[Solos] Nov 1, 1969 (Rylan/Ves)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:18 pm
beepboop  
MoonRazor rolled 3 4-sided dice: 4, 4, 4 Total: 12 (3-12)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:19 pm
The Wizard of Oz. Rylan paused to eye the display of old-timey televisions he'd only ever seen in pictures. An age when color images were still a new concept. He glanced around, noticing the faded, now dull colors that meant his was no longer the vibrant magic-enhanced shrike vision he'd developed somewhere along the way.

"No magic?" he said aloud to the amber-eyed shrike on his shoulder. Imp only peeped. "This could be interesting."

He turned from the TVs and made his way toward the handful that had gathered on the corner of the street, warily eyeing a homeless man with a sign. REPENT.

"Sir? You got the date?" He asked. November 1, 1969.

"You an actor or somethin?" The man jabbed his sign at Rylan's clothes.

"Oh, n- yea. Sort of. Just a futurist nightmare play," he answered, thanking the man with a nod and turning toward the street.

"Excuse me, did you say you were an actor?" An unfamiliar voice followed him out of the small gathered crowd.

Rylan turned to see an impeccably dressed woman with a young daughter who was looking up with him with starry eyes. The look on her face spoke of an adoration that reminded him of Corra when she'd been younger.

"My daughter and I love plays," the woman continued. "What's your about?"

"The uh, year 2016." Not really a lie. "There's magic, and a disaster. It's a developing story, really."

"Oh, are you a struggling actor?" The woman gasped, eyes wide.

"Depends on what you define as struggling, really." And actor.

That seemed to be the right answer. The woman waved him over urgently with jewel-encrusted hands. "You have to come with us – stay for dinner, won't you? My husband will be fascinated. Anything to help a young actor on his way to fame and fortune! You won't forget us when you make it to the top, I presume."

She was nodding at him with a hopeful look on her face, half eager, half in earnest, as if this was the most exciting thing to have happened to her all week.

"I shouldn't impose, ma'am," he began.

"Oh, please, Mr—"

"Rylan."

"Mr. Rylan, please, it would be our pleasure. Really."

It didn't feel right. He'd about decided to shake his head with a pained smile and continue on his way when the little girl spoke up.

"If there's magic in your play, then how can there be a disaster? The magic would stop it." She was so curious, so puzzled, trying to understand the plot of a story that could one day be her own.

There was a brief pause before Rylan finally let the sunny smile slide across his face. "Alright, I'll explain at dinner."

The woman was ecstatic. She let out a barely suppressed squeal, grabbing him by the crook on his arm and leading him away from the corner toward the nicer side of town. "We've got room in our house too, if you need to stay. We have clothes, we have..."

Rylan shut his eyes in a grateful grin. "Thank you, Mrs..."

"Callister!"

"Thank you, Mrs. Callister. Really. Thank you."

-----

Rolls for Ry

4: I've managed to find a comfy bed with a kindly family or group. (Rented room, free)
4: Someone took pity on me and helped me blend in more. (Free; easy to pass)
4: I've always fancied myself a con man... (High income)

12 points = 4 bonuses?

Redeeming:
1. Warging power
2. Eavesdrop power
3. +1 to combat rolls
4. HP Up power  

MoonRazor

MoonRazor rolled 3 4-sided dice: 1, 4, 2 Total: 7 (3-12)

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:20 pm
For lack of a better idea, Ves' feet led her toward Rider-Waite. The familiar campus was about the only comfort she'd found in this unfamiliar time, without any of her modern companions nearby. Where had they all gone? She wouldn't believe that she was the only one who'd wound up here, on this particular timeline.

She'd find them eventually.

For now, she sat on a bench on the edge of campus, humming to herself, looking... well. Lost, she was sure. Could she have looked any other way?

"Are you singing for tips, or just singing to yourself?"

Ves looked up, surprised. A young man wearing thick rimmed glasses stood nearby. It only took her a moment to arrange a pleasant smile on her face, and she shrugged. "Do I look that out of place?"

The young man laughed, nodded. "Here, have this," he said, pulling a $5 note out of his pocket and handing it to her. "What are you doing here? Ashdown's not really the kind of place for a stranger."

Didn't she know it. Ves blinked. "I don't know, really." That was as much truth as she could ever have mustered.

The man gave her a thoughtful frown. "Listen, there's a Y nearby, but let's find you some... more normal clothes. There's standing out, and then there's sticking out. Blend in a bit, maybe."

"Isn't it all... free love, free everything?" But she got up anyway and nodded. She'd take any help she could get.

--------------------

Rolls for Ves

Dang Ry you done good...

2. It's fun to stay at the YMCA. (Youth hostel/homeless shelter)
4. Someone took pity on me and helped me blend in more. (Free; easy to pass)
1. I don't need it. (None)

7 points = 2 bonuses

Redeeming:
1. +1 persuasion
2. Increase money situation to 2  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:13 pm
Hours later, they found each other again. Ves, having just come from Danny's house outfitted with more contemporary clothing and on her way to the YMCA. Ry, having excused himself from the Callisters' house for a short walk around town. They ran into each other on the edge of the Rider-Waite campus, amid the bustle of the college students' lives.

"Have you found a place to stay?" Rylan asked her with a smile.

"The Y, I guess. For now, anyway. How long are we going to be here?"

Rylan shrugged. "Better find out sooner than later, right?"

kuropeco

iloveyoudie

MoonRazor

iloveyouDIE
Crew

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:21 am
"You goin to the concert man?" A large bearded passerby spoke to his shorter, red headed companion. Both sported leather jackets and smelled of beer and weed but didn't cast even a glance to Rylan or Ves.

"If you're there I'm there. Heard the band is playin. Should be pretty bitchin," They continued on their way.

"Pretty much anyone who is anyone's going.." As their voices faded there was a handwritten flyer for the same concert stuck to a telephone pole which blew in the wind and came undone to hit Rylan in the chest.

Perhaps a coincidence, perhaps divine intervention. Maybe it would be worth checking out.

moonrazor
please remember to note your point trade-ins and powers in your record! Thanks!

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games