[DMPRP] Chantry of Secrets [Shun/???] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:11 pm
Shun had performed the two tasks. Things did not go the way he had originally expected them to go. But they weren't exactly cases assigned to him in a normal manner. He didn't necessarily need to complete them through normal means either. Then again, he really couldn't have. Not without getting himself into trouble in the process.

After having effectively scared the twins out of Ashdown, he returned to the Other Ashdown Police department.

And down into the basement he went, before the heavy metal door that blocked off the archives.

"It is done."

Ashdown Whaler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:08 pm
There was no response for several beats. Then the shadows flickered, fire flared behind the door, and the voice spoke up. "Is it? You did everything?"

Blade Kuroda

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:24 am
Patiently, Shun waited for some sort of response, folding his arms over his chest as he stood there.

"Yes. I got a confession out of the man, and the unsavory folk have fled the town," he reported. Granted, in the case of the former, it really wasn't a conventional confession in that it wasn't for an actual crime. It was still technically 'wrong' though.

Ashdown whaler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:43 pm
"Did you? Did you really?" The voice seemed disbelieving. "And what was this confession?"

Blade Kuroda

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:20 pm
Shun dryly replied with, "He does not wash his hands after using the bathroom."

There was a pause.

"I am completely serious."

Ashdown Whaler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:23 pm
There was silence and then a slow build of laughter.

It got louder and louder, the sound echoing in the area.

"You were played for a fool," it finally said after the laughter subsided.

Blade Kuroda

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:26 pm
Shun's fingers twitched at the voice's laughter.

"What do you know?"

Ashdown Whaler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:39 pm
"Well, firstly, Finch Satan was trying to look out for you but I don't suppose you actually listened to it." The voice was still chuckling intermittently. "It truly does have a sense for those who are of a more ... nefarious sort."

There was a lengthy pause before the voice finally spoke again.

"He is the bookkeeper."

Blade Kuroda

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:46 pm
Shun raised his brow. The voice made it seem as though his bluff regarding what Finch Satan knew was actually truth.

"The bookkeeper? You are going to need to elaborate."

Ashdown Whaler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:05 pm
"For the business that those sisters ran," still chuckling. "If you had only listened to the bird, you would've had all the proof you needed to really do something about them. Instead you did what? Some spooky s**t and they'll just start up somewhere else."

Blade Kuroda

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:11 pm
How the hell was he supposed to listen to a bird? It was not as if Finch Satan was capable of any sort of actual speech, as far as he knew. Shun gritted his teeth as the voice laid out the scheme of things before him. The two tasks were supposedly connected.

"Perhaps I was not as thorough as I should have been," he stated lowly, narrowing his eyes at the door. That was what the voice was implying, was it not? That he had not done enough, again. The detective was just trying to figure out how much at fault he was when the instructions had been so vague in the first place.

"But the tasks you gave me were to get a confession, and to remove the sisters from Ashdown."

Ashdown Whaler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:16 pm
"Yet you could have done things by the book, Shun, and you could have collared them. Instead you kept the the shadows as you are like to do.

"One day," the voice told him, "you're going to have to grow out of this phase of yours."

Blade Kuroda

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:22 pm
"Done it by the book, really?" he scoffed. Unless he managed to get Walter to fess up about the bookkeeping casually, he wasn't sure how he was supposed to get reasonable doubt for any sort of warrant or whatever. And even then...

"The system cannot always be relied on," Shun stated. Yes, it was there for a reason. But it was still flawed in many ways.

His finger twitched again at the voice's comment about growing out of this like a condescending parent would say to an unruly teenager.

"What are you, my father?" he huffed.

Ashdown Whaler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:29 pm
The voice started laughing again.

"Do I sound like your father? You keep telling yourself that, that the system cannot be relied upon, and you will keep failing and falling short as you always do. You buck it at every opportunity and I really have to wonder why you're even a cop in the first place." There was a pause. "Oh wait, it's because you just cannot stand your father."

Blade Kuroda

Ashdown Whaler
Crew

Distrustful Trickster

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:36 pm
Shun gritted his teeth and his hands slowly curled into fists.

"Since you seem to know so much about me, you should know exactly where the system does not work. You know how many cops he had on payroll?" he hissed lowly.

He had tried doing everything by the book at one point. But over time, he had come to the realization that it failed to get results in some situations, namely ones that deal with his father. He was practically 'untouchable' in that regard.

Ashdown Whaler

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces