[SDRP] Hey Junie, Welcome To The 60's [Juniper]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:08 pm
Stepping through the door was a surreal experience. One minute she was in the library, the next she found herself on a busy street clamoring with people. There wasn’t a familiar face in sight and the door was gone. She was stranded. How was she going to get back? That….hadn’t been covered in the little gathering. Only that the way would remain open for them but not how to find it. “Perfect.” She muttered as people milled around her as she stood stupidly in the middle of the walk-way.

Some walking by gave her odd glances. Her hoodie, though unique and certainly different, was a bit too different when compared to the many fashions surrounding her. Welp, that would be one thing to take care of.

A thought struck her and she immediately fished in her back pockets as she moved off to the side to get out of the way of traffic. Her hands landed upon the small wad of cash she had. It consisted of the money she had busked Halloween morning as well as a portion of her pay check which she had been intending to pay a bill with. Well, though it wasn’t desireable to spend it, she at least wasn’t completely broke.

With nothing else to do, Juniper began heading down the street. She caught sight of a gentleman leaning against the side of a building, newspaper nearly covering his face. Without thinking of it, Juniper walked up to him and cleared her throat. “Um, excuse me, what’s the date today?”

The man didn’t seem to realize she was talking to him until Juniper tapped his paper slightly. He finally focused on her and raised a brow. “What was that?” He asked, his eyes giving her clothing a once over.

“The date?” She questioned again, not bothering to acknowledge the fact that she knew her clothing was off.

“November 1st, 1969.” He said, a weird look crossing his face that clearly said he thought the girl might be a bit off her rocker. When it was apparent that was all Juniper wanted, he lifted the paper up higher, effectively blocking her from saying anything else to him should she change her mind.

Well, damn. Juniper thought. This will be interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:47 am
A sign hung in a window.

‘VACANCY’

Juniper vaguely remembered the building from modern day, Ashdown. It certainly hadn’t been a hotel. She couldn’t remember what it was now, but it didn’t really matter. Here, in 1969, it was a hotel and possibly her ticket to someplace to stay. Who knew how long she’d be stuck here after all. “I wonder if I can rent it on a longer term basis.” She pondered as she slipped into the building.

The quaint lobby area was quiet. The only person she noted was a woman in an orange jumper dress behind the desk. Again Juniper was reminded that she didn’t quite look right for the era. She’d need to rectify that later.

Walking over to the woman, Juniper offered her a smile. “Hi, I was wondering if you have any rooms available for possibly a set rent for a few weeks?” She had no idea if this was even a thing in the 60’s, but hell, she was willing the try.

The woman smiled right back at her, obviously putting on the customer service act as she quickly perused papers. “As a matter of fact.” She stated while she pulled a file from a drawer beside her. “I do have a single room. It’s on the 2nd floor.”

Juniper tried not to let her relief show. “That’s perfect. What do I need to do to secure it?”

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:20 am
Welp, she had paid for the first two weeks rental of the hotel. Her wad of cash was siginifigantly smaller now and she worried.

Could she get a job somewhere? Wouldn’t there be an issue with her social security number though? Did they use those here? Maybe an under the table gig? Yea, and how easy are they to find?

She huffed, her hands in her pockets. The November cold was getting to her.

“If only I had my Violin with me.” She mused. That had always been a reliable source of money, maybe not a ton, but it brought something in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:25 am
It had to have been a stroke of luck. Sure, it wasn’t in the best of shape with a few dings and scratches, and some of its strings needed to be replaced, but she had found a violin. It had obviously been through quite an experience, but it would be serviceable for what she had planned. And, with it in the state it was, she wouldn’t feel terrible if it continued to get roughed up.

As long as it didn’t break while she still needed it.

“Thank God, that pawn shop owner was nice.” She mused to herself as she walked down the street back to the hotel with her prize. He must have seen she was desperate and in dire need or something cause he let her haggle him down. Now the only thing left in her pocket was a few ones. Enough to probably get strings and maybe dinner for the evening.

Busking was something she was use too. She had a means of making money until she could figure something else out.

Then again, hopefully she wouldn’t be here long enough to have to really worry about it.

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:26 am

Exploring. That was the best way to understand the layout of this place.

Of course, it would be better if she had more cold weather appropriate clothing. Ever since arriving, Juniper had felt the cold bite of the approaching winter. A strong indication that magic was no longer at her disposal to protect her. It was….bothersome, but there wasn’t much she could do about it.

Turning a corner, she wrapped her arms around herself in an attempt to stay warm. The light hoodies she had donned in modern day Ashdown had been more than enough for her. Now, it wasn’t cutting the mustard. She needed more, but after spending the last bit of money on the violin in her hotel, well...she was a bit out of luck.

A cold breeze whipped at her hair. A shudder ran down her spine as she looked around her.

Eye lighted upon a line of clothes.

I never thought I’d be desperate enough. She thought to herself.

But what else was she going to do?

Glancing around she looked to see if anyone was nearby before shimming up and over the fenceline and into the tiny yard where the clothing was. She caught herself on the fence, nearly ripping her own hoodie, but just managed to pry herself free before dropping to the ground.

No one come outside. No one come outside. No one come outside. She chanted in her head as she worked to relieve a few colorful shirts from the line, a pair of jeans that look like they may fit, and coat that was still soaking wet.

She heard a door slam. <********. ********. ******** are you?!”

Juniper didn’t waste any time. She flung the clothes over the fence, vaulted it, this time tearing her hoodie in the process. She didn’t care though.

“THIEF! HEY! GET BACK HERE!” The man’s voice was booming behind her.

Juniper scrambled to gather up the clothes she had managed to nab and ran as if he life depended on it while the man continued to scream obscenities at her.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:33 am
The clothes were finally dried.

She had hung them on various surfaces around the hotel room. It had taken ages, but they were clean, fresh and able to be donned.

As it turne dout though the pieces she had gathered didn’t necessarily go well together. Her own jeans were serviceable though. And one of the tops she had she could maybe make it work if she didn’t have to worry about the cold. All it would take was tying it into a knot and making it into a crop top. But….that wasn’t feasible. It almost looked like she had a dress on over top her jeans.

And the coat…

It was a fancy style peacoat that definitely didn’t look right with the rest of her clothes.

“s**t.” She said as she looked at herself in the mirror on the bathroom door. “I might have been better off with just my hoodie at this rate. If I hadn’t ripped it.” The article of clothing in question laid in a ball on the floor by the bed.

She really had no other choice. She’d just rock it and making it look like this was what she intended. She’d seen some interesting displays of clothing while walking around. So, maybe she wasn’t completely screwed.

Maybe after she got some money from busking she could get something else.

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:35 am
((Prompt 1 complete))

iloveyouDIE

kuropeco

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:19 am
The girl with the flaming red hair that passes by Juniper on her way to the corner diner almost collides with her, the skateboard whizzing past. There is a scuffle, a tumble, and then she is upright again, sweeping frizzing red locks from her flushed face, a grin stretching wide across her lips.

"Hey! You look like you could use a good time!"

Without waiting, a flyer is thrust into Juniper's hands. It proclaims, in large, colorful, blocky letters, COME TO THE ASHDOWN BEACH! FREE CONCERT!! It's bright and cheerful, and on the bottom is scrawled, Not a protest, just come and have a good time!!

"Think about it, won'tcha?" the girl calls, already climbing back onto her battered board, and then she's gone, in a rush of bubblegum smelling sweetness.

kolina

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

ashdown

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas