Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Chat Board (for all your OOC needs)
Terashi Toumei vs. the Snagemverse Remastered!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:17 pm
So, I'm re-writing this fanfic. Instead of being a rip-off of the movie with Snagem being the reference, this story will only be inspired (read: heavily) by Scott Pilgrim, and Snagems will be filling the roles of the Evil Exes! I don't have everything set in stone, nor to I have anything actually written yet, but I can at least leak the cast list! PM me with ideas if you want to be in the story! (Yes complaining about where I put you. Feedback is life.)

Terashi Nathaniel Toumei - The Hero
Keiko Yurino Carrie - The Love Interest
Lykas Fenrir - The Hero's Gay Roomate
Sir Chaos Deathrage - The Musical Talent
Evelyn Rose - The Drummer
James Terrazen - Knows Everyone (including you!)
~*~
Rein - First Evil Ex
Odd - Second Evil Ex
Reno - Third Evil Ex
Kiriu - Fourth Evil Ex
Blizzard/Sol - Fifth/Sixth Evil Ex
Sub - Seventh Evil Ex  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:33 am
So despite my behavior lately with my pre-MM and my attitude toward Snagem at a whole (which I realize is grossly inappropriate because this is a group of actual people, not some videogame to be perused at my leisure), I haven't abandoned this story. This is still (read: eventually) going to happen. Not anytime soon because my gaming addiction is coming back in full force lately (probably having to do with the drop in the amount of free time I have) but I still intend to make this a thing. There are bits of the story I don't want to reveal so they can be a surprise when it's actually done, but I would like to explain a bit of what's going on as well as justify why people are in the villain positions that they are. However, this is going to be hidden in a spoiler bar so that people who don't want this information beforehand can ignore it.

Black Brigade (League of Evil Exes)

In this story, Sub is looking to make the Black Brigade a sect of Team Snagem more permanently instead of being situational to protect what reputation the team has among its clients, so that Sub can manipulate the political climate of the world in the team's favor. Instead of gaining dominion over Keiko's love life and keeping Terashi out of it, they're using this nobody girl to try to recruit Terashi, who is an avid badge collector by now and also a Normal Channeler instead of being on the road to becoming a Psychic Channeler as he is in Snagem canon.

Rein (Matthew Patel)

Rein is a person who gets easily jealous of other people's power. Rein thinks that by beating Terashi, he can gain Sub's favor and prove himself worth of the Black Brigade. Thus, instead of performing Sub's will, he is an individual within the evil faction of the story, with his own goals and aspirations that Terashi unfortunately crushes for the sake of his own survival without learning much about what's going on around him.

Odd (Lucas Lee)

Odd is an accomplished Ghost Channeler, who is often employed for his abilities to give people (both living and dead) closure regarding to either loved ones or themselves depending on the nature of their existence. He is also loyal to Sub and, as a result, a member of the Black Brigade. Instead of being together as in Snagem Canon, Lykas simply has a crush on him and enjoys stalking him, which isn't very effective considering Odd's abilities. Odd fights Terashi simply to test his abilities, and to see Terashi's fabled mind for strategy, which he'd need since Odd shares the immunities that his Pokemon have, his primary concern being whether Terashi is worthy of Team Snagem as a whole. He doesn't believe Terashi has what it takes to join the Black Brigade until after their fight.

Reno (Todd Ingram)

Reno, despite being Sub's second-hand man, sees Terashi as a threat to his position after seeing him take down Odd, as the Normal Channeler is obviously very crafty for having done so. Unlike Rein and Odd, the fight against Reno is due to Reno's personal vendetta against Terashi. Their rivalry doesn't spark until Terashi beats Reno (read: barely), and the Psychic Channeler swears vengeance. They do form a sort of loose friendship after Sub's defeat, but Reno insists on fighting Terashi in the future despite that.

Kiriu (Roxanne "Roxie" Richter)

Instead of being Keiko's scorned lover, Kiriu is actually a split personality of Keiko's. Keiko, after Reno's defeat, has started developing feelings for Terashi and is growing tired of being used by the Black Brigade. Terashi, meanwhile, is getting aggravated by the constant assaults from what he assumes to be Team Snagem members (as he's heard nothing of the Black Brigade yet), and their frustrations don't mesh well. Eventually, Kiriu uses Keiko's stress to gain control of her body and attack Terashi. Halfway through their fight, Keiko fights back, at which point the battle continues in Keiko's mind, where she and Kiriu fight for dominance. When Keiko wins, she stands up and explains everything that just happened (but not why), and begs Terashi for forgiveness. He forgives her instantly, of course.

Blizzard and Sol (Katayanagi Twins)

When Reno attacked Terashi, he did so without orders from Sub. This got Reno demoted big time, but it also put a major kink in Sub's plans. Now, instead of being a potential recruit, Terashi was a problem. He knew he was being targeted by Team Snagem, but he thought he was being treated as an enemy without knowing why. Sub tries reaching out to Terashi to apologize for the actions of his lackeys, but Terashi retorts by saying he doesn't trust Sub or his team by now, and he states that he think Sub has something to hide. His original plan now being irreparable, Sub decides to have Terashi taken out by sending his biggest guns - the hybrids of two legendary Pokemon - Blizzard and Sol. This is not a fight that Terashi wins on his own, or is capable of winning on his own. But instead of being assisted by his band, he's assisted by his hybrid friends, Lykas, Odd, who are together at this point. Keiko, however, is unable to help him due to reasons I'll get into in Sub's segment. The battle is long and gruelling, but eventually, Terashi and co. come out victorious. However, Terashi's lacks the resources necessary to take on Sub at the moment, and has to watch Keiko walk away with him, feeling betrayed by her as a result.

It's worth noting that, while Blizz and Sol are the most "perform the will of the leader" of the Black Brigade lackeys, they question Sub on multiple occasions and even wonder aloud if Terashi's even worth bothering with. It's made clear that, like the other lackeys who have desires and concerns and intentions all their own, Blizz and Sol, while thinking little of Terashi himself, have minds of their own like everybody else. I'm still debating between three endings to their fight with Terashi.

1. They decide that he isn't worth their time after a while and just walk away.
2. They see that Terashi's simply reacting to what's been going on around him and don't see him as the threat to Sub's plans as the leader thought, and then walk away.
3. They retreat, admitting to Sub that if the fight went on, they might actually have lost to Terashi and that he is a valid threat.

Regardless of what I decide, Terashi doesn't just flat out defeat Blizz and Sol as he does some other Black Brigade members - they're too powerful for that.

??? (NegaScott)

It's a secret to everyone. At least until the story's done. Because, to be fair, I'm not publishing the story in this guild until it's done. That way I don't leave you guys with half the story and then abandon it like last time.

...though, I kinda am doing that by mentioning that I'm working on it at all. Crap.

Sub (Gideon Graves)

I'm tempted to withhold any information about this fight to save it for the story, but I did already say I'd save Keiko's part in this until this segment, so I might as well.

Keiko's Side
I'll start with Keiko. She's conscripted as an 'honorary member' of Team Snagem by the Black Brigade for the express purpose of tempting Terashi into joining Snagem. She's basically the Lopunny personification of clickbait in this story. She pretends to be romantically interested with him while playing hard to get, luring him closer and closer to Sub's goal while up-playing Snagem as a beacon of justice once she figures out what Terashi's MO outside of badge collecting is. By Reno's defeat, though, she's played too close to the fire and gotten burned, in that she starts developing real romantical feelings for him and starts seeing him not as a paycheck, but as boyfriend material. Thus, when their frustrations start coming up for air, Keiko's desire to be loved by him conflicts with his attitude toward pretty much everything going on at this point, compiled by her frustrations with the Black Brigade and how her feelings conflict with the job they gave her... all of this is what gives Kiriu her door. When Kiriu is beaten, Keiko is ready to drop the Black Brigade, which forces Sub to brainwash her in order to keep her side of his plans in place, leading her to walk away with Sub after the Blizz/Sol fight, and by the time Terashi shows up at Sub's doorstep, it's Kiriu that's with him.

Sub's Side]Sub's plans far outreach Terashi's place in them. Instead of wanting to level out the political climate to keep everything neutral as in Snagem canon, he wants to control the political climate to enforce peace with an iron fist. He's looking to rule. Terashi is merely a potential ally that, through the bumbling of his minons, becomes a problem, a thorn in his side. Sub's plans for Terashi are meant to place him in good standing in Team Snagem, and to make him an ally in the Black Brigade, and a powerful one at that, if his badge collection is any indication. Sub's plans, however, fall apart. They don't come to fruition due to problems with his crew, as a good bunch question his motives, which he doesn't always voice. Not everyone in the Black Brigade, let alone Snagem as a whole, is interested in controlling and eventually ruling the world, so Sub's orders worry them. That, and their own ambitions and actions as people, conflict with Sub's plans. So, through the actions of Rein, Odd, and Reno, Terashi comes to learn that Team Snagem, as Keiko never mentioned the Black Brigade, might not be the beacon of justice she made it out to be. So now, instead of gaining a potential ally, Sub has to cover his tracks. His original intention is to just drop Terashi's recruitment and move on. But when Keiko confesses everything she's aware of after Kiriu is contained, Terashi starts seeing Sub as someone that might need to be stopped. So he becomes a problem. This makes Sub mad. He was willing to put Terashi aside and move on, but no, Terashi had to antagonize. Now, Sub wants him taken care of, and since his second-in-command isn't up to snuff, it's time to bring in the big guns, except, they're not completely loyal to the cause, either. When they fail, Sub's frustrated to the point where he's ready to n** this thing in the bud once and for all, even if he has to do it himself.

So, Terashi hunts Sub down and finds him, and the two have it out to the sick beats of Sub's newest venture, Death Bob-omb (minus Ter). As the fight starts, Keiko is already panicking, but due to Sub's spell over her, she can't do anything but see what Kiriu sees. What makes it worse is that Kiriu eventually gets bored and starts attacking Terashi and Sub both just to entertain herself. Eventually, Sub starts getting an upper hand, and Keiko panics so much that she breaks the spell, grabs Terashi, and books it out. This occurs instead of the whole death/1up scene in the material this is inspired by. Terashi and co regroup, Keiko goes over what Kiriu learned about the Black Brigade, which is finally explained, and Terashi invades Sub's turf - this time, with help. Death Bob-omb is on Ter's side this time, he's got Odd, Lykas, and Keiko on his side, and the fight goes a bit differently. This time, Sub goes all out instead of wearing Terashi down with minions and some of his Channeler abilities. Eventually, it's just Sub against Terashi. Sub tries to brainwash Keiko again, but it fails this time, and Keiko helps Terashi finish Sub off.[/quote][/quote][/spoiler]

[quote="Finale

Terashi doesn't finish Sub off, just beats him into submission. Terashi, instead of just blindly killing someone who he thinks has been antagonizing him, demands to know more. Why he was targeted, what Sub was planning, and why. Eventually, he's made privy to the bigger picture. Terashi, with Sub beaten, dissolves the Black Brigade and assumes control of Team Snagem with the intent of giving power to the government and toppling down the true threats to peace. Unfortunately, this doesn't work out for Terashi as everybody sees Snagem as an enemy. Eventually, Terashi has to give the leadership of Snagem back to Sub and help him stabilize the political climate in order to finally bring about peace. Sub isn't being portrayed as the main bad guy in the story - that's Ein's job. He's more of a strategist and an opportunist who, for the sake of this story, just wasn't getting his way. I could probably write a completely new story based on the aftermath of this story, but I can't promise that I'll do that as this was meant to be a one-hit wonder of a story.

It's important to note that this is merely fanfiction and has nothing to do with our RPs. If anyone has a problem with me using their character for this or how they're portrayed, please, please let me know. However, this won't be added to any further, and the story itself won't be published until its finished for the sake of not giving up halfway. Right now, all I have is a decently thought-out idea, and stopping here won't be as bad as stopping with half the story readable. Though it'd still be bad and I hope it doesn't end up getting abandoned, otherwise I'd be letting people down and that's terrible.

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Chat Board (for all your OOC needs)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items