Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:49 pm
Washington Square Park is recognizable in any decade, its trademark arch framing a view of the World Trade Center towers to the south. There is a commotion on the plaza by the fountain, pedestrians either pushing to see or pushing past the traffic jam. When you make your way to the center of the crowd, you are greeted with the sight of dozens of people, ranging in age from their teens to their fifties, lying on the ground, arms outstretched, poster boards across their chests - Killed by the FDA. Killed by the System. ACT UP.

You've no sooner absorbed this sight than police sirens erupt from Waverly Place. An officer with a bullhorn divides the crowd - "CLEAR OUT. CLEAR OUT. OFF THE GROUND. NOW."

He hauls one protestor off, and the rest rise from the metaphorical dead, vanishing into the crowd before the officer comes back from his squad car. Within a few minutes, the crowd has almost completely dispersed, and no sign of the die-in remains.

Almost.

A young man sits on the edge of the fountain, legs crossed at the ankles, the ACT UP signboard tucked under his knees. He has dusky skin. Pale eyes.

He looks familiar.

He's reading a newspaper.

The newspaper is floating in midair.

Quote:
This is an optional ORP!! Just for fun to set the tone for the era and get you guys together if you want before we move to the next stage

Marcus Lacroix
iStoleYurVamps

Nazriya Ravnholm & Isobel Penrose
Ephebe (no records yet)

Rabbit Vaughn
Smerdle

Oliver & Shiloh Beaumont
Melancholies

Jamie Delacroix
saedusk

Lily Babineaux
AMItotic

Zac Bantock
endejester

Temperance Clark
The Semblance of Unity

Connor Hill
Seussi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:01 pm
He’d made some money at least working at the book store, enough at least that he’d bought himself a pair of pants that fit without needing rolled up multiple times. It left him a little tight for food but as he was sometimes invited to share dinner with the owners of the bookstore it wasn’t as bad as it could have been.

He skirted the crowds, the protesters, and the police breaking up the whole affair, it’s not even till one is hauled away that things truly break up and he’s more free to walk the park in peace, hoping to see a familiar face, though not –very- hopeful if he had to admit.

There was one though, not ‘yes I know you’ familiar, but …familiar.

That and, well, his paper is floating.

He cautiously approaches.

“I-I’m very sorry if I’m interrupting, I just thought … well you look very familiar.”

He spares a glance at the paper and then back. “If I’m interrupting terribly though, please forgive me.”

Silv3rah

((gahh fixed))  

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:07 pm
The young man looks up from the newspaper, and his pale eyes narrow, as if trying to place Zac. "I could say the same about you," he said, lowering the paper slightly with a wave of his hand. "Like a friend of mine. Do you have an older brother or a cousin or something named Zachary Bantok?"

Endejester

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:16 pm
“Well… I … err.” He knew he had to look ridiculous, he had not been expecting, well first off his own name, and second that… whomever this was, familiar though they were, seemed to know him. An… older him to boot it sounded like.

“I… I might?” He offered hesitantly. “My, father was not…” He cleared his throat and waved a hand. It was true at least; his genetic father was missing since he was very young, and had had even then someone else he was seeing on the side. He could, in theory have siblings he didn’t know about.

“…Griffin.” He said sheepishly. “N-nicknames are, very acceptable. I’m aware that that name rather belongs to someone of, more talent.” He waved his hand at the paper.

Plus side, not lying, down side - embarrassing middle name, now embarrassing ‘first name’.

Silverah

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:13 pm
"Huh," says pale eyes, and then shrugs. "Maybe."

He waves the newspaper away entirely - it folds itself up, and he grabs it and tucks it under his arm.

"Liam Noor," he says, standing up and holding out a hand to shake. "At your service, Grif."

Endejester

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:07 am
Temperance had heard about the die-in and, at a loss of what else to do with her time, had ventured out of her hostel room. Unfortunately, it looked as though she was a little too late. The square had been cleared of people. However, all was not lost. As she approached the fountain, she could see someone who maybe could be Zac (she hoped it was) talking to someone else. From her angle, she could only see the back of that person, but she skirted the fountain, waving to Zac as she came nearer.

silverah
nyooming near
endejester
you both

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:15 am
It was tough work, making money without a network, but fortunately Lily retained enough of her years as a gymnast to make some change in the park. Her clothes were too wide and not quite long enough, consisting of a baggy shirt and some sweatpants that only went to her shins, but it was better than wearing a Halloween costume, and with some creative knots she could at least manage something resembling her natural silhouette.

She moved slowly over a threadbare mat that she'd snagged from the local gym, her wrists sturdy on the ground as she arced into a gangly handstand. She heard nothing jingle in the hat ahead of her, and so with a huff she shifted her weight to one side, wobbling as she lifted the other hand. Two excruciating seconds later, she heard the clink of a few coins and let out a grateful exhale, taking her time as she unwound herself from the pose.

Taking a moment to catch her breath, she stretched idly, looking out over the potential crowd in the park. Most of the people were more interested in the protest than helping a girl out, but she couldn't really blame them--whatever was going on seemed pretty important. She couldn't really blame the cops, either--they were just trying to do their jobs, right? They couldn't actually be bad people?

And then she saw a familiar swath of dyed hair that reminded her that she had a job she was supposed to be doing. Lily shifted off of her mat and rolled it up, grabbing for her cap and sliding on her tennis shoes, the same ones she'd worn the night they'd been sent back. She pocketed the rough dollar in change and slipped the baseball cap on, walking up slowly as she gave Zac a wave.

"What's up, buddy?" She greeted, hoping that the bags under her eyes would somehow counteract the fact that she hadn't been able to get anything resembling black eyeliner since she'd set foot in this time. It made her look too young, too cutesy, especially without her horns. "How are things and stuff?"

It was only then that Lily noticed Temperance, and leaned behind Zac to offer a quick wave. Her face suddenly felt incredibly naked, and on reflex she put a hand up to cup one cheek, as if that would cover her lack of goth vibes.

To distract herself from the warmth that began to flush her face, she cast a glance over to the other man, to his floating newspaper, and back to him. "Sup."

Silverah

endejester

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:32 am
“And at yours sir! For what it’s worth I mean, I just arrived recently so – “ He broke off a look of pleased surprise crossing his face to see Temperance. He waved back, and then another. Though he had to admit that meeting younger Liam left him rather surprised and on edge, this was a pleasant surprise.

“Ah, Hello!” He greeted in return “Their fine thank you! And yourself? Oh Ah…Introductions, Ah, M – Liam, this is Lilly; she was with me when I arrived in town the other day. Are you doing alright Lily you look, well, exhausted.” He said anxiously.

AMItotic

Silverah

The Semblance of Unity

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:19 pm
He was told that while admirable that he wished to pay back the Imam and his employer for their understanding and generosity, he was a fool to pass up exploring the city. Dangerous as it might be, it was still the heart of America in many ways, and he might see it now rather than never.

Going to Washington Square Park to see protest however, was both ironic in how he almost wished he could join them, and a hard reminder that this was not a place that was safe by any means. Strange occurrences abound, but the threat of 'the man' was real here, and he made sure to stay at the edges, watching.

People were from all over here really, and at first he missed it. It was normal at first glance. But as his eyes went back, Marcus's focus came to a stop. It was just that tiny detail, that small thing miss able in normal occurrences. Floating newspapers. Marcus kept to the sides, playing pretend, acting out the part of bystander when another odd tic.

Book boy. Zac. Coincidence was not a thing, not in a place this large and this different. Not to mention Unknown. Not to mention he'd lost contact with the others of Ashdown. If that was Zac, he should be finding out if he'd seen anyone else. Not to mention, others he'd seen in passing also began to appear.

"Hello." He slide his way to the gathered group, smiling.
"I'm afraid we seemed to have missed the protest, but, glad was seemed to not have missed each other." He looked at them all and for a moment was nervous.
"Also glad we're missing the weather than we've been having back home." A sly remark hinting, fishing that his eyes and mind were not tricking him. The man before him was the same one from Ashdown.

endejester
AMItotic
Silverah
The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:29 pm
    The bustle of the streets weren't lost on Oliver, who was still keeping a keen eye out for anyone that he might recognize. Even though the majority of faces from before were vague at best (he hadn't known anyone else, sans for his brother and Jamie) he still clung to hope that there might be someone out there who stuck out with their-era clothing, or acted a little different, or gave off some sort of bizarre vibe that he might be able to place as kinship. These were all little things that he was looking out for as he meandered around.

True, their group had come to the conclusion that together was always better, but as the day waned by and they slowly gathered their bearings it was becoming more and more apparent that they were all competent of wandering and regrouping. Today was no different; Shiloh was off doing god knows what and Oliver had found himself in Jamie's company for once, the two of them enjoying a nice chat.

“Anyway, the guy totally said I could keep coming back to play." He was picking at the wrapper of a candy bar, trying to find his footing to open up the slick wrapper, “It was kind of nice, but I'm still worried about how we're supposed to go home..." Sunday's words echoed about fixing the tears and how the others had stayed behind to keep the doors "open".

It was then that he—oblivious to the protest—was startled by the sudden shouting and chaos that followed it. Whatever it had been, it had ended almost as soon as it had started, the twin not necessarily close enough to the scene to glean what exactly had happened.

Instead he was greeted with the sight of a man—who, judging from his sign, had been a protester himself—as well as a small crowd of individuals (more protesters? But something seemed off—).

“Hey, Jamie?" He ducked down to whisper innocuously, “You recognize any of them?" It was a stretch, but it might pan out.

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:18 pm
Oliver might be surprised to realize how much that question wasn't a stretch. From person to person, at least of those gathered near the fountain, Jamie recognized all but a couple of them. Some by name, others by face, but needless to say he was positive a few of the ones he didn't recognize were also from their time.

"I do, yeah," he told Ollie as he smoothed his hands down the front of his shirt. It was a gift from the strange lady at the store, and he was grateful she'd seen something in him to warrant free clothes, but the fact she'd called him a girl never really went away. Not in a bad way or good way, but it stuck in his mind and refused to let it go.

That and, well, he was wearing traditionally feminine clothes. That served to keep reminding him, too.

"Should we go see if they've learned anything?"

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:28 pm
    “Couldn't hurt." He agreed, watching the group talk. “But, we should probably be careful," Oliver swallowed, “About our identities here, I mean. That women said we'd leave no impact on the setting, but—"

The last thing he needed was some impromptu butterfly effect s**t to happen, whether Sunday's words were to be believed or not. Something wrong could still happen. Something could always go askew. Life taught Oliver to expect the worst and prepare for the worst so you could be pleasantly surprised if it turned out for the better. Alternatively, there was nothing bitter when things panned out just as poorly as you expected it to.

"Anyway, I have faith in your judgement." Jamie had been the one to tell him about magic after all. Oliver had doubted him then, so it only seemed right to put his trust in him now as some sort of vague apology. He gave Jamie a once over, not really bothered by his choice of clothes. In fact, he hadn't even thought to comment on it (though the ensemble did earn a "whoa cute" from stupid obvious Shiloh).

Without wasting any time, he made his way over to the group, though he remained silent in his own right, merely observing.

saedusk

silverah
looking @ u

group
hi guys

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:59 pm
To the warning, Jamie gave a short, curt nod. It was true, playing it safe was their best bet, especially when any joe shmoe off the street might be a danger to their best laid plans, anyway. When he knew creatures like fetches existed, he found it hard to believe there weren't more hands of the enemy in their lives beyond their realization.

"I... appreciate that," he told Oliver as they walked over, looking sheepish over it. There was definite reassurance in the fact that after all these magical shenanigans proved true he had Ollie's trust.

"Um, h-hey guys. Sorry to butt in, but, um, we were just passing by and..." Shifting from foot to foot, he looked from those he recognized to those he didn't, eyes eventually hesitating on Liam.

Melancholies

everyone else lmao
awkward kid here hello

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:03 pm
Liam seemed surprised to suddenly find himself the center of attention. “Temperance!” he said, eyes darting nervously to the blonde. “You changed!” He looked down at her hands, confused, started to articulate a question… and then swallowed it. “I like what you did with your hair.”

He still seemed confused as he looked back towards Zac and Lily. “Here sightseeing?” he asked. “I hope you’re enjoying the trip. If may make a tourism recommendation, Sweeney Todd will be a classic… but I don’t know where you’ve come in from, and maybe you’d be better off sleeping off your jet lag.”

With Marcus’s arrival, he seemed to start looking for an exit route. “Did… did you all come together?” he asked nervously — and then, his eyes seized upon someone outside the group.

“Jamie!” Liam called, leaning up on his front toes. “Over here!”

He glanced back towards Temperance. “Funny coincidence. Maybe - maybe we can coordinate a bit? For Thursday?”

But then, he looked back to the tourists, set his jaw oddly - not sure how to proceed.

Endejester

the semblance of unity

iStoleYurVamps

Amitotic

Saedusk

Melancholies

Silverah
Vice Captain

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

endejester
Crew

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:37 pm
“N-not exactly.” Zac or well, ‘Grif’ said looking like he was a little at a loss with the sudden number of people as well. He did have one thing going for him though.

“Uh… yes, Sorry, You do look familiar, but, I think I might have to – to go to work now. H-here. “ He fumbled out some of the cards he’d grabbed from the counter of the book store, a few of them dropped to the ground, he glanced after them but rather than chasing them, flicked a gaze at some of the new comers and set a card down beside Liam for the shop.

“Sorry… It was very nice to meet you, or re-meet you or, yes.

He glanced at Temperance and raised his eyebrows. “Ah… Here, I think miss we do have that book you wanted.” He said to Temperance and fumbled her a card as well; flashing her a nervous look and trying to move a little away from the press of people.

It was certainly not that he wasn’t happy to see them but this was, well… awkward.
He hoped they took the tip and picked up the cards.

Silverah
Zac says: I fail at life...ohgod

the semblance of unity

iStoleYurVamps

Amitotic

Saedusk

Melancholies

ashdown

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash