Reply Main Forum
7/711 What do you mean, "self control"?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I spend money like an idiot.
  Me too.
  I think I'm fairly prudent about my spending.
  I don't have enough money to spend it frivolously.
  I don't have enough money to spend it frivolously, but I do anyway.
  I was told there was going to be pie in this thread.
View Results

Kittywitch
Crew

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:33 am
"Oh thank heaven for 7-11" Does anyone remember those commercials? For all I know that's still their slogan. I haven't had broadcast TV for fifteen years.

But that'a not why I made this thread. I made this thread to complain about how little self-control I have spending Gaia cash. I just see the stupid farging thing saying "spend two more dollars, and you fill up the tier and get a reward you're not particularly interested in!" and think "Two dollars? I have two dollars!" and just buy random things off my wishlist with Gaia cash.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:39 pm
I spend too much money on make up that I rarely wear. emotion_facepalm  

Cherry_slushy
Captain

Questionable Sex Symbol

11,625 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Kittywitch
Crew

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:49 pm
Cherry_slushy
I got a contouring palette in May and I haven't used it yet because I wanted to practice before I wore it in public and I haven't practiced...

Anyway, I mainly want to learn to contour for cosplay. I don't make a very convincing Jon Pertwee without any makeup.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:51 pm
Kittywitch
Cherry_slushy
I got a contouring palette in May and I haven't used it yet because I wanted to practice before I wore it in public and I haven't practiced...

Anyway, I mainly want to learn to contour for cosplay. I don't make a very convincing Jon Pertwee without any makeup.
If you figure out how to contour, let me know. I'm so pale that I can't find any decent videos or make-up palette.  

Cherry_slushy
Captain

Questionable Sex Symbol

11,625 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Kittywitch
Crew

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:20 am
Cherry_slushy
Kittywitch
Cherry_slushy

If you figure out how to contour, let me know. I'm so pale that I can't find any decent videos or make-up palette.
I know what you mean. I searched for ages to find a foundation that was anything like my skin tone, and when I finally did it was high-quality stage makeup.
Although, that said, it is a really good foundation, although you do need to learn how to use powder foundation which was a big change from the liquid foundations I'd been using up until this point.

I have been using White Heat, which is a white face powder leftover from when I was going full goth, to do highlights up until this point.

I've actually been thinking of doing a few beauty vlogs myself, but I'm not sure if I have any business recording myself putting on makeup when I've just started getting it to work most of the time.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:40 pm
Cherry_slushy
Kittywitch
Cherry_slushy

I know how to contoouurrrr. : D
The key is blending the cut-line well so you don't look like you swiped your jaw with a chocolate bar lmao.

edit:

The Smashbox contour palette works really well, as does the Kat von D Shade & Light palette. Both are easy to refill when a pan runs low.  

Toontastic
Vice Captain

O.G. Member

Kittywitch
Crew

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:01 pm
Toontastic
Cherry_slushy
Kittywitch
Cherry_slushy

The key is blending the cut-line well so you don't look like you swiped your jaw with a chocolate bar lmao.

edit:

The Smashbox contour palette works really well, as does the Kat von D Shade & Light palette. Both are easy to refill when a pan runs low.

I use Mehron StarBlend Professional Theatrical Cake Makeup in Eurasia Ivory which is one of two makeups I have found that actually match my skintone. The other one is Jackie Oates from Lush, and I just find Mehron easier to use. (although I have been using Jackie Oates as a concealer)
And I haven't been contouring, but I've been doing highlighting. My weeaboo trash side is showing with my makeup, I just love the looks in Japanese fashion shoots and I've been basing a lot of my makeup on that, ombre lips, white eyeliner on the inner corner of the eye, highlighting but not contouring, that sort of thing. And if that wasn't painfully nerdy enough, I've recently been having a little bit of eighties creep into my makeup, not the eyes but the dewy skin and frost lipsticks. Which would be a lot cooler if I wasn't convinced to do that because it looked good on Peri Brown from Doctor Who.
I've gotten the hang of that. I use goth white pancake makeup and white eyeliner to highlight. I'm just that pale.

This is the result, by the way.
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:37 pm
Kittywitch
Toontastic
Cherry_slushy
Kittywitch
Cherry_slushy

edit:

I use Mehron StarBlend Professional Theatrical Cake Makeup in Eurasia Ivory which is one of two makeups I have found that actually match my skintone. The other one is Jackie Oates from Lush, and I just find Mehron easier to use. (although I have been using Jackie Oates as a concealer)
And I haven't been contouring, but I've been doing highlighting. My weeaboo trash side is showing with my makeup, I just love the looks in Japanese fashion shoots and I've been basing a lot of my makeup on that, ombre lips, white eyeliner on the inner corner of the eye, highlighting but not contouring, that sort of thing. And if that wasn't painfully nerdy enough, I've recently been having a little bit of eighties creep into my makeup, not the eyes but the dewy skin and frost lipsticks. Which would be a lot cooler if I wasn't convinced to do that because it looked good on Peri Brown from Doctor Who.
I've gotten the hang of that. I use goth white pancake makeup and white eyeliner to highlight. I'm just that pale.

User Image

Have you considered using an eyeshadow instead? There's a lot of shadows that work really well for a highlighter and I assume they would be less harsh than theatrical makeup for daily wear. I'm also stuck in the "inspired by k-pop" makeup rut, but mostly because it's easy to slam on my face in ten minutes and I am down with any fashion trend that thinks my lumberjack brows are fleek af. It's a shame I never took any good pictures of my pokemon platinum trainer costume last halloween, it was ridiculous.  

Toontastic
Vice Captain

O.G. Member

Kittywitch
Crew

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:53 am
Toontastic
Kittywitch
Toontastic
Cherry_slushy
Kittywitch
Cherry_slushy

edit:

User Image

Have you considered using an eyeshadow instead? There's a lot of shadows that work really well for a highlighter and I assume they would be less harsh than theatrical makeup for daily wear. I'm also stuck in the "inspired by k-pop" makeup rut, but mostly because it's easy to slam on my face in ten minutes and I am down with any fashion trend that thinks my lumberjack brows are fleek af. It's a shame I never took any good pictures of my pokemon platinum trainer costume last halloween, it was ridiculous.

That hasn't been a problem, actaully.
I've been using the Starblend for almost exactly a year and maybe it's just reacting well to my skin but it really hasn't been a problem for me. It's possible that the way I'm using it is gentler to the skin than what you might expect. There are two ways you can use this brand, either you use a dry dense makeup brush or a wet makeup sponge. The wet method gets fuller coverage but it's more likely to streak. I only tried the wet method once because it was too much trouble for a not that impressive difference. So maybe if you were doing the wet method all the time it would be bad for you?
Also, there are several different kinds of theatrical makeup, I would never recommend wearing greasepaint as a daily foundation, but this particular brand is quality enough for daily use. Hell, my skin's reacting to it better than a lot of liquid foundations I've used.
But I think that it's also a very good quality of makeup.

Also, I've recently started using a liquid primer with this and it works great. Liquid primer, dry foundation, the result is full coverage and not streaky. Definitely the best foundation I've used, and I've been wearing makeup since middle school.
I mean, yeah, I do a full cleanse every night with toner and moisteriser, so maybe if I wasn't doing that this would be too harsh for my skin, but my skin's doing quite well.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:30 pm
Kittywitch
Toontastic
Kittywitch
Toontastic
Cherry_slushy

edit:

User Image

I've been using the Starblend for almost exactly a year and maybe it's just reacting well to my skin but it really hasn't been a problem for me. It's possible that the way I'm using it is gentler to the skin than what you might expect. There are two ways you can use this brand, either you use a dry dense makeup brush or a wet makeup sponge. The wet method gets fuller coverage but it's more likely to streak. I only tried the wet method once because it was too much trouble for a not that impressive difference. So maybe if you were doing the wet method all the time it would be bad for you?
Also, there are several different kinds of theatrical makeup, I would never recommend wearing greasepaint as a daily foundation, but this particular brand is quality enough for daily use. Hell, my skin's reacting to it better than a lot of liquid foundations I've used.

Also, I've recently started using a liquid primer with this and it works great. Liquid primer, dry foundation, the result is full coverage and not streaky. Definitely the best foundation I've used, and I've been wearing makeup since middle school.
I mean, yeah, I do a full cleanse every night with toner and moisteriser, so maybe if I wasn't doing that this would be too harsh for my skin, but my skin's doing quite well.

Ahhh, okay. I fearing for your face there for a second. There's a lot of indie brands that sell highlighters at a low price point (the the only reason I've not caved and tried them yet is because I will go very broke buying everything ever the second I do) like Colourpop and Shiro. A light concealer and clinique nudepop blush are my go-to though, because life is too short not to wear half a dozen blushes at once.

Or if you're in denial, you try to play it cool and claim to be inspired by Bobbi Brown when in reality you're just desperate to buy a new blush before you die.  

Toontastic
Vice Captain

O.G. Member

Kittywitch
Crew

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:30 am
Toontastic
Kittywitch
Toontastic

I mean, yeah, I do a full cleanse every night with toner and moisturiser, so maybe if I wasn't doing that this would be too harsh for my skin, but my skin's doing quite well.

Ahhh, okay. I fearing for your face there for a second. There's a lot of indie brands that sell highlighters at a low price point (the the only reason I've not caved and tried them yet is because I will go very broke buying everything ever the second I do) like Colourpop and Shiro. A light concealer and clinique nudepop blush are my go-to though, because life is too short not to wear half a dozen blushes at once.

Or if you're in denial, you try to play it cool and claim to be inspired by Bobbi Brown when in reality you're just desperate to buy a new blush before you die.
I got a really nice blush palette at Christmas, and I found it at a discount store of all places. Here's the thing about the makeup section of a discount store: it's going to have a combination of the cheapest, scuzziest makeup you've ever seen and some really high-quality stuff that other stores ordered too much of. Once you learn how to spot the difference you can get some really great stuff there.

This happened to be one of the good ones. It's a really effective, comfortable, highly pigmented blush and the fact I also think it looks cute as hell on my vanity is a plus.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(flora max makeup cherimoya blush)  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff