Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Pridelands
[PRP] The hunt at the end of the rainbow (Ziazan & Acacia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:24 am
User Image

She wasn't great at hunting. Her mother had always been an amazing huntress, even though she had been born in the pridelands and hunting had always been plentiful, she was still really rubbish at it. Her mother and siblings had tried to encourage her, they had been ever so patient in her teaching but she really was just no good at it at all! She could hardly be called a huntress really.

The pastel rainbow female flumpped down unhappily in a furry heap and huffed. "Stupid antelope." She mumbles "Can't even catch a little thing." She lets out a long exhausted sigh and rolls on to her back her pale tummy in the air. Why was life so hard?

Zingling

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:42 am
Syrius Lionwing

Acacia was all but in tears at the pitiful display of hunting skills. Her brows were held high and her mouth open wide, a slight gleam of liquid at the corner of her eyes indicating tears were threateningly close to escaping.

"Oh-hohohohohoho... HAHAHAHA... Oh man dat was amazingly awful gurl." Shaking her head, the above slightly plump, tall lioness wandered over. Acacia felt the urge to help the lioness out, especially after the comedy show she was given access to.

"C'mere gurl, I show you."  

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:58 am
Ziazan rolled over on to her belly and looked at th either lioness with both shock and embarrassment. She was sure she had double checked that there was no one about, yet here she was being laughed at. She let out a very heavy sigh, she was full of bad luck today it seemed. The other lioness seemed to be fairly pudgy though, she was obviously a good hunter and while she never went hungry, she ate from the community pot, she certainly couldn't be called weighty in any way shape or form.

"Its useless." She sighed. "I'm just not a hunter."

Zingling

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:33 am
Syrius Lionwing

"I agree, ya not ta hunta, but I disagree dat it is useless, ya just gotta work wit a team, ya hear me?" Smirking, Acacia moved closer to the lioness, looking her up and down as if accessing her for some reason or another. "Dat coat of yours gives ya away, ya'know?" Pointing at all the rainbow hues on the beautiful lady in front of her, Acacia smiled a toothy grin. It wasn't really a terrible thing, having colorful fur, the lioness just has to learn to work with it instead of against it.

"Ya can't very well hide easily wit dat, ya more a distraction." Acacia let the sentence sit in the air for a few minutes, not really taking not that her words could be considered rude if taken the wrong way. Looking around the the grass lands she spotted a few antelope grazing, nodding her head towards them she smiled.

"See, ya best in front of da huntin' party." Picking up a rock that was closest to her, she laid it down in front of Ziazan. "Dis is da prey." Picking up a leaf, she placed it behind the prey. "Dis is da huntin' party." Snatching a beetle, she quickly placed it in front of the prey. "Dat is you. Ya move dem prey beasts towards da party, dey come out and--" Slamming her paw on the rock, she nodding in approval. "Dey dead."

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:41 am
Ziazan wanted to protest about being a distraction. She could hardly disagree though. Her coat was indeed a give away when she was hunting alone. It was a hard truth, one that had been skirted by her family even if it was completely obvious. She would never be able to be a lone huntress.

"I guess." She sighed. "I just want to catch something, just once." She lowers her ears she really felt like such a failure, she always had to rely on someone else to help. She couldn't be independent, she would never be able to be independent. Letting out an audible sigh the rainbow hued lioness gave a little nod of her head. She just had to accept that this was the way it ways going to be forever.

"Did you, want to hunt now?" She raised a hopeful brow, she want, after all hunting for the sake of it, she was hungry she just didn't want to go tot he community pot, just once.

Zingling

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:58 am
Syrius Lionwing

Acacia lifted her paws in the air, making a sort of shrug that was meant to say, sucks to be you or perhaps an apology. Thinking about it though, she set her paws onto the ground and looked at the diagram she made. "Ya'know, ya could catch yaself somethin' wit a bit a speed on ya side."

Patting herself in the stomach, Acacia drew the other lioness' attention to her bulk. "See 'm rather chubby 'er" Waiting a moment, she licked the corner of her mouth then continued. "I can't run like ya can. Catch m' drift?" Perhaps she'd make this lioness' day, week even. She could definitely use her for a favor or two later on then. She liked acquiring favors, they kept her from having to do everything herself. "We can hunt tagether, but ya gonna owe me."

Standing up to study the area and where the prey were, Acacia smirked. It would be extremely easy to catch something. They were in the tall grass, she could sneak behind and let ol' pastel butt scare em.

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:11 am
Zingling

The colourful lioness tilted her head. Owe? She wasnt actually sure what the other lioness meant. "Uhm, what do you mean owe?" She tilted her head, honestly she wasnt too naive but she had never met anyone that wanted a favour for a hunt. She had been on group hunts after all, everyone worked together and they all benefitted. She just couldn't do it alone.

Ziazan couldn't help but wonder if she had found the wrong comrad here, perhaps she should just give up the goat for today. "Maybe I can just go in the evening group hunt. Thank you for your help though." The colourful lioness looked longingly at the small herd in the distance, today was just not her day, she would just have to accept that it would probably never be her turn to hunt alone and she would certainly never be as chunky as this lioness before her.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:22 am
Syrius Lionwing

Pulling a face Acacia sighed, normally she'd give up after a someone declined her proposals, but she was feeling generous today and a little bit bored. "Eh, ya would just have ta help me sometime is all..." Rolling her eyes, she looked to the prey in front of them. "Dis would be a perfect chance for ya to snag ya first antelope on ya own. I can scare em towards ya."

Wandering around to the other side of the pastel princess, she pointed towards the young antelopes hanging closely to their mother. "See dem? Go for dem." With that, Acacia left the lioness no other choice. Either she could wait for the prey to come at her, or leave and miss her chance. In the tanned lioness' eyes it was a win win, she'd eat either way.

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:42 am
The rainbow lioness looked over at the herd in the near distance. The temptation was there but she didn't fancy paying this lioness back in the future, who knew what she would have to do. No. She decided today was not the day and she would have to just accept that.

"Its okay. Thank you though." She smiled weakly and padded off down towards the communal areas and the dens. She would have to simply accept she would never be a great huntress, but she wasnt going to let anyone use her, she didn't want to owe anyone a favour.

[FIN]

Zingling

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:10 pm
Acacia just shrugged lightly and stalked off, it only bothered her slightly that the lioness declined her offer. "Suit yaself" she called, stalking off toward the prey ahead of her. There would be many more opportunities to get favors from others, most were gullible after all. Perhaps she'd pay Areo a visit when she was done, after all, he was her favorite lion to boss around when she is given the chance.  

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces