Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I hate adulting
  making difficult decisions....
View Results

sgt.Frosty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:33 pm
so I am moving on to a new anti-virus software. i'm looking at malwarebytes. that sound good to any tech savvy people? I may start off with the free version, then maybe get the premium but I dunno, I'm also looking at norton antivirus.

right now, I have like a day left of trend micro premium, it has served me quite well, but that subscription cost tho....  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:05 pm
I don't use any anti viruses though, I know how to get them off the computer plus I only go to Gaia so It's not often I get infected.
Back when I would download music off of Limewire I used Eset.
Norton is ok, but it's a behemoth of a program so it might slow your computer down a little bit.  

Qwertea
Captain

IRL Gaian

11,725 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Rat Conqueror 500

sgt.Frosty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:47 pm
I wish I knew how to spot anything malicious on my computer like that, I mean I kind of can but only if something is gone or installed without me doing so to start with.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:15 pm
Okay, so here's the scoop from someone who works with and builds computers for a living (well when I'm working rather than taking care of my son) anyway...

I WOULD NOT WISH Mcafee ON MY WORST ENEMY. It's garbage. Expensive garbage.

You want Avast. Avast is not only free but it is some of the best coverage you can get. Up to date with the latest vulnerabilities running around the nasty web and easy to use.  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

sgt.Frosty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:14 am
Neshira Namea Returns
Okay, so here's the scoop from someone who works with and builds computers for a living (well when I'm working rather than taking care of my son) anyway...

I WOULD NOT WISH MALWAREBYTES ON MY WORST ENEMY. It's garbage. Expensive garbage.

You want Avast. Avast is not only free but it is some of the best coverage you can get. Up to date with the latest vulnerabilities running around the nasty web and easy to use.

why is it garbage exactly? also, malwarebtes is anti-malware, avast seems to be anti virus, why not use both? cause I do know that malwarebytes should not be my main security program, it has to be used with something else  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:36 am
sgt.Frosty
Neshira Namea Returns

I WOULD NOT WISH MALWAREBYTES ON MY WORST ENEMY. It's garbage. Expensive garbage.

why is it garbage exactly? also, malwarebtes is anti-malware, avast seems to be anti virus, why not use both? cause I do know that malwarebytes should not be my main security program, it has to be used with something else

OK so I'm an idiot and I was sleep deprived when I posted this. Somehow I mistook Malwarebytes, which is perfectly great, for MCAFEE. *facedesK* pLEASE ignore me on that. Malwarebytes works just great and I use it myself.

McAfee is the one I meant and I'm an idiot oh my goshness I'm gonna go hide in a corner now.  

Neshira Namea Returns

Josies Champion

19,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

sgt.Frosty

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:47 am
Neshira Namea Returns
sgt.Frosty
Neshira Namea Returns

OK so I'm an idiot and I was sleep deprived when I posted this. Somehow I mistook Malwarebytes, which is perfectly great, for MCAFEE. *facedesK* pLEASE ignore me on that. Malwarebytes works just great and I use it myself.

McAfee is the one I meant and I'm an idiot oh my goshness I'm gonna go hide in a corner now.

don't stress about it, and I know how terrible Mcafee is, like everytime I saw a commercial where some gadget was "powered" by that security I was tempted to call in and tell them how terrible of a decision that is. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:18 pm
I use malwarebytes its good one.  

ScarredRavens

Dapper Phantom

16,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Entertainment Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash