contrast making him wince, he saw a figure,e, pointing and laughing.. A.... scarecrow? Another curse in Arabic, the camera was having a hell of a time trying to capture anything, and the cheer of a crowd that didn't exist made him tense. He could do people but the idea of a crowd?

Marcus just pulled Cid, making his way to the exit, determined to leave.

azuredreams
aw yis 16 i can maths

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:54 am
Cid had not really been unsettled until this exact moment. What was worse was that it sounded as if there was a party around them, that noise and people felt like they were there but not otherwise visible.

"s**t, s**t, s**t ..." Then there was-

"Is that? What the ******** Silent Hill level bullshit is this and how about-" Except that Marcus was already tugging him and they were at a door and then they were suddenly out.

On the porch.

A banner hung that said CONGRATULATIONS.

Cid blinked a bit and looked to Marcus. "Seriously, should we like ... verify we're not possessed or some s**t now?" He sighed, though his arm was still linked with the other man's. Nope, he was definitely holding his arm until they got the ******** away from here.
final word count: 1127

i5toleYurVamps
I THOUGHT I POSTED THIS YESTERDAY >O >O >O (you can wrap on your post if you like! just have them wander off to b***h about this or summat)

GO GET UR PRIZE

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff