[SPR] Collecting Weird Friends (See Inside) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:09 pm
((This is a Solo RP by ~Latonia de la Courtel~ for the following ponies: ))

User Image User Image
User Image

((Teepee Here))

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:13 pm
Dancing along to the soft jingle and chime of her teacups on their bandolier, Tatyana Bangarang made her way through the forest at an easy lope. She wasn’t headed anywhere in particular, so far all she knew she’d already reached her destination and passed it a dozen times. But wandering until something exciting happened seemed as good a plan as any, and so far nothing exciting enough to meet that description had occurred.

So she purred and hummed and trotted along, wings folded snug to her back and shadowy paws dancing in and out of visibility. They weren’t incorporeal of course, so they didn’t disrupt her movement, but it was a little odd to look at so she didn’t because she didn’t want to trip over her invisible paws, you see.

Instead her bright red eyes scanned the trees, and she hummed and clicked and clinked along on her merry way. "What to do, what to do, what to do?"

Wordcount: 160  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:20 pm
“Oh no! Oh, what to do, what to do, what to do!?” Whispered the white flutter mare as she wound through the tangles and twines of the bramble bushes. Frowning as she rustled through the leaves and tried to find the shiny stone she was almost-nearly-positive she’d seen there previously, Hellebore Boneblossom muttered and worried softly to herself. “Oh I am certain it was here… Or very nearly. At least, I thought it was? But it doesn’t seem to be so. If someone else took it, that will be too sad to think of! It would have been perfect for my collection, I know it would have.”

This is what happens when one listens to sensible people talking about many fine trinkets to be found elsewhere. Or at least, this is what Helle supposed happened… For this was certainly the first time she’d let someone give her directions about this market or that, and then when she went hunting the thing she’d been after in the first place, she’d come back only to find it missing.

“Oh I don’t think I’ll ever listen to them again!”

Wordcount: 186  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:25 pm
“Hmmm, not finding a pool here at all.” Lotan muttered to himself as he glanced into yet another empty meadow. “Should have known that featherhead didn’t know what he was gabbing about. Guess that’s the last time I’ll ever listen to them again.”

Shaking off his disappointment, the draft stallion paused in surprise when a magpie darted right past his nose and into the trees. The bird’s jeering cries were annoying, but unsurprising, as Lotan could see a number of shiny pebbles scattered in the grass. Maybe he’d stumbled across the strange bird’s hoard? But no, some of them seemed large, too large for the bird to lift on its own. One in particular had scored marks on it, and for whatever reason Lotan scooped it up with a tentacle to examine as he paced along.

“Now then, what have we here?”

Wordcount: 142  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:31 pm
Turning a corner on the forest path, Tatyana stopped suddenly as a flicking white fawn-like tail caught her attention. She blinked in bewilderment, then inched closer. “What have we here?”

The brambles rustled and shook, making the winged Cheshire cat hesitate out of reach and flatten her ears. She certainly had her fierce claws and strong fangs and proud horns to protect her, but she’d rather avoid fighting if she could. Maybe she’d try talking to them instead.

“There in the bushes! Don’t you know there’s a path here, and you walk on the path? You shouldn’t be in the brambles unless you are one, or a berry… Berries are allowed there too, I suppose.” She muttered. “But you’re not a bramble or a berry or a bunny… So… Who… Who are you?”

Wordcount: 133  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:44 pm
“Well, you’re not what I want.” Hellebore muttered to a berry. “Though, on second thought.”

Plucking it and gulping it down, the mare continued to paw her way through the bramble bushes in search of the pebble. She didn’t hear the sound of approaching hooves or paws, but then a strange voice cut through all the rustling and whispering of the brush and made her crane her head out in search of the newcomer.

“Who are you?” She challenged quietly, rather than answering the question immediately. “Did you steal my pebble? I left it here for safekeeping under the bramble bushes but it’s not here now, and you are… And I don’t think pebbles turn into ponies, even if they are particularly shiny… So I imagine you aren’t it.”

She pouted for a moment, then flicked her fawn-like tail and shrugged her wings. “I am Hellebore Boneblossom, and I am looking for my pebble.”

Wordcount: 154  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:53 pm
Lotan blinked in surprise as a creek appeared almost under his hooves as he made to stride through the next glade he came from. Frowning down at the narrow passage of water, he sighed. “Well… You’re not what I want… Though, on second thought, beggars can’t be choosers now can they?”

With a sigh the draft stallion lowered his head, drinking his fill and allowing his tentacles to reach down and splash in the stream. The crimson limbs quickly curled and splashed in the water before tangling up around his ears, as the rush of it was frigid.

“Snow runoff, mostly.” He mumbled to himself as he straightened, shaking off a shiver when chilled droplets raced down his neck. For the most part the cold didn’t bother him too much, but there was just enough of an icy bite to chill him. “Guess it’s time to head back…”

Wordcount: 148  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:49 pm
“You’re not what I want either.” Tatyana Bangarang retorted sharply, her expression going a bit sulky as she considered the stranger. “And I certainly wasn’t looking for you, make no mistake. But I’ve found you, whether you intended to be found or not. Also, you’re looking for something, which means the game isn’t over. And if the game isn’t over, how can we say who won? We can’t. So then, it follows that we must find things until there are no more things for finding, then the game is over, and we can find out who won. Though I suppose if you were raised to find out who wins before the game is finished, we could try things that way. But I wonder then, what is the point in the finishing at all? You would already know who won. There goes all the fun straight out of it, like tea out a cracked cup. Sure you can catch some of it with a saucer, but aren’t you better off moving on to a proper cup altogether? I should think so.”

Stopping her babble of nonsense with a decisive nod, the tiger-like mare surveyed her surroundings again. True, Tatyana knew all about looking for things that were lost, of course. The trouble with things that you liked was that they could get lost all on their own, or by your own actions (or possibly, such as they might be, was more accurate). Anyway, she hadn’t found a pebble recently but that didn’t mean she wouldn’t help look. After all, the stranger seemed nice enough, with flowers on her antlers and graceful paws.

“So, I’m here and you’re here and your pebble isn’t. What say you we go looking for it, to get it found? Then we can continue on with what we were doing, which is likely not quite as important as finding a lucky pebble. Is it lucky? Or just shiny? Is it your favorite pebble, or did they all wander off and you have to find the whole slew of them? Just what kind of pebble are we talking about, anyway? Do you remember where you saw it last, or why you’re so certain it’s nearby?”

Katya shifted on her paws. “I wouldn’t say I’m an expert pebble seeker but I hunt and seek a lot of things. Usually other lost foals or birds or food or resources… But sometimes pretty things like flowers and pebbles and feathers. Anyway, if you want help I’m pretty helpful, is what I’m saying. But if you don’t that’s fine too.”

Delighted by the possibility of introductions, the blue mare wriggled her nose and lashed her tail. “Hellebore, that’s pretty! I am Tatyana, Tatyana Bangarang. Friends call me Tatya, you can too if you’d like to be friends.”

Wordcount: 465  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:57 pm
Helle gave the mare a sulky look, sighing. “I wasn’t really talking to you, when I said that. Honest! I was talking to the berry I found in place of my pebble. The berry was sweet, but the shiny pebble could be kept longer. So, I miss the pebble, though the berry was nice. Either way, it wasn’t meant as an attack on you, honest.”

She brightened at the mention of a game, tilting her head thoughtfully. “Ok, if the game isn’t over when do we learn the rules? Usually at the beginning but I didn’t know we were playing, and at the end would be too late. Are we in the middle? Are there rules to learn in the middle? If you know them will you share them, or do we make them up as we go along?”

At the flurry of questions about her pebble, Hellebore excitedly flicked her tail. “It is quite shiny, shiny indeed. One of my favorites? My favorite forest pebble, to be sure. Though I have a favorite desert pebble that is dark rock with golden flecks in it, it is the best desert pebble. I have a good ocean pebble too, with a bit of old shell in it. Black and glossy, that one, smooth-tumbled by the waves. So, each of them are the best from their places and it’s not fair to pick a best of them all. They’re all lucky in a way, since I was lucky to find them? I don’t know if that helps.”

The mention of being a seeker of things made her wriggle excitedly, beaming widely. “Tatya! That’s pretty, that’s pretty indeed and I would love to be friends. Helle, for short, since we’re friends? Tatya and Helle, pebble seekers and friends. I like the sound of that.”

Wordcount: 301  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:26 pm
Tatyana smiled, wide and sweet, when the mare explained she had been talking to the shrubbery and its contents rather than her. She flicked her tail in a lazy curl, churring softly in understanding. “Well, that’s alright then. I certainly know the struggle it can be when you’re looking for something and finding, well, everything else? That can be quite frustrating, indeed. Food is good, important, but not quite as good as a lucky charm.”

Tilting her head at the description of pebbles, Tatya filed the information away for later. Lucky pebbles –or even unlucky ones- were no specialty of hers. Still, the descriptions made some of them sound interesting and perhaps it would be nice to pick up a few to entertain some of the Lost Foals with. She’d keep an eye out for them later.

“Shiny is good, shiny is easy to find.” Tatya confirmed softly, bright eyes sweeping over the path and the immediate area around them. “As for the game, I’m not really sure of rules? I think it started when neither of us were paying attention and possibly rules were decided then. We’re better off just making them up as we go along, in the middle of the game, and hoping for the best. Rules at the end are just silly, unless we use them next time.”

“Maybe you’ll be lucky to find them a second time, or I will be lucky to find them for a first, and give it back to you. That’s all the luck we need, really, and keen eyes are better. If you are sure it was in this area, near the brambles, we can eat and talk and hunt for pebbles all at once.” Tatya grinned and then began riffling through the nearby shrubbery. “Friends are good, Helle, I like the sound of that.”

Wordcount: 305  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:39 pm
Lowering his head to the water once more, Lotan steeled himself against the frigid bite of the snow runoff fed stream, and splashed all his tentacles in the water once again. It was important for them to stay wet in his travels, even if the water was melted snow and made him shiver when it soaked his coat. He took another deep drink and then straightened, splashing through the stream to dampen his fetlocks before continuing on his journey.

“I suppose it’s time to continue on, and head back to familiar territory.” He hummed to himself. “Maybe visit a few friends before heading home… I like the sound of that.”

Winding his way through the forest, the draft stallion paused to rake his antlers against a convenient tree trunk, marking his passage down the path and rubbing away some of the velvet on a newly branching point. “Maybe I should find something to eat, and then pick a friend to visit… That sounds better than retiring home alone.”

Wordcount: 168  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:45 pm
“Food is good and important, yes.” Helle agreed with a soft sigh. “The berries here are quite nice! Some tart and some sweet, good for everyone. The brambles are a bit tricky to navigate, mind your nose and toes! But snacks while we hunt will make the hunt more enjoyable! Maybe we should make it a scavenger hunt? Berries and pebbles and.. I don’t know. Interesting leaves? I spy!”

She danced about on her paws, flicking her tail as she pointed her muzzle toward a tree overhead. “I spy with my little eyes… A bird nest on that branch. Ok Tatya, now you spy something.”

With a giggle she frisked over to the next berry bush and began plucking ripe berries from the vine, chewing them happily. “Best day ever, way better than retiring home alone.”

Wordcount: 136  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:49 pm
Meandering among the bushes, Tatyana let her new friend’s chatter wash over her. It was nicer than running with the Lost Foals band, since most of them seemed quiet or taciturn when they were out on a hunt. Though this wasn’t a particularly difficult hunt, with no savvy prey, so there was no need to maintain silence. The pebble couldn’t hear them and run away, so they could talk and laugh and play games while they hunted.

“I spy?” She murmured, tilting her head. “I don’t know that game, but it sounds easy enough.”

Tilting her head to admire the bird nest and chewing a berry thoughtfully, she paced along the path a few strides and then began craning her head around. “Very well then… I spy, with my little eye… A pile of empty nut shells, left behind by a hungry squirrel!”

She pawed at the empty shells to ensure the pebble was not hidden among them, and then snatched up a few berries as her reward. “Your turn again? And yes, I agree this is much better than just going home. Home doesn’t have games like this.”

Wordcount: 189  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:57 pm
Pacing along through the quiet forest, Lotan pondered who to visit with among his companions. He was fairly sure most of the ladies, were out having their own fun, which meant they’d be wandering all over the world. The flutter ladies were particularly difficult to locate in their adventuring, dancing off on the breeze to distant flower fields or windswept cliffs at the drop of a leaf.

“So that rules out Dyani and Amacha.” He murmured, pausing at the sudden sound of laughter and bright voices further along the path. “Though if that’s them now, that would be quite interesting. But not quite the right pitch… New friends, perhaps?”

Wagging his tail happily he shuffled around the bend of the path, catching the tail end of their words about a game.

“I spy?” He rumbled gently. “Might anyone happen along and play? A game would be welcome.”

Wordcount: 147  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:41 pm
(Time Skip)

Quote:
“This is unacceptable.” The stallion snarled under his breath, laying his ears flat to his skull. “Do you hear me? I do not think we should tolerate this for a single moment. I do not approve, not at all.”

With an irate wriggle of his tentacles, Lotan paced the shadowed path through the woods with heavy steps. His sharp hooves dug and cut at the rich grass, leaving visible prints in his wake. The movements were choppy, jagged and nothing like the smooth flow of his usual strides. Then again, this was Lotan in a tumultuous mood, unwieldy and crashing. Nothing at all like his usual gentle amusement, the flow of his humor and smooth motion of muscles.

Quote:
“I am not from around here…” Tatyana suggested in a soft voice, eying their mutual friend with some concern. “Indeed, I was not raised in the same way you were. If I had parents, I did not meet them as a foal. I was merely left as a basket to awaken and fend for myself. It was fortunate, at least, that there were some other lost foals there.. We found each other, grew together; why, we even formed a band of our own. Eventually it became a herd, and though I am an adult and I have moved on from it… It is still the home I have, known, they are still my friends. Not family in a traditional sense, but looked on with fondness.”

Quote:
“ I am sure that you are fond of your herd, as they are like your family.” Helle agreed, shouldering the winged mare with a fond smile. She received a cat-like grin in response, which she took as being an acceptable enough gesture. “That’s no matter, a family is certainly a family. There is no right or wrong for a shape. I think Lotan is just upset because this new herd poses a threat to his family. If he is not there among his relations, he fears they might be in danger. By the same token, he cannot be with them all the time. He would worry about us, as his friends, and many others he had met in his travels.”

Quote:
Tatyana gave the doe-like mare another fond grin, curling her wing over the gossamer whispers of color that protruded from Helle’s back. The gesture was a soothing one for Tatya, like the curl of her tail around the mare’s hock.

“So what will you do, Lotan?” She murmured, bright eyes glinting with concern. “What should we do? As your friends, part of your herd, should we help? I don’t know how, I am not sure how territory disputes are done. The one I care for, his family herd is old and settled. Their territory is well-known, well-marked and with stout defenses. The herd is vast, and he needs not fear invaders. But, if there are new herds starting trouble, we should know… Just in case.”

Quote:
Hellebore shifted on her paws, settling under the smooth-leather of Tatyana’s wing. The strange shades of blue were dark like shadows against her white hide, and she leaned fondly into the warmth of the wing out of reflex. It was good, to have friends, Helle had long ago decided. Friends were almost as fun as a good collection of pebbles, just, giant. Warm and giant and talking to her, and sometimes bringing her snacks or shiny objects.

A gift that would also bring her gifts, in a way. And bicker and laugh with her, which was good too. A gift that she could curl up with and sleep deeply in the shadow of. A gift that watched her back; and stars above she was so, so grateful for it.

“A strategy would be good.” Helle allowed in a quiet, thoughtful tone. “And make it a good one, because you are our friend and we would not want you hurt. Should I ask the bones, or the stones, what is best? I might do, they are always quite clever after all. More clever than most realize, or give them credit for.”

Quote:
Lotan stumbled to a sudden halt, the crimson tentacles of his mane flying wide and halting in abject shock. “Wait, what? No, no, no sweet ladies. Nothing of the kind. I wasn’t wanting you involved, in fact the very opposite. The opposite thing was what I wanted. I was just telling you so you could be sure to be careful, to stay away and stay safe. I want to take action against this threat against my family, but I do not want to risk my friends to do so.”

Quote:
“Do you hear something, sweet Helle?” Tatyana murmured with wry amusement and a flick of her cat-like tail. “I am sure I just heard a sweet but misguided stallion try to tell us what to do.”

Quote:
“None of that, Tatya.” Lotan muttered with a sulky look. “Don’t be like that, you know I just want you ladies to be safe. You are among my best friends now, and I do not have many of them! I would rather you were safe and well, since you knew my family was in turmoil, and thus I may not be able to visit you often until it is all sorted out.”

Quote:
“Oh he cannot help it, Tatyana.” Hellebore laughed. “He is a silly male, and you and I know this. But you know what we should do? We should tell the Lady Ars, he has always been intimidated by her.”

Quote:
Lotan snapped to attention, an expression something like horror stealing over his face.

“You wouldn’t!” He gaped down at the now smirking pair, shaking his head. “You absolutely wouldn’t dare, would you?”

Quote:
“Oh poor, sweet Lotan.” Tatyana murmured, her tone rich with false sympathy. “A better question would be, do we know her and have the resources to find her? And since we brought it up, I think it is rather clear that we do, and we would…”

Lotan Total Wordcount: 311
Tatyana Bangarang Wordcount: 332
Hellebore Boneblossom Wordcount: 350

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out