Submit

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:27 pm
lift your teeth from their ********," is the first thing Alexis says after reading the paper (the boy didn't look twice at them, freckle-faced and thin; as long as they paid he didn't care), having wandered into an alley so that it was safer; and again, with more feeling, <********>" They reach a hand into their mouth, feeling carefully around their gums, surprised at the lack of blood - "...fine. s**t. I can work with this. You - what's your name?"

They're looking straight at Veronica, handing the paper off to her.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:44 pm
lift your teeth from their wings
      It's not like she wasn't startled at their first arrival. Ashdown looked compeltely different, and Vero wasn't sure she liked it or felt comfortable with it. Gingerly taking the paper from the other, Veronica skimmed it over, feeling a loud what on her tongue the moment she saw the date. She held it back.

"V-Veronica. It's Veronica. s**t." Was it obvious she was startled? "What's yours, and, uh..."

She looked down at her witch costume, then glanced at their clothes. Vero bit her lip.

"Um. I think we're a little out of place."

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:50 pm
"No s**t, Sherlock," Alexis half-mocks, their hands shaking as they mindlessly separate their hair into strands to braid. "Alexis. 's Alexis. And before you ask, I have no ********' clue what's going on here either, but --" they breathe deep, trying for a center that isn't there -- "we gotta find someplace to stay first. Nobody's gonna take a bunch of people in weird outfits. Homeless shelter, if you're lucky and there's one around."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:08 am
      "I wasn't going to ask." She murmured, crossing her arms. Unfazed by their quip, the young adult glanced at Alexis, looking them up and down before her eyes moved to look around the area. "With enough effort I'm sure we can get a job and find a room or something. Clothes can't be that hard to find, or that expensive." She murmured, pulling her phone out from her pocket to see if there were any job openings on Google.

She then remembered there was no Google. Or Internet, for that matter.

Veronica winced. "Oh my god. Okay, yeah, crap. We should do that." Dimly remembering she'd forgotten to buy that ice cream she'd promised her brothers, Vero dug her hands in her pockets. "I've got a few dollars. Do you think we'd be able to get a room somewhere? I know money used to be worth more in the past."

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:35 am
"In case you forgot, everyone's super ******** racist in the 20s, and I'm white as driven snow but I look like a street rat," Alexis scowled. "And sure, our money might be worth more, but is it gonna pass for real money here? I dunno if money looked the same back then." They worried their lip with their teeth. "Right now. Back now. Whatever."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:00 am
      Veronica shrugged. "You're acting like I can't use that to my advantage. I happen to be a very good seamstress, and if I remember correctly, blue collar workers were known to be colored." She pursed her lips at Alexis before tapping her chin thoughtfully. "Well it'd never hurt to try. If not, I'm sure someone's looking for some sort of clothes repair or needs a cashier." Or something. She hoped.

And in fact, they did. Almost 2 blocks from where they stood, was a store in search of a cashier. Veronica gestured at it, smiling widely and gaining some bewildered stares. "See. Now we just need to actually look okay enough to get the jobs. I think I saw a clothes shop nearby, we could try the dollars out there."

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:28 am
"You can sew, but that's you. I can't." Alexis didn't seem necessarily worried about it. "Honestly 'm more worried 'bout keepin' tabs on everyone else who came through - I know Sunday said nobody'd remember us when we leave, but if anyone causes a fuss, I feel like we should probably be there to help. And you -- you can try the clothes shop -" Alexis had gone quiet when Veronica gestured - "I'll steal something. 's fine."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:47 pm
      "I'm sure there's something you can do." Veronica chided, staring at the shop with slight curiosity before releasing a light hum. "We can find the others another day. Maybe when we get a solid place to stay." By the time Alexis reached the end of their talk, Veronica pursed her lips. "Steal? What if you get caught? If you get thrown in jail I'm not quite sure how we'll bail you out." Veronica crossed her arms. "And just where would you steal these clothes from? I doubt there'd be clothes just hanging around somewhere."

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:12 pm
"I wouldn't get caught," Alexis huffs. "If modern-day policemen don't catch me, this is ********' 80 years ago, I think I'm fine. And there's clotheslines everywhere. If worst comes to worst, I punch someone out in an alleyway and steal their clothes." They're oddly laissez-faire about the whole thing.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:47 pm
      "Fair enough. You sound like you've been on the streets for a while," Vero shrugged. "But alright. I'll fix anything you need if you manage to get me a needle and some thread. I'm pretty sure you'll need it, since you're so thin!" She hadn't meant that as an insult. "Try not to do that last one though. I'm sure money can't be that hard to come by."

She was trying to sound optimistic.

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:55 pm
"I weigh over a hundred," Alexis protested, apparently insulted. "'m not that skinny, am I?" (They absolutely were. It was all muscle, but they absolutely were.) "Look, if nothing we do here gets remembered, we probably won't get stuck here -- so if I gotta, I'm gonna."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:26 pm
      Veronica suddenly felt incredibly fat. "You look less than 90. You need more food in you. When my mom gets her hands on you--" Veronica stopped. Wilted slightly. "Um. If, if she gets her hands on you. She'd stuff all our food in your mouth! You'd love it, it's delicious."

Rice and beans always hit the spot.

"I hope so too. Is there something in specific we're supposed to be looking for?" Veronica asked, having grabbed a magazine from the front of the store and idly flipped through it.

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:34 pm
"I do not," Alexis snorted, but just ended up sighing. "Nah. My teeth're all ******** up. It's not a thing here, I guess, but -- 's just all shark teeth. I can't really eat anythin' that needs to be chewed, thanks, Ashdown." And as far as what they were looking for? "******** if I know. Rips in the veil, maybe. Things that make it clear this isn't our timeline? I'm not the smart one."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:24 pm
      Vero chuckled at the indignant reply, but otherwise found it endearing. At the teeth mention, Vero hummed lightly. "Maybe I could make it myself while we're here? Since uh, no sharks teeth and all. Dad always told me I could make something if I put my mind to it." She just hoped putting her mind to it didn't mean destroying another kitchen. "Maybe it's not happening yet." She liked to think the world was giving them enough time to chill before messing up everything.

quite uneventful

Kawaii Garbage

18,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Daekie

Stellar Wildcat

23,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:33 pm
"That'd be nice," Alexis admitted hesitantly, "but you shouldn't make any promises yet. We might not have a kitchen t'use, y'know? Besides -" they gave her a light shove - "you should go get yourself a job before it gets dark and you're homeless in 1922."  
ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff