Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:18 pm
Quote:
challenge month: sing me a song ur the pianoman challenge; starstrukk; not done in super hard mode because eff the chorus

also features a young jeremiah in his twenties!

Nice legs, daisy dukes, makes a man go ooh, ooh ... Jeremiah shook his head at his thoughts, watching as a woman wearing daisy dukes slid up to another man at the bar. It was a common enough theme he had discovered since he had come to the states. That's the way they all come through, like it does something for everyone to flaunt it like that.

He could appreciate a woman but there was something particularly tasteless about the women that frequented this bar that had him ignoring them.

"[Ooh aren't you a peach ...” A new voice, someone he had not heard before. Jeremiah tilted his head away from his watching of the bar and found himself face to face with a blonde in a mini-skirt. He raised an eyebrow as she continued on. "Ooh. Even better. Those eyes of yours are something else too. I've never seen someone so young with hair like yours but the eyes really sell it.”

"You don't have a better chat up for me than that?” he replied and stars seemed to light in her eyes.

"Ooh and you're English too? Ooh it is my lucky day!” She looked at him while wearing one of those low-cut, see-through shirts that she probably thought was incredibly flattering but did absolutely nothing for him. Jeremiah was still haunted by too green eyes watching him as he left. "I could make ya feel good ... Ooh honey, if you'd just let me know you.” Her eyes lit up. "Ooh you could dance with me!”

That's the way they all come through, he thought again, like they can just-

"Ooh! Ooh!” The woman near squeaked as she was suddenly pulled away from Jeremiah. He could not have been any more pleased but then he noticed the bruiser of a man that had done so. He was treating like she was a piece of property and that set him off more than anything else.

Even if he had been annoyed at her attempt of chatting him up.

"What the ******** do you think you're doing, English?” The man growled out.

"Ruining your night,” Jeremiah replied, smiling at him and his blue-green eyes glinting. It was a troublesome smile but he always did love being trouble.

lyrics used
    Nice legs, Daisy Dukes, makes a man go ooh, ooh
    That's the way they all come through like ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
    Low-cut, see-through shirts that make ya ooh, ooh
    That's the way they all come through like, ooh, ooh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:20 pm
Jeremiah was laughing, his lip bleeding but the man he was fighting looked worse. For all the s**t he had given Algie about boxing, he had picked up a few tricks from the other young man. Mostly he was a scrapper but in a pinch he knew what to do. How to use his weight against an opponent and how to turn their momentum back.

"Is that all you've got?" he taunted, eyes bright and that smile still there on his face. The man watched him from where he was on the floor, rubbing at his jaw. He glowered but said nothing. Jeremiah looked to the rest of the group that had come with him. "You're a sad bunch if this is all you can manage against one little Englishman. I thought the Colonies were better than this."

'Cause I just set them up, the thought raced across his mind, just set them up ...

One of the man's friends growled and advanced and he laughed in his face. Just set them up to knock them down. Jeremiah lunged, the man not expecting it, and tackled him to the ground. It wasn't expected at all, not for him to go all in like that.

I just set them up, his mind was whirling with the adrenaline of combat, I set them up … Jeremiah ducked under a wild swing that would have rung his bell and brought a knee up into the man's stomach.

I set them up to knock them down. It was nothing but a game to him. One he played to keep his mind from where it really wanted to go.

lyrics used
    'Cause I just set them up
    Just set them up
    Just set them up to knock them down
    I just set them up
    I set them up
    I set them up to knock them down

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:23 pm
I think I should know better but I don't. The night was over, Jeremiah back in the motel room he was staying in staring at his reflection in the mirror. His face was a mottle of bruises, his brow split along with his lip. At least he had managed to not break his nose (because Algie had done so and he'd no desire to have that happen again) but the rest he couldn't say he had avoided.

After a certain point he had let the blows come because it had been easier to take them and get his hits in than trying to get out of them. It had left the men he had fought against more open than they realized. They hadn't really counted on someone who was willing to get himself hurt just to hurt someone else.

Jeremiah had at least managed to carry himself out of the bar walking which was better than some of the others had been. As it was, he was likely going to have to find another dive to visit. Another place he could lose himself in for a night and not think about everything else.

"You'd think I'd know how to make bandages at this point," he laughed a little bit, wrapping his knuckles and then sighing at himself and undoing it. It wasn't the right way at all and he knew better. Carefully he started to unwrap them to rewrap them the proper way.

lyrics used
    I think I should know
    How to make

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:25 pm
Love was the reason he ran but he would never admit it to anyone. Jeremiah loved Algie with every fiber of his being but he was something innocent, something precious, something to be treasured and kept safe and he couldn’t-

When it had come down to it he couldn’t tell him what had happened. Every fear was there, every worry that the other was just humoring and-

He was without and leaving had done nothing to fix the situation, only made it worse.

lyrics used
    love to something innocent without leaving

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:27 pm
It was another night coming in from another trashy dive and Jeremiah had, somewhere along the line, lost the key to his motel room. He fished into his back pocket for the lock picking set that he kept there, the one that Algie had given to him years ago.

"Jeremiah Mercer." The voice catches him off guard and the teenager spins on his heel out of reflex, already prepared for a fight. It's Algie and he immediately relaxes. At least until he speaks again. "What the bloody hell are you doing?"

His shoulders hunch briefly and his head ducks down. "... breaking into the school? I just need to get something from my-"

"Jer." Algie just stares at him, green eyes looking pointedly down at the bobby pin in his hand that he was trying to use to pick a lock with. As obviously there was nothing so important that he'd need to break into the school to get and his choice of lock picking tools was offensive. When it became clear that he was not going to stop, Algie came close to inspect the lock. "You should know better than this," he huffed. "No gloves, which means you're going to leave fingerprints, and I'm not sure that you have an idea of how to get out if you are seen."

"... isn't that what I have you for? To make sure I do?" he said slowly, giving the other teen a sheepish, albeit charming smile. It got him a punch in the shoulder.

"If you're going to keep up this lockpicking nonsense," Algie grumped, "I am going to get you a real set. I don't even know why I'm encouraging you at this point."

True to his word, Algie had gotten him a lockpicking set a week later. Not that he ever admitted where he got it from but it came in a soft hand-made leather case and the tools were far from cheap. Jeremiah remembered the ruddy red that had spread over the brunette's cheeks, the way his ears had been tipped pink.

It had been one of many moments that he had realized he loved Algie. Yet now he was on the other side of the pond and away from him.

"Love is just another word I never learned to pronounce …" he breathed out, staring at his reflection in the yellow lighting of the motel bathroom once more. Jeremiah was not sure who he saw in the mirror anymore. Some part of him wanted to blame his father for everything, for the fact he couldn't even speak about his feelings, for being unable to admit when he was absolutely in love with the other. He could not, for the life of him, even remember a time when Piers Mercer had said he loved his son.

As far as he was concerned, he did not have a father.

Yet how weak had he been to let that stop him from letting Algie know. In the end he had just proven his father right: that he was weak and lacked discipline as well capability.

How do I say I'm sorry to him, Jeremiah thought, when the word is never gonna come out and now that I'm on the other side … I couldn't even tell him that I love him. His fingers clenched at the white basin of the sink, just a little bit shy of his knuckles turning white.

He had needed Algie in his life like the air he breathed but it was now just another thing he ran from. A single word repeated itself over and over in his head but he pushed it away.

I never learned to compromise, did I? Jeremiah shook his head and finished cleaning himself up. It was not too late and he was hungry. He'd put in a call for some take-out from a local place, though it made him want to wrinkle up his nose.

Mostly because of the girl that worked there who wanted him to pronounce things for her. Sometimes he did not understand what it was about American women and how English accents made them want to drop their knickers.

The other? He preferred cooking himself but there was little of that here.

Besides that the last time he had cooked a meal it had been for Alg and himself. Jeremiah wanted to hang onto that for as long as possible. His stomach could suffer.

lyrics used
    my fingerprints out
    Now L-O-V-E is just another word I never learned to pronounce
    How do I say I'm sorry when the word is never gonna come out
    Now L-O-V-E is just another word I never learned to pronounce

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:29 pm
Tight jeans, double Ds and that makes a man go utterly nutters. Jeremiah watched another woman slide up to a man at the bar. She was almost as bad as the woman he had tried to chat him up not that long ago.

"Ooh, ooh, honey, you just know all the right things to say to a sweet thing like me ..." she said, pushing at the man's shoulder from where she sat down in his lap.

Tonight it was an open air bar and it was easy to see that even all the people on the street side-eye the woman as they walked by.

"Look at you go!" her voice carried once more and Jeremiah really wondered what it was that some of these men saw in a bar fly. "Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh! A bulls-eye too! You're a natural! Didn't you say this was your first time playing darts?" This time she was talking to another one of the men and Jeremiah frowned.

Mostly because the men seemed more focused on looking at her low-cut see-through shirt.

That just makes it worse ... He sighed and pressed a hand to his face.

"Ya think you could better?" Jeremiah looked up as one of their number had apparently noticed him making his faces and spoke to him. He gave the man a smile and inclined his head.

"Ooh, ooh!" The woman perked up, looking between the two of them and pushing herself up to stand. "I wouldn't mind seeing a real competition!"

That's the way they all come, he thought, pushing himself up and standing near toe to toe with the man, and I will just go through them like they're not even worth my time.

"Ooh, do you think you're a big guy for standing up and not saying anything? You're nothing but some punk a** kid. I've seen you hanging around here and you've done nothing but skulk," the man continued on.

He stared at him, blue-green eyes gone hard. "I was actually thinking that I could use another pint but all you have here is swill and I've had my fill of that."

"Ooh!" The woman gasped. "He's a Brit!"

Jeremiah could not even, for a moment, stop the groan that escaped.

lyrics used
    Tight jeans, double Ds makes a man go ooh, ooh
    All the people on the street go ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
    Low-cut, see-through shirts that make ya ooh, ooh
    That's the way they all come through like, ooh, ooh

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:32 pm
It was a mess after that because once Jeremiah had been acknowledged as potential competition for the woman it was all over but the gross, ugly crying he planned on trying to make them do. He was not feeling particularly kind, the mantra already repeating in his head.

'Cause I just set them up, he threw a punch and ducked under the whistle of what he assumed was a pool cue, just set them up ...

Everything started to blur together as he fought, no longer caring if he got hurt or injured. Jeremiah simply did not want to feel or think. The mantra repeated in his mind: Just set them up to knock them down.

He did not stop moving, did not stop fighting back, even when he felt a particularly jarring kick to his ribs and his breath was stolen. This bunch of idiots would not see him fall. It would never happen, he would never let it.

I set them up, I set them up ... his mind whirled on adrenaline and the anger turned to bitter sorrow as the fight went on.

I set them up to knock them down because I don't want to fall anymore.

lyrics used
    'Cause I just set them up
    Just set them up
    Just set them up to knock them down
    I set them up
    I set them up
    I set them up to knock them down

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:35 pm
"You know," Jeremiah said with exasperation as he spoke to Algie, "that type of thing just don't work on me." Then he proceeded to laugh as the other made a face at his poor grammar before he continued. "The whistlin', trying to flirt with me."

"Then you might want to tell Evelyn don't take this personally," the brunette responded, "because she looks as if she's going to kill you for turning her down just to spend a night at the pub with me."

The silver-haired young man pouted a bit at his friend, leaning against him and batting his eyes. "Do I really have to?"

He was promptly shoved off of Algie and out of his chair with another laugh.

"You know I only have eyes for you, Alg!" he said as the other rounded on him for what was likely to be one of their usual wrestling matches.

lyrics used
    You know that type of thing just don't work on me
    Whistlin', trying to flirt with me
    Don't take this personally

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:39 pm
It's 'cause we were never in love. Not really. If we were I would have been able to tell him and not be here. It is a lie Jeremiah told himself as he looked in the mirror. This night is the worst by far. His ribs are a mottle of blues and purples and he thinks, with the way it hurt to breath, that one of them might have been fractured.

"It doesn't matter who you say you are," A voice carried over the television, something that he had turned on for noise and to not just listen to his thoughts. It was some drama that he had absolutely no interest in. Especially when he had realized that one of the main leads had the exact same eye color as Algie.

That ridiculous, impossible shade of green.

"Could you stop singing out the window of your car? You're going to get yourself hit!" A woman's voice this time and she just barrelled on. "I can't believe you'd go find another girl across the bar like you did!"

Jeremiah turned from the bathroom, gasping as it pulled at things, and stalked to the television to turn it off.

He had no desire to see this scene (he had watched this episode before) of the woman finally admitting her love for the man. It just-

Jeremiah could not stand it, not anymore. He wanted this gone from his mind but the late nights and the fights were not distracting him anymore. The young man curled up on the bed after he bandaged his ribs and dealt with anything that was bleeding.

His fingers were closed around an old picture of him and Algie not long before he left, their arms thrown around each other with troublesome smiles. It had been right before they had gotten themselves kicked out (and banned) from a pub.

"'Cause love's not what this was," he whispered into the darkness of the motel room in a desperate attempt to lie to himself.

It was not working.

lyrics used
    Cause we were never in love
    It doesn't really matter who you say you are
    Singing out the window of your car
    Go find another girl across the bar
    'Cause L-O-V-E's not what this was

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers