- 2 persuasion
- 1 combat

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:12 pm
Powers

Quote:

Warg

America can see through the eyes of Mr. Bitterberry, the bluejay she's begun bonding with. She's still at a fairly beginner level, and can only see through his eyes.

Quote:

Glyph Magic

the knowledge of how to use will and symbols to imbue an item with a desired ability

shadow shield glyph

the item marked with this glyph will allow the user to hide within a small pocket of shadows, blocking them from being seen and protecting against a single attack. the user can hide one other person with them. the item may be tossed at the ground and used as an escape, disorienting a foe, or tossed at another person to protect them but the item will be sacrificed and another must be made.

the magic will fade with repeated use and will need to be refreshed. it can later be upgraded to be more effective.

This is a teachable magic. A (slightly weaker) version of a glyph may be learned from America through an RP with her teaching it to the other visitor. It will not cost RP points.

Quote:

Lift

Wingardium Leviosa, except you can only lift things with your brain that you could physically lift with your arms. I mean, you should still lift mostly with your knees, though.

lizbot

No Faun

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:14 pm
RP Log

Intro orps
A Hole in the World
Sunday

Phase 1
Get Back
The Fiddle and the Drum
Going in Circles

Phase 2
The Beach Concert
Stones Like Black Teeth
For Every Beginning

Phase 3
Void : An End, To All Things

M4
Sunrise
Horizon

lizbot rolled 3 4-sided dice: 3, 4, 1 Total: 8 (3-12)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:44 pm
Prompt 1

Quote:
What sort of lodgings do you acquire for your stay?
1. You know, I've always liked camping. (None)
2. It's fun to stay at the YMCA. (Youth hostel/homeless shelter)
3. I scrounged up enough cash to secure a rented room. (Hotel/rented room)
4. I've managed to find a comfy bed with a kindly family or group. (Rented room, free)

What sort of clothing do you find to help you blend in?
1. My clothes are fine. (None)
2. I found a clothesline. (Stolen off a clothesline; low-class or poorly meshing)
3. I scrounged up enough cash to secure a pretty decent outfit. (Purchased; mid-class or slightly against social mores)
4. Someone took pity on me and helped me blend in more. (Free; easy to pass)

How are you going to earn some cash?
1. I don't need it. (None)
2. Busking! I'm good at it! (Low income)
3. Some under-the-table work. (Middleish income)
4. I've always fancied myself a con man... (High income)

Buying: Warg, +1 persuasion

lizbot

No Faun

lizbot rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:46 am
Glitch  
lizbot rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:42 am
Glitch  

lizbot

No Faun

lizbot

No Faun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:50 pm
Principal Application

Quote:
The door opens but America is already focused on the sigil. Holding her arm out to Temperance with a warm, trusting smile, she accepts the wound. Everything worthwhile has a cost, after all. The world wasn't a charity and America, even if she could be kind, was not a charity, either.

Was this worthwhile?

"If anybody needs help, take my hand and I'll help you pour your magic in til' it's fit to bursting," America's voice sounds distant to her own ears.

She doesn't close her eyes this time, the feeling and scent of the symbol now fixed strong in her senses. She's here for Sunny and that's worthwhile, Sunny of the beach, of fishing through waves of magic and keeping her safe from its tides. Of late night texts and translating for scowling birds and early morning visits full of familiar pastries and muffins and shoes scuffing shyly on the dock. She jumped out of friendship and the cause has grown so much larger than that, but if asked, she still isn't here to change the nature of magic or cage some great enemy. She's here for the friend who once said, "I've been to prison. It wasn't that fun." The girl who, frienzied and broken and powerful and free...also looked lost and so very young confronted with it all.

Sunny was more than worthwhile, and America would pay whatever she was able, whatever could be given as long as it was hers to give.

She thinks on that friendship more anything and believes in it, she has always believed that Sunny is the good part of magic, and even now she still believes that. She's thousands of years old and those roots gotta go deep and how has she stayed sane? How does she still find moments of joy and curiosity and love after so many thousands of years?

Innocence,creation, wisdom.

It's a good place for them, isn't it? What better way to grow in this world, to love this world? And grow and grow and grow, but be guided by those three aspects until they're at the precipice of freedom once more, and it's nothing frightening, it's nothing destroyed. It's not a hole in the world but a path leading through it.

Growth, guidance, freedom : to allow magic to more naturally be part of this world.

As she bleeds onto the sigil, America's magic blooms out from her, coaxed and coaxed until she's stretching past her limits and then focuses it all down into her blood and the symbol beyond it.

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff