Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval
[ENROLLMENT] Kipp Thornmarch | Moon Hunter [ READY ]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:16 pm
DEUS EX MACHINA PERSONNEL FORM
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Hunter
Name: Kipp Thornmarch
Nicknames: Furryfoot (thanks dad)

Category: Moon

The Weapon

Name: Sophia
Nicknames: "The Goddess" < purely wishful thinking on Sophia's part
Type of Weapon: Guisarme / Staff hybrid
Former species of weapon: Winged Djinn

Personalities: Sophia________ Once quite pampered, Sophia's specialty lay in granting wishes with dire consequences for those who made the wishes. Otherwise, she struggled to maintain balance between all good and bad-- without moments of light, Sophia argued, there could not be those moments of dark in which her people thrived. One must give, in order to take. Sophia is all about those balances of give and take.

Kipp's Good Side____________
Encouraging
..... Kipp probably won't ever discourage someone from the positive endeavours they attempt. She will always be one of the first to cheer a fellow hunter or human being on, and to nurture all growth in those who are new at something. Kipp loves to learn trades and such so that she can teach them to others, and her patience in these matters is seemingly endless.
Reliable
..... Kipp will always be there when she says she will, and she won't exaggerate her abilities. She sometimes gets jealous of others who can lie, or will excel past her, but even then she won't make something up to seem stronger or a better candidate. Kipp always strives to do her best, and you can rely on her as part of your team to give everything she has and then some. Her punctuality and love of teamwork are great assets.

The Grey Area____________
This is a No Swear Zone and We Don't Do Vulgar
..... Kipp doesn't talk dirty and she doesn't swear! She isn't a big fan of any of that, either, and sometimes if she's in a particularly bad mood she'll let you know. Otherwise she pretends she can't hear it.

Kipp's BAD Side____________
Selfish
..... Kipp gets jealous when the things she wants are denied her, or taken from her, and given to someone else. It's especially obvious when she wants cuddles or attention and can't seem to get it. If she can take more food, she will; if she can get more of your time, she will. The only exceptions to this are generally if she's trying to be encouraging; Kipp loves seeing others succeed, despite her selfishness-- however, as soon as she deems them to be on her same level of skill or what have you, the gloves come off.
Bossy
.....Do exactly what the small one says or fear the wrath contained in her 4'8" body. Surely, part of the reason she's so encouraging is because she gets to tell people what to do and they want her to. Changes in plans and differing opinions may not be well-received.

Why did your human character choose to become a Hunter?
Kipp's favourite phrase as a child was "bad man!" or "bad lady!" used relatively interchangeably. She had a biting problem. She was trained out of it. What she was not trained out of, however, was seeing things that she ought not. Kipp was always really sensitive, to all manners of strange things, even from birth. Finally, around age 8, it was one of her cousins that took her under her wing and told her about the worlds they don't see, as best as she knew. Which was not very much. Her cousin was, like her mother, new-age-y and liked to tell her about pretty much every out of the book legend ever like it explained what Kipp was seeing. Obviously, her cousin knew nothing; it's just in the hunter lore that being a hunter is often a genetic trait, so her cousin being able to see the same things that Kipp saw wouldn't be super out of line, she just attributes them to other stuff I guess. Kipp was supported and loved, and although doubted, she was never made to feel like her perceptions were invalid. Her mom was kind of new-age-y and her dad loved her mom so it all worked out okay. Kipp misses them terribly, but she was shaped by her cousin Evangeline and offered the chance to guide and protect others with her gift. She took it, even if it may mean her death.

Weapon Ability
The Hand of Fate :: [ The Barrier ] :: Kipp makes a stabbing motion downwards with Sophia, and upon the point's contact with any surface, creates a sort of faintly gold glowing hand that envelopes her or a target of her choice through the fight, until the barrier breaks.

Physical Description:

Eye Colour: Red [ rare genetic mutation ]
Hair Colour/Style: sort of white pixie cut/ feathered; it's so blonde it appears white to all but the most astute observer I guess. I'm sure she treats it with some product to take all the remaining blonde-ness out of it. Idk man.
Skin Colour: see reference
Clothing Style/Colours: See reference
Extra: Sophia desummons into a gold charm bracelet that looks suspiciously like it's covered in these as gold charms. No reason.
References: Won already so it's up there! I love premades, this is so exciting.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:45 pm
Welcome to the salty healers club where the tanks don't matter and DPS is king.

My only approval pert things are:
-'Finally, around age 8, it was one of her cousins that took her under her wing and told her about the worlds they don't see, ' This is over reaching/not allowed for backstory IF you mean talk of Halloween and such- if you just mean general fantasy world, then please clarify!

-If her eyes are red and she is albino, do note that these should come with the medical complications- hair can be dyed and eye contacts are a thing to explain art, but these are normal humans no matter what, so she does need a 'normal' hair and eye color.
If keeping that her hair is truly white and eyes are actually red- those will need actual reasons for being so; the eyes to be red pretty much requiring the medical complications due to lack of melanin.

Those are only things that need to be clarified other than
on a scale of the pacific ocean to the dead sea how salty of a healer are you?

Face your demons

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:06 pm
iStoleYurVamps
Welcome to the salty healers club where the tanks don't matter and DPS is king.

My only approval pert things are:
-'Finally, around age 8, it was one of her cousins that took her under her wing and told her about the worlds they don't see, ' This is over reaching/not allowed for backstory IF you mean talk of Halloween and such- if you just mean general fantasy world, then please clarify!

-If her eyes are red and she is albino, do note that these should come with the medical complications- hair can be dyed and eye contacts are a thing to explain art, but these are normal humans no matter what, so she does need a 'normal' hair and eye color.
If keeping that her hair is truly white and eyes are actually red- those will need actual reasons for being so; the eyes to be red pretty much requiring the medical complications due to lack of melanin.

Those are only things that need to be clarified other than
on a scale of the pacific ocean to the dead sea how salty of a healer are you?

Face your demons

Uh? It was a premade, right, so I have no idea if the eyes and hair had to be explained via cosmetic stuff or contacts... I didn't realize this would be a complication. According to some cursory research, it's apparently not entirely unheard of/ possible that it could just be a genetic mutation causing the eyes to appear red (but not necessarily the mutation associated with extreme albinism). If that's unacceptable, then I suppose I will go ask. Sorry, I would understand this if I had quested a character with red eyes for fun.... but this is literally how she was when I received her? It never occurred to me that I'd have to learn how to justify how my premade looks D: ... As for her hair, it's not so unusual for a kid to have hair so blonde it looks white. If you're wondering where I saw the info about a genetic mutation, it's here. Anyway, I get that hunters have to be absolutely human, but there you go. Hair so blonde it seems white, and a genetic mutation.

As for knowing about halloween, no. I just meant her cousin is new-age-y like her mom and they are like *things unseeeen fairies steal your keeeeeeys* which is totally acceptable I think? smile So I will edit that part so that when you read it, it makes sense to you.

I hope that answers your questions...?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:42 pm
Even with premades, all characters adhere to the rules- just a matter of how.

Again- if you want her to have actual red eyes, she would be suffering from a genetic mutation and would incur the drawback of that.
However, contact lenses are a perfectly fine thing, and it wouldn't be abnormal or unheard of for a hunter to use or enjoy wearing them. Brown eyes can appear red in certain light, but they will icly, be 'brown'.

Same with white hair- if you want actual white hair, there would need to be a reason for it, but as you said, blonde air so pale it appears white is a perfectly valid thing, however her actual hair color would be considered 'Blonde'.

I verified this information with Liz just now and to quote her 'Any cosmetic features like eye and hair color are naturally occurring the same way they are in the real world, colorations that deviate from this are the result of dye/contacts/etc'

Unfortunately, the article cited is based off of hypotheses of possible evolutionary genetic mutations, so I'm afraid it does not hold much ground in current application either.

And yeah, just clarify that its about aeries and all that jazz and not halloween and you'll be fine!

Face your demons

iStoleYurVamps

iStoleYurVamps

Crew

Trash Husband

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:55 pm
Found this in the hunter quest creation guide, thought it was relevant, am on phone so I sound terse! But:

"Skin colors must be in the natural range; hair/eye color can be any color of the rainbow! "

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:29 am
Face your demons
Found this in the hunter quest creation guide, thought it was relevant, am on phone so I sound terse! But:

"Skin colors must be in the natural range; hair/eye color can be any color of the rainbow! "

iStoleYurVamps

I'm gonna clarify that quote! It's because contacts and hair dye very easily allow for that spectrum, unlike skin color. We don't want people to be discouraged from having characters with fun hair and eye colors! It's just that they shouldn't be a natural born feature in human characters.

That said, so blonde it's practically white hair, isn't too unusual and is fine. Red eyes can be the result of albinism, contact lenses, or simply brown eyes that appear reddish in certain lights. I know this can come across as nitpicky, especially given the fact that this is premade art, but in writing, aspects like hair and eyes come up often enough that they can very easily undermine the setting more than we're really comfortable with, so we do try to draw lines while also finding working compromises.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:40 pm
//Deus Ex Machina Entry Form xx.xx.xx

//Name:
//Gender:
// Entry level: Trainee
//Status: Rapunzel
//Clearance: Approved for entry
(( OOC: Don't forget to drop off certs HERE ))

SOPHIA WEP BEST WEAPON. What liz said is great! @ albinism and product and stuff that's totally fine! (It's blonde-whiteish hair anyway on the ref hahaha)

Face Your Demons

lizbot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:16 pm
lizbot

Thanks for taking the time to clarify, and also for the polite wording of the entire post ; u; I super appreciate it, actually. Thank you!

Zoobey

roger that I promise I won't make trouble, I just wanna play her haha ALSO SOPHIA IS SO PRETTY ungh I stare at her instead of doing mechanics.

I wish I was kidding.

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

{ Halloween Subspace } --- Quests and character approval

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas